Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2020

Started by buntyman, March 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cakeinmilk

There was one; it's just uploaded. I think I'm missing around 20 seconds partway through due to an internet outage. If anyone else has a full version, let me know and I'll replace.

I also took the liberty of amplifying certain quiet sections when he was in his garden as it's super inaudible. If you want the pure Kitson experience, take your headphones off for the first half hour and listen to it from a distance. And be overly tired as it's "midnight."

privatefriend

Quote from: JT666 on August 12, 2020, 10:49:38 AM
Was there no Trifle last night / this morning? Did his bad tooth cause a no-show?

Can't find it either.

The upload dated 12th appears to be the same show as the 11th?

cakeinmilk

Fixed, sorry, please re-download

Ptyx

Great listening to Kitson eating and rearranging his saliva

msm

Once I realised wasn't(going) deaf or my headphones were not broken I enjoyed it  ! Thanks for the downloads too !

colsimpson

Not working for me live on multiple platforms. Browser/TuneIn/radio.net/my windows computer/iMac/iPhone

colsimpson

Okay got it working on
Radio-uk.co.uk/resonance-fm

msm

The live stream was playing up tonight , I see where DK is coming from wanting it to be live/ in the moment thing , but Christ fate is having a right attempt at no one hearing it .

cakeinmilk

Weird - today was the first day I looked at the recording and noticed zero instances of long silence.

msm

Quote from: cakeinmilk on August 14, 2020, 10:36:57 AM
Weird - today was the first day I looked at the recording and noticed zero instances of long silence.

thanks BTW for the downloads , beyond and above as always , must admit I'm pretty much a fan of the chat from DK and the music in equal measures  , so that's all good from me .

privatefriend

He mentioned on-air that he's just put up The Interminable Suicide Of Gregory Church to rent on vimeo. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gregorychurch

msm

Shame he didn't read out his work he had written for radio due to dental accidents  .

DrGreggles

Quote from: Daniel KitsonCooooeeeeeee,

Im afraid this isn't going to be the charmingly constructed sort of missive you've become accustomed to over the years. I am, frankly, too busy with actual things to be writing and rewriting what is essentially, lest we forget, a marketing* email.

So forgive me if I BOBP**

1 – The Stand Comedy Clubs, in Edinburgh, Newcastle and Glasgow are currently, as most venues are, BOAB***  There's the very serious threat of redundancies knocking about along with various other grim and depressing waters to navigate. If you have been to see shows at any of those venues over the years then you'll already know they're all truly excellent places to experience the once and future king of all art forms - live comedy.

If you'd like to help them out you can go here to donate.

www.thestand.co.uk/donate

Also, if you'll forgive me for repeating myself, I have released It's The Fireworks Talking on Bandcamp and half of the money made from that will be going to the Stand.

https://danielkitson.bandcamp.com/

2 – I have been fiddling about over the last two weeks of so with footage of Stories For The Wobbly Hearted, filmed in 2005 at the Traverse Theatre. I'd hoped to get in done much quicker than this but was slowed down by the heat, having root canal surgery and deciding to do a radio show at midnight like a plum duff. It's just about done now though. The plan was to release this as a rental during August to raise money for the Traverse Theatre and even though august is nearly over – that's still the plan.

This was filmed on a number of separate nights with one camcorder, fifteen years ago – so the quality, is not HIGH. And there's the odd moment when the sync drifts. Worst of all, I've not been able to track down all of the filmed inserts, but I think you can make it all out and all things considered its not terrible.

Obviously It's odd and intermittently excruciating watching your 25 year old self tell heartfelt stories about loneliness – but it was a very big show for me at the time. The Traverse weren't really interested in my burgeoning rep as a comedian and insisted on reading  the script. The fact they then decided to take a chance on the show based on that script rather than my INDISPUTABLE ABILITY TO SHIFT SWEET UNITS genuinely meant a huge amount to me -  It felt like a vote of confidence in what felt at the time like a scary change of direction and like I say it's definitely not TERRIBLE

It'll be available to rent by the time you get this email and will stay up until the end of of August. It'll be £3.00 for 48 hours access and the money will go to the Traverse, Here's the link.

https://vimeo.com/danielkitson/vod_pages

Or you can go to my website and click on Videos.

3 – Also available on that Vimeo link now is The Interminable Suicide Of Gregory Church – If you missed the screenings I did earlier in Lockdown or you fancy watching it again, you can rent it for 72 hours for £5 until further notice and all the money from that will go to the Angel Comedy Micro Bursary Fund.

4 – Finally, there's a few Fringe related things I wanted to flag up for your potential enjoyment. The ZOO venues in Edinburgh have put together a pretty incredible online season of work with loads of interesting stuff here - https://www.zoofestival.co.uk/

John Osborn writes great spoken word, storytelling shows and has whacked a load of them on Bandcamp here - https://johnosborne.bandcamp.com/ very much worth a listen.

The Traverse have also put together a pretty exciting programme of online stuff that is starting on the 24th of August here - https://www.traverse.co.uk/whats-on/traverse-festival

And that's it for now.

GOODBYE FOREVER.

Daniel.

* - I wonder if this will send this into your spam folders. I guess we'll never know for sure.

**Bash Out (some) Bullet Points

*** Bordering On Absolutely Buggered.

colsimpson

"Is it the sort of music you have on before your shows?"

Howling

privatefriend

Was there an episode last night?

sprocket

SteveDave

"Paedo shorts! And a yellow sweatshirt."

colsimpson

I'm disabled and sit home listening to a lot of radio. This week has been some of the best I've ever heard. I recommend WFMU to anyone who likes this, although even it's best shows are never this consistently good. I wish tonight wasn't the last. If I were rich I'd fund resonance on the proviso that Kitson has a regular slot.

colsimpson

Well this is gold.

Like when War Of The Worlds first went out.

Salty_fries

Losing my mind right now, this is FANTASTIC. Best live(?) comedy I've experienced all year.

msm

Hang on does Kitson even stutter , I am questioning everything now ??

cakeinmilk

All done and will leave these up fairly indefinitely.

Hope you've enjoyed accessing content at a time that works for you.

buntyman

Really enjoyed this. Thanks so much for making them available to us all at a manageable time, cakeinmilk.

Previously i've just dipped in and out of his radio shows but on this latest series I listened to them all in order in their entirety and very glad I did as it turned out. I'd recommend anyone interested who hasn't listened to any of these yet to do so from the start.

notjosh

Haven't got round to any of these yet, but I take it from the above that it's worth listening to all of them in order? Not sure where I can find 90 minutes of uninterrupted time in my day at the moment, so might have to start getting up earlier.

EDIT: Actually that question is answered exactly by the preceding comment isn't it, so this is entirely redundant. So this comment isn't a complete waste of time, I'll just let you know that the word Arctic comes from Arktos, the Greek word for bear, making it "bearland". The Antarctic is therefore "oppositeofbearland". Hope that helps.

SteveDave

Fuckinell. I listened to this on the bus to work today and I almost applauded when it cut off for that last Richard Dawson song.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: cakeinmilk on August 28, 2020, 03:08:06 AM

Very much so. I'm only on to the second week, but they're an absolute joy as always.

DrGreggles

If someone could zip these for me, I'll gladly have sex in you.

Or say 'thanks' - whichever works for you.

one_sharper

Quote from: cakeinmilk on August 28, 2020, 03:08:06 AM

Thanks so much for these!