Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,173
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:20:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2020

Started by buntyman, March 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colsimpson

Oh that was last night, my browser hadn't refreshed, if anyone wants to swap tonight's for the final night's I'm game

holyzombiejesus

Anyone catch either of the first two shows? Any good? We're watching tonight but may have to just lock the toddler in his room (or drug him and go and watch at the local tapas restaurant) to be watching for the 8pm start time .

Famous Mortimer

I'm watching, but it's 2:30 in the afternoon here and I'm still supposed to be working, so I'm not sure how conducive this will be to Mr Kitson's fine brand of comedy.

colsimpson

No! you're in Hebden Bridge and it's 7.30!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: colsimpson on October 28, 2020, 07:36:20 PM
No! you're in Hebden Bridge and it's 7.30!
I do like Hebden Bridge, as well. Extremely dull Hebden Bridge anecdote - I went to a B&B there, and was let in by the bloke who played the vet on Emmerdale (his sister ran the place).

Famous Mortimer

It's lovely so far! And he's not even started yet!

holyzombiejesus

That was so great. Thoughts some aspects worked better then others (obviously). I switched off a bit for the stuff about thousands of post-it notes covering his house and causing 2 foot drifts and him taking days to sort through and organise and read them all and was disappointed that the SOCP bit became too obviously a fictional narrative device but it seems mean to point that out when the vast vast majority of the show caused us so much joy. I sometimes wish he'd allow the mainstream in, I imagine the finished show would be so great on BBC4 on NYE.

dirkgonnadirk

Just watched the first Edinburgh show and thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable 90 mins nonetheless. He did his standard self-deprecation about it being thrown together and not ready, but of course it was very good and seemed finished. He promised to send out a link in a few months to a more complete version.

What does SOCP mean? Google suggests second order cone programming, or something about sexual offenders, neither of which were in the show I just watched.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dirkgonnadirk on November 01, 2020, 10:11:26 PM
Just watched the first Edinburgh show and thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable 90 mins nonetheless. He did his standard self-deprecation about it being thrown together and not ready, but of course it was very good and seemed finished. He promised to send out a link in a few months to a more complete version.

What does SOCP mean? Google suggests second order cone programming, or something about sexual offenders, neither of which were in the show I just watched.
I think it's "sound of children playing".

up_the_hampipe

Presumably these shows will be cancelled after Thursday, right? I've got tickets for one of his Brighton shows next week, but I've heard nothing about it.

There's nobody in the audience and you're allowed to travel for work, so I think they'll go ahead.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 02, 2020, 09:41:44 PM
There's nobody in the audience and you're allowed to travel for work, so I think they'll go ahead.

Theatres are required to close though. Ah, I don't fuckin know with these rules!

RicoMNKN

I got a how it will work email today for Thursday's show, so first lockdown one seems to be going ahead.

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 02, 2020, 09:50:49 PM
Theatres are required to close though. Ah, I don't fuckin know with these rules!

They're only required to close to the public. Ah, I don't fuckin know either!

Lost Oliver

What a tit! I thought these were online so I waited for payday to buy my ticket and only to go on the site and see they'd sold out. So are these actual gigs? Man!

DenzilHolles

They're actual gigs , though the audience is watching online and they're only selling the number of tickets equivalent to the venue's capacity.

Duckula

Quote from: DenzilHolles on November 03, 2020, 10:42:12 AM
They're actual gigs , though the audience is watching online and they're only selling the number of tickets equivalent to the venue's capacity.

That's fucking stupid unless there's a technical reason for it.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Lost Oliver on November 03, 2020, 09:09:55 AM
What a tit! I thought these were online so I waited for payday to buy my ticket and only to go on the site and see they'd sold out. So are these actual gigs? Man!

There are tons of tickets left for much of the tour and I guess it'll get better as he goes along. It was certainly pretty cobbled together on the last night in Hebden Bridge. I think the idea is to choose a performance local to you so as to support the venue but we're just going to choose a night where we can get a takeaway and try and put the little one to bed early.

Uncle TechTip

I had a search and this Saturday 2pm in Manchester is the only one with tickets. Although i got frustrated after searching through a week of gigs.

I've just had an email from Home in Manchester who say it's definitely going ahead.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 03, 2020, 11:55:58 AM
I had a search and this Saturday 2pm in Manchester Liverpool is the only one with tickets. Although i got frustrated after searching through a week of gigs.

Wow, they went quickly. I'm sure there were loads yesterday.

DenzilHolles

Yes, was just posting that it was Liverpool not Manchester. I managed to get one for 2pm. It's still on sale there so get 'em whilst you can.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: Duckula on November 03, 2020, 10:47:31 AM
That's fucking stupid unless there's a technical reason for it.

The exclusivity adds value, doesn't it?
It also means he can help out the individual theatres rather than have everyone watch a single show.

DenzilHolles

All sold out now. As someone's mentioned above, he's said he will release it at some point so fingers crossed he actually will.

colsimpson

If anyone here can't 'make it' one night I can swap you my ticket for the final night as I'm going to be busy then. Email me col@colsimpson.com

jimboslice

I'm meant to watch this tonight, I'm sure, but I can't find any evidence of my ticket anywhere. I can see that I paid a tenner to "Associated Theatres" on the 14th September but that's it. Sold out too. Piss.

HOPE IT'S NOT VERY GOOD.

and my ticket just came through. Hope it is very good.

phantom_power

I have just finished his Trifle set of radio shows and it was fucking amazing. It is really frustrating that there is no way I can convince any of my uninitiated friends about its brilliance though as no description would do it justice