Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:54:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2020

Started by buntyman, March 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

I think I've heard a recording of that show, but the Union Chapel aspect has piqued my interest. Don't usually hear/see recordings of him performing in larger venues.

buntyman

Thanks for highlighting CG, immediate purchase. I'll look forward to listening this weekend while doing my chores.

CaledonianGonzo

Someone needs to create a detailed wiki of exactly what's in each show.  I'm positive I saw this but until I listen to the recording I'm none the fucking wiser.

Maybe it's the pandemic, but looking at the list of shows I note something called Everything Smells Of Orange at the 2019 Fringe and despite surely having seen it I can't even fathom what that was.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 20, 2021, 10:17:25 PM
C-Go! I started a TFC thread thinking it would summon you up. Hope you are well.

Hey fella. All good thanks. Hope likewise. Turns out moving to a new job where you actually have to work for a living seriously hampers your posting time.  I'll check out the Fanny-thread.  Best to you and yours.

Timothy

Everything Smells of Orange was a show where he was doing stand up for an hour at one of The Stand venues. There wasn't really any prepared material as far as I remember and he improvised the entire hour. Was a funny show the day we went.

CaledonianGonzo

Did it have the tram game bit in it?

CaledonianGonzo

OK....and a bit about wanting to own an orchard?

sprocket

Quote from: Daniel Kitson's newsletterHello There.

Sorry to bother you again so soon but this is currently the only action i can take against....a CRIME.

Over the last couple of days, quite a few of you bought the newly released recording of the old show which briefly placed that show on the front page of Bandcamp as the thing that was currently selling most and that seems to have attracted the attention of someone extremely naughty.

This morning, when i tried to log into my bandcamp account, my password took me to the account page for daniei kitson (note the i where the L should be) and not long after that i received a notification email that the paypal account for my page had been changed and then, finally all emails stopped coming. Which means not only is someone draining the sweet kerchingles but i am also unable to change the page or even access the account.

I've contacted bandcamp through the website but there seems to be no way of doing so with any speed and even once they get the emails their replies may be intercepted by the same naughtiness - so i'm sending this just to say.

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM MY BANDCAMP PAGE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

It's a very unsettling feeling to know that someone else has control of my bandcamp account, my listings page and presumably, all the recordings. I'll get it all sorted soon enough, i imagine, after which, i'll dingle you again to let you know but currently this seems to be the only steps i can take with any alacrity.

Anyway, there we go, thanks for your time.

GOODBYE FOREVER

Daniel

Was just going to post the same thing. The hacker is a cunt.

mjwilson

His bandcamp issues got sorted by the way.

Kitson's doing something....

I don't know what as for some reason haven't received any email (still on the mailing list).

Can one of you fine fellas check what's going on and DM me a link to any ticket info. Much obliged.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Daniel Kitson
Right then.
Here's a bit of fun.
I'm going to do some online shows.
Now, I'm describing these shows as Work In Progress, Audio Only, Storytelling Experiment ™
Okay?
So hopefully that's a sufficiently caveated description to temper any unwarranted levels of excitement and therefore mitigate against the inevitable disappointment that follows all optimism as sure as night follows day.
Basically, two years ago, during the Edinburgh Festival, I did a work in progress storytelling show in the Paines Plough Roundabout at Summerhall called Shenanigan*. I liked the story a lot and wanted to do more work on it and had, actually, in fact, if you must know, been in touch with a couple of theatres about potentially turning it into a big old proper show over the course of last year.
But then things happened and here we are.
The plan now is to do these two weeks worth of shows, to both work on the story itself and experiment a bit with the telling of it – to see whether it can function entirely as a piece of audio stuff. So, it's fundamentally the same story as two years ago** told in a new way which means I've called it – quite brilliantly – Shenaniganagain.
Thank you. You're very kind to say so.
Here's some important information about the shows.
These shows will be audio only – that's important to emphasise. I don't want any obsessive peepers feeling cheated. So if you're visually fixated (and who amongst us isn't) you may need to brace yourself for yet more disappointment from this unrelenting world. Confusingly however, the only way I've found of streaming a live, audio only, storytelling experiment ™ is to use a video streaming service but not have any video going. Hope that clears it up.
Also and this is very important – you should expect to listen on headphones which means you'll either need one ticket per person (and everyone listening on their own device) or one of those headphone splitters, I guess. The necessity for headphones may change as I work on the show but for now its best to assume that you'll need headphones.
Finally, I'm capping the tickets at 160 per show as that is the legal capacity in normal times of the Bill Murray in north London which is where I'd almost certainly be doing these shows if these were normal times – but essentially the idea is that I get to work on something in earshot of a small audience for a fortnight and then decide what, if anything, I want to do with the idea after that***. It's also , for me, a fun way to fill the time before being fully vaccinated and will, of course, help me PDBB****.
The shows will take place from the 14th to the 27th of June at 10pm (weekdays) and 10am (weekends). Tickets will be £5 and are available from Noon (London Time) on Friday the 11th of June (London Date) at the link below. They wont be available before that time and there is likely to be a queue.
I have no real idea whether or these shows hold any appeal what with cinemas being opened and everyone being allowed to attend weddings again but if you do fail to get a ticket – try not to be too cheesed off. Firstly, I'll be doing other stuff with bigger capacity at some point and second, it's entirely possible that a Work in Progress, Audio Only, Story Telling Experiment ™ wont be very good*****.
All that being said - Click HERE for tickets.
And thats that.
GOODBYE FOREVER.
Daniel
*- It bears no relevance to the story, I just heard a woman in a café use the word and remembered how much I like it.
**- Although I've already been making changes and adding details and wondering why bits of it were ever in there.
***- Tour it, release it on vinyl, pop it in the bin, maybe take it to Edinburgh****** again
**** - Pay Dem Butter Bills
***** - Keep this to yourself ideally, I need to shift some units.
****** - I (like most people) don't know what's happening with Edinburgh this year. I will, in spite of my young vibe, be fully vaccinated by mid July so I'm quite open to the possibility of something happening and it'll be very difficult not to poke my nose in, if there is stuff going on. But who knows. Wait and see, I suppose.

JCR

Don't drink alcohol during this audio show, the plot is complicated and you will get lost, if I recall correctly

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on June 10, 2021, 04:35:13 PM
DM me a link to any ticket info. Much obliged.

Quote from: DrGreggles/Sweet Danny K
***** - Keep this to yourself ideally, I need to shift some units.

Tsk tsk, Dr G.

Timothy

Keep getting an error page in the queue. 404 Not Found.

Anyone else here with the same problem?

mjwilson

I got a 404 once but I refreshed the page and it was ok (it kept my place in the queue too).

DrGreggles

SteveDave

I bought a ticket for Sunday the 20th of June (Father's Day) but it says 10pm rather than 10am. Dr Greggles can you sort this out for me please?

DrGreggles

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: JCR on June 10, 2021, 07:57:20 PM
Don't drink alcohol during this audio show, the plot is complicated and you will get lost, if I recall correctly

You should have offered up this advice two years back at Paines Plough imho. Would have been way less awkward for everyone involved.

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah, In 2019 I went to see both his Fringe things, one of them was one of his world-building type things but it was on about midnight and I'd been having pints during and between other shows so nearly all of it was wasted on me.

McFlymo

Ach, his Vimeo thing's just crashed / ended abruptly after 5 minutes.
I'm assuming he's not trying to do some sort of long form art piece about expectations and the ennui of modern technology.
Shite craic.

McFlymo

He created a new stream, but sadly it's patchy as fuck. Long audio dropouts.
Ah well. He's kindly offering everyone a link to a recording of the show at the end of the run in two weeks, so that's nice.

cakeinmilk

The first nights' was atrocious too and according to social media, yesterdays' wasn't great either.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: cakeinmilk on June 16, 2021, 10:51:52 PM
The first nights' was atrocious too and according to social media, yesterdays' wasn't great either.

Atrocious technically or comedically?

cakeinmilk

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 17, 2021, 12:08:05 AM
Atrocious technically or comedically?

Purely technically. I expect and deserve ramshackle at an early WIP but there were audio cutouts rendering it fairly incomprehensible. I think his internet connection must be flaky.

CaledonianGonzo

Has this improved? Need to arrange my morning around it a wee but.