Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2020

Started by buntyman, March 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprocket

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on June 19, 2021, 06:04:09 AM
Has this improved? Need to arrange my morning around it a wee but.

Well...

Quote from: Daniel KitsonOh my god.

Well, this was a bit of a rough one.

I know a lot of you had issues and you should know they were almost entirely down to my incompetence and also a little bit my laptop shitting itself.

I inadvertently entered the initial password in the wrong case and in trying to correct it entered two conflicting passwords for the same stream in different access points. So whilst some of you got in fine a lot of you didnt.

And then, relatively close to the end my computer crashed - the whole thing - Did a hard restart on itself for no readily apparent reason and then when i relaunched the stream, the password reset itself and locked even more of you out.

So all in all, not great admin from the big man.

It was actually mostly okay for me once the password was sorted, a couple of little audio blips before his computer crashed, then fine again when he was back online.

Gurke and Hare

I had a ticket for Thursday and it was fine, not a glitch from start to finish.

CaledonianGonzo

This morning was fine.

(Spoilers)

On the other hand, listening to it without 12 hours' worth of booze in the system, it is ultimately all about a man going to extraordinary lengths to gaslight a woman. And while it doesn't explicitly champion it as some sort of grand romantic gesture, it doesn't really offer much in the way of any sort of condemnation or critique either.

SteveDave

I had a ticket for yesterday morning's show but due to a hangover and having a Father's Day lie-in I missed it.

msm

Quote from: McFlymo on June 16, 2021, 10:35:51 PM
He created a new stream, but sadly it's patchy as fuck. Long audio dropouts.
Ah well. He's kindly offering everyone a link to a recording of the show at the end of the run in two weeks, so that's nice.

Anyone have any news on this as I foolishly bought a 10 am slot then tuned into it at 10 pm , would love to hear the show at some point .

up_the_hampipe

Is Kitson doing shows anywhere soon? Haven't heard from him since gigs have opened up again, and he doesn't seem to be at the Fringe this year.

Mr Faineant

Quote from: msm on August 14, 2021, 10:44:14 AM
Anyone have any news on this as I foolishly bought a 10 am slot then tuned into it at 10 pm , would love to hear the show at some point .

He shared a link to the last recording at the end, it was active for about a week.

msm

Quote from: Mr Faineant on August 15, 2021, 12:28:59 AM
He shared a link to the last recording at the end, it was active for about a week.

right thanks .

A new show and some old shows now available to order on vinyl (and CD and cassette in the case of the new show): https://www.danielkitson.com/shop

mjwilson

Bit more detail on the new show:
Briefly though, the prices for Shenanigan are £30 for Double Vinyl, £17 for CD and £12 for Cassette. There's no limited number available or anything like that, the number of each item that gets made will be dictated by the number of orders placed. The shop is open from by the time you read this until Midnight on September 30th 2021. At that point the shop will be closed, all items will go off sale and I'll use the money you've paid to finalise various orders with a few places and then update my website with the expected lead times on each of the formats. Then once they're made and delivered to me, I'll parcel them up and post them to you.
so it sounds like you need to pre-order if you want a copy.

lipsink

Which is the best show out of those to get on vinyl you reckon?

AzureSky

Quote from: lipsink on August 18, 2021, 09:08:16 AM
Which is the best show out of those to get on vinyl you reckon?

I would love to buy them all, but £105 plus shipping just seems a bit mad, really. I think I'm going to go for Fireworks, because that was the first time I saw him live and it made me a lifelong fan -  that and Shenanigan... & possibly WAGH.

holyzombiejesus

Shipping is ten quid for 2nd class postage if you get 3 or 4 . Even if it's sent tracked, it's almost £6 over cost. Will still probably get them all and don't really mind the EXTORTIONATE rates seeing as the money's going to someone who makes me so happy.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 18, 2021, 04:07:34 PM
Shipping is ten quid for 2nd class postage if you get 3 or 4 . Even if it's sent tracked, it's almost £6 over cost. Will still probably get them all and don't really mind the EXTORTIONATE rates seeing as the money's going to someone who makes me so happy.

It's a bit steep, but if he's sending it in a decent record mailer with stiffeners then that can add an extra £1.50ish. And then there's the act of actually packing them and taking them to the Post Office, which you'd be expected to exclude from your P&P prices if you're sending one or two Discogs orders a week - but seeing as he's going to be personally mailing a few hundred of these out then it's fair enough that the cost of his labour is covered.

You could argue that he should be covering that from the profits on the records themselves, but given how much it costs to get small vinyl runs pressed at the moment then he's really not going to be making that much on the sales.

Can't believe I'm such a danfan that I'm defending his postage and packaging prices here. Though if he ends up sending them in those shitty thin cardboard envelope ones then he can go F himself.

Dan, if you're reading, then please put the older shows out on CD and cassette instead of just vinyl please thanks.

buntyman

Yeah vinyl seems like a bit of a silly format for a stand up comedy show, especially at that price for something that isn't of the highest audio quality in the first place. I'm sure they'll look nice as a physical item and a limited pressing that he'll probably not bother doing again is almost enough to tempt me, but I doubt I'd ever listen to them.
I'll probably get the cassette as it seems the most suited format, and meant one of the records as a souvenir.

peanutbutter

Gah, it's the fireworks talking is only on vinyl? There's def something nice about the idea of having to go to a friends to listen to it, but that's a level of hassle I can't see myself dealing with.

holyzombiejesus

I think, judging from what DK's said in the past, that he wants to make his releases 'special' and beautiful, and it's probably perceived as harder to do that with a CD or tape. Not sure I agree (even though I'm thrilled they're coming out as records and will buy all 4) and part of me suspects there's a bit of that fetishisation of vinyl as a format going on. I'm sure they'll all get uploaded to Soulseek pretty quickly.

buntyman

Yeah there's definitely a bit of that. He's played a selection of records in the lead up to most of his recent online shows so he's clearly into that at the moment (as am I, admittedly). Will this be his first physical release of material (not a euphemism) ever?

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 18, 2021, 09:07:24 PM
I'm sure they'll all get uploaded to Soulseek pretty quickly.

Apart from his new one, they're available quite cheaply on his Bandcamp page already so it's definitely a gesture to appeal to the nerdy collectors who probably make up a good proportion of his fanbase.

It from the description of the new one, it sounds like he might be recording a different version for the 3 formats so the true fans will be hoovering up everything!