Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2020

Started by buntyman, March 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notjosh

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on May 14, 2020, 10:35:01 AM

Quote from: sconies on May 14, 2020, 10:32:15 AM
Thank you! I had no idea this was happening. Tickets purchased.
The mailing list email literally went out this morning. So a spookily well-timed request.

Can you make a wish for a video release of 66a Church Road now pls, thx.

Glyn

Quote from: sconies on May 14, 2020, 01:35:28 AM
'It's The Fireworks Talking' (I've got one of that, but it's the version ruined at the end by a heckler).
Was that in Cardiff by any chance ? Was at that show and can remember a horrifically timed heckle during a key dramatic pause. Think he stopped playing the glee club based solely on that incident.

lankyguy95

Yeah he's definitely talking about the Cardiff bootleg. Very uncomfortable to listen to.

holyzombiejesus

Thank you! I had no idea this was happening. Tickets purchased.
Thought they weren't on sale until noon tomorrow?

peanutbutter

Why are there "tickets"? Is audience interaction somehow involved or something?

Quote from: Glyn on May 14, 2020, 11:20:01 AM
Was that in Cardiff by any chance ? Was at that show and can remember a horrifically timed heckle during a key dramatic pause. Think he stopped playing the glee club based solely on that incident.
Yep Cardiff Glee Club

In defense of the bootleg from what I recall it seems like it was literally the last line of the show. Get the impression I knew exactly where it was going and it blowing the end is probably balanced out by getting to hear the most moronic and poorly timed heckle of all time.

lankyguy95

Yeah the guy shouted "GAY!" straight after Kitson talked about loving his parents. I've heard some stupid heckles but that was on a monumental level.

WestHill

Tickets purchased.

I thought they're not on sale until tomorrow?

Pranet

I admit that reading the latest email one thought I had was definitely "just release the fucking thing and stop titting about". Not saying it was a correct thought.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Pranet on May 14, 2020, 04:37:16 PM
I admit that reading the latest email one thought I had was definitely "just release the fucking thing and stop titting about". Not saying it was a correct thought.

Did you yell "GAY" at the screen?

olliebean

Quote from: peanutbutter on May 14, 2020, 02:18:39 PM
Why are there "tickets"? Is audience interaction somehow involved or something?

Because Kitson likes the idea of limiting the number of viewers to the capacities of the venues the show was originally performed in.

Also, I guess, because he doesn't want to devalue it by giving it away for free (although the money is going to charity, not into his pocket).

sconies

Quote from: WestHill on May 14, 2020, 04:28:43 PM
I thought they're not on sale until tomorrow?

Apologies, was meaning to imply that I would definitely be buying tickets, not that I had actually already done so.

Anyway, I have done so now! Website went down which wasn't a surprise.

Schmo Diddley

Kitson announces a show on his email.
Click the link.
Sold out.
Repeat forever. It kind of puts me off bothering looking to be honest.

cakeinmilk

Quote from: Schmo Diddley on May 15, 2020, 07:21:18 AM
Click the link.
Sold out.

Pretty sure all the shows on sale at the moment (Melbourne) still have tickets available. Others (UK/US) aren't on sale yet.

Peru

Is it just me that thinks limiting tickets to the original capacity for a charity gig streamed online is the most ridiculously self-defeating thing ever?

Timothy

Quote from: Schmo Diddley on May 15, 2020, 07:21:18 AM
Click the link.
Sold out.

It's not on sale yet.

Quote- All the money will go to The Angel Comedy Micro Bursary Fund – This is a new initiative being operated by Angel Comedy to support comedians who have lost work during the lockdown and throughout this ongoing, circuit decimating, diary clearing, livelihood buggering mess.*****

- Tickets will go on sale at 12 noon on Friday May 15th. 

buntyman

Website down for everyone, yeah?

mjwilson

Small Man Big Horse

Yep. Kitson's such a dick, this could have raised a fuck load for Angel Comedy but by limiting ticket sales they might still struggle in the future. Plus he made Analog.ue free on the site so there's no need to be so fucking precious.

mjwilson

Oh I got in for a minute but then when I clicked on the calendar it went again.

Crabwalk

Well, this is fun. Can't even get tickets to see a fucking recorded show of his now.

Quisby

I got in eventually, clicked ticket link, got chucked out, got back in, no ticket links, got chucked back out, back in, no ticket link. I assume it's sold out.

Crabwalk

I like the guy very much but this is a bit daft.

mjwilson

Sold out according to a randomer on Twitter.

mjwilson

Although I seemed to get offered a ticket, before "add to cart" gave me an error. Probably time to give up.

AVH

Well if someone who does get a ticket wants to share a copy I'll gladly donate double the amount to the the charity.

Timothy

"Sold out"

Limiting tickets to a digital screening for charity makes no sense whatsoever.

buntyman

I think it might not be sold out yet. i managed to get one in my basket before it crashed again.

Timothy

Yeah site is probably fucked. Wouldnt surprise me if we can get tickets in an hour or so

buntyman

Doesn't bode well for how the actual screening might go. Think I'll go for one of the showings later in the run if i can.

Fishfinger

He enjoys the suffering more than the money.