Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:11:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bands/artists crying out for documentaries.

Started by Icehaven, March 15, 2020, 04:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabian Thomsett

Technique

there is a documentary on him and his dead wife. Boring as fuck though.

Peter Christopherson though - that a better call. director of Jason Donovan and Van Halen videos by day, wrecker of civilisation by night.

PaulTMA

dr_christian_troy

There needs to be a documentary on Ken Nordine.

studpuppet

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on March 16, 2020, 11:55:45 PM
There needs to be a documentary on Ken Nordine.

Think there is one? Remember seeing him interviewed in his studio.

EDIT: no, it was this and my brain parlayed it up into to an hour long doc...

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Neomod on March 16, 2020, 09:47:40 AM
An overview of Sunshine Pop like that Hotel California doc on BBC four would be nice. Watched this one on the Cowsills[nb]The inspiration for the Partridge Family[/nb] (Bubblegum-Psychedelia-Family-Pop) which got very dark indeed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-78c-FCNf0

So much up my street, it pays a building charge. Thank you, Neomod.

Fabian Thomsett

Quote from: Technique on March 16, 2020, 11:47:46 PM
there is a documentary on him and his dead wife. Boring as fuck though.
Quote from: PaulTMA on March 16, 2020, 11:48:04 PM
There is this, but it's awful
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1821635/

I'm aware of that doc but it's basically just Yer Orridge talking to camera. There isn't one that goes into depth about TG, PTV etc with old collaborators and bandmates talking about this stuff.

greenman

Talk Talk/Holis, probably 80 mins of some autumn leaves floating in a pond.

Peru

Suburban Lawns. One album and a series of crazed performances and the singer disappeared forever.

Neomod

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on March 17, 2020, 01:57:59 AM
So much up my street, it pays a building charge. Thank you, Neomod.
Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 16, 2020, 07:29:04 PM
Thanks for the tipoff. Something to watch on this curfew.

No worries. The Playboy appearance is surreal. Check out the IIxII album. It's their Revolver/Rubber Soul.

Quote from: Peru on March 17, 2020, 11:26:24 AM
Suburban Lawns. One album and a series of crazed performances and the singer disappeared forever.

YES!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: icehaven on March 15, 2020, 04:03:06 PM
I've been on a bit of a Netflix music documentary binge lately so I've been thinking of acts that don't have one but should, for me firstly Portishead. Who else?

I've seen interviews with Portishead and they come across as very shy and quite dull.

Dr Syntax Head

An updated Anton Newcombe doc would be great.

greenman

Quote from: Peru on March 17, 2020, 11:26:24 AM

The documentary would probably end up being mostly about the middle aged/class man making it and his search for the singer.

maett

the science eel

Ooh yeah!

Mind, if the full story were to be told there'd be all kinds of libel suits

chveik

studpuppet

One person you could spend a couple of hours on and not get bored is Tony Newley. Mental CV; David Lean's Artful Dodger, Gurney Slade, Number Ones as a singer, Grammys as a songwriter, Goldfinger, Willy Wonka, Feeling Good, Stop The World, Hieronymous Merkin, the Bowie influence, Joan Collins, Eastenders. Got to be able to fill two hours at least without even touching on this:

Or this (whose title listing should be in the album sleeve comedy thread - open in a new window to zoom in):

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

famethrowa

bigfatheart

Couples - I Do Not Envy Them for me, Clive.

DrGreggles

Will the windows continue to mock me, surely?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Swoz_MK on March 16, 2020, 11:44:25 AM
Manowar
it'd be great in theory but they'd never ok anything they realised took even the littlest bit of piss out of them so you'd have to be a VERY dry director who did a subversive masterpiece of a look at these cunts

still like the gods made heavy metal, though

easytarget

Half Man Half Biscuit - would love to hear more from Nigel.

Mogwai - could be nice to hear about some popular post rock

Clutch - I just like Clutch and I imagine the doc would play some of their songs in between interviews with Neil Fallon. Just tape these and don't even edit them. Thank you.

D4 - what even are D4?

Unger

I was going to say Judee Sill but there appears to be one in post production https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4406238/.  There can't be many former prostitutes/heroin addicts/armed robbers who went on to produce two albums of musical genius.

ajsmith2

The Cowsills doc was great btw. Thanks for sharing Neomod.