Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jay Electronica finally releases album

Started by Non Stop Dancer, March 16, 2020, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Stop Dancer

Just wanted to post this in case any of you missed it like I very nearly did. Can't recommend this enough, and is basically a Jay Z album as well if that interests you. Should be something of a vintage year with new Kendrick and RTJ around the corner as well. Get in.

peanutbutter

Fair play to him for putting out a release in a way and at a time that ensured it'd be as ignored as it possibly could. I kinda missed the initial Jay Electronica hype, a couple of great songs but never quite got why he had such wild anticipation, at the time it felt on a par with Azealia Banks, who in retrospect seems like she should have been a significantly more exciting act across the board.

Johnny Textface

He sounds just like Jay-Z doesn't he? Oh it is.

This album is good.

Ja'moke

My hype for Jay Electronica died a long time ago, but this is a very good album, mostly because Jay-Z is all over it and on form.

Non Stop Dancer

The mix and mastering feels very shonky, but I'm undecided on whether it's charming or annoying. More the latter I think.