Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Going outside

Started by holyzombiejesus, March 16, 2020, 11:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Is that going to be banned? How does one get to the shops? If you're only allowed outside to go to the shops, will someone check your route? I live in a semi-rural area and one of the few positives of all this is the thought of being able to cycle up over the moors every day and lose the puppy fat I've accrued since I started drinking 30 years ago. Are 'they' going to stop me?

Also, am I supposed to not let our 3 year old toddler out of the house for 3 months? Don't want to be a selfish cunt about this but I'm going to take him to run about in a field unless there are very serious repercussions.

What about dog walkers? Sports people? Flashers? Roy Keane will be triple fucked.

Icehaven

George Michael returns from the dead to consider rewrite.

Danger Man

There's going to be so much looting and raping in a few weeks time that 'taking the dogs out for a walk' is going to be ignored by the law.

At least in my dreams....

Ferris

It's fine, isn't it? Just nipping out to the shops or whatever?

As long as you aren't sick and you wash your hands when you come home (and you don't spend your entire trip touching everything and sneezing everywhere) it's basically alright.

I took the sprog for a walk to the park and back this evening, no drama.

chveik

it won't be banned. as far as I know, they won't stop you if you're exercising alone and you can have walks with your child. all activities that require gatherings (even of a few persons) will be cancelled/prohibited (unless they are really necessary to people's survival).

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

AFAIK you can go outside and going to the shops/supermarket is okay because you're not around people long enough to be infected (unless some old biddy/horrid child sneezes on you). I feel for people with kids though because you can't take them to the playground, it defeats the purpose of closing the schools.

purlieu

Yeah, even places on full lockdown are allowing things like dog walking. Having a dog and living right on the edge of town is going to help me no end.

Ferris

Quote from: purlieu on March 17, 2020, 12:50:41 AM
Yeah, even places on full lockdown are allowing things like dog walking. Having a dog and living right on the edge of town is going to help me no end.

Yeah that seems fine - it's big gatherings, or people who are knowingly unwell going out that causes (literal) headaches.

Urinal Cake

Dog walkers should be fine. They might close popular off-leash dog parks though.

rjd2

Quote from: purlieu on March 17, 2020, 12:50:41 AM

The Irish Chief Medical officer advised people to take walks the other day, obviously hygiene etc.

Walking is great to reduce stress and well immune system etc.,

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 17, 2020, 01:22:39 AM
Dog walkers should be fine. They might close popular off-leash dog parks though.

Dogs can shit at home like *most* of the rest of us

Urinal Cake

They can even do it without toilet paper.

Inspector Norse

Can you go to the pub if they have a beer garden that you can walk the dog around?