Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donald Trump's response to the "Chinese Virus" [split topic]

Started by Small Potatoes, March 16, 2020, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

It more freakish the way he uses two hands to hold the glass.

chveik

do these guys still believe that their oh so witty put-downs are going to achieve anything?

Buelligan

What will achieve anything?  What do you believe will achieve anything?

chveik

Quote from: Buelligan on April 29, 2020, 07:23:59 PM
What will achieve anything?  What do you believe will achieve anything?

in the context of this thread, liberals mocking Trump everyday hasn't actually damaged his popularity with his base. actually pushing policies that everyone can get behind was the best strategy, but the democrat establishment has fucked Bernie and now the senile rapist they're rooting for is obviously going to lose. making fun of the people in power might well be cathartic but I can't see the political benefits.

Buelligan

That's as may be, but shooting down people because their harmless and cheery acts produce no political benefits, that you can see, is pretty dull sport.

Dewt

If you follow US political discourse then you'd be aware of the theory that weak, symbolic gestures set the bar for resistance to the current Whitehouse calamity very low.

Buelligan

As long as you feel you're doing important work then.

chveik

Quote from: Buelligan on April 29, 2020, 09:11:53 PM
That's as may be, but shooting down people because their harmless and cheery acts produce no political benefits, that you can see, is pretty dull sport.

I hope you're aware that I wasn't talking about the people posting in this thread.

shooting down centrists should be a national sport.

Alberon

Some more gems from the Cunt in Chief.

QuoteThe president suggested that a vaccine may not be needed as part of a recovery from the pandemic. "If you don't have a vaccine, if the virus is gone, you're like where we were before," he said.

But without a vaccine, why does Trump think the pandemic will just go away? He dodged the question.

"It's gonna go, it's gonna leave," Trump said, without explaining his thinking. "It's gonna be eradicated."

Is he being sarcastic again?

Quote"Hopefully in the not too distant future we'll have some massive rallies and people will be sitting next to each other," Trump said. "I can't imagine a rally where you have every fourth seat full, every six seats are empty for everyone you have full. That wouldn't look too good."

That's all that matters, of course. How it looks.

He's gone too long between rallies and he needs another ego boost.

Mister Six

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Mister Six on April 29, 2020, 10:56:58 PM
Jesus Christ, four more years of this cunt.

Trump Campaign Slogan Devisers* consider rewrite.

( * Devisors? Seems like an odd word.)

pcsjwgm

More WMD bullshit, this time to escalate the new Cold War against China:
.@realDonaldTrump says he has seen intelligence that gives him a high degree of confidence that the coronavirus originated from the Wuhan Institute of Virology - though he would not go into detail "I can't say"
https://twitter.com/johnrobertsFox/status/1255972553950220288

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Half Biblical prophecy, half Captain Kirk on the bridge of Starship Enterprise. Probably a bit of Charlton Heston as well.

He could have just asked a minister to find him a relevant Bible quote for the situation. They do it every Sunday for a living. That might be exclusionary towards other faiths but it would still be better than Donald's own 'original content,' which I think we've all had enough of for one lifetime.

mojo filters

Quote from: Default to the negative on May 04, 2020, 08:06:32 AM
He could have just asked a minister to find him a relevant Bible quote for the situation. They do it every Sunday for a living. That might be exclusionary towards other faiths but it would still be better than Donald's own 'original content,' which I think we've all had enough of for one lifetime.

I guess if you are looking for genuinely inspirational content, original quotes would work better.

I doubt that notion is within the narrow scope of Trump's thinking. Despite winning the presidency - relevant is not close to his limited lexicon.

Whatever the endeavour, Trump is a self-entitled day trader with no capacity to think through long term implications. Whether he's failing in business or politics, he just wants to maximise his exposure throughout the next news cycle.

Keen Trumpista, RNC chief Ronna (formerly Romney) McDaniel, has explicitly stated many times that her voters don't look to Trump for moral or spiritual guidance - basically a way of placating the white evangelical right Trump so massively and ironically depends on.

From the perspective of a keen and close observer, watching everything Trump does both instinctively and involuntarily - like how folks rubber neck hideously abhorrent car crash scenes - I much prefer his original content.

It's also been well reported that Trump, in pathetically attempting to pursue his shallow veneer of Christian adherence, tends to veer towards the very worst of white evangelicalism.

Over the advice of (mostly former) mid-level but close WH staffers, he's known to prefer the flashy fuckers who preach self-enriching nonsense such as the prosperity gospel types.

Basically these are exploitative people who own so many private jets, you wonder why karmic justice hasn't claimed their lives yet, in a painful and firey death that would be justly deserved and duly celebrated?

Then you have the uber-cunts who've gained more (though undeserving) widespread credibility amongst the grave-bound God'n'guns constituency of well-qualified mutherfuckers.

Franklin Graham and Jerry Falwell Jr are top of that list of legit assassination targets. Both inherited pseudo-religious orientated money makers from their fuckwitted but exploitative and rich fathers.

Quite often I'm reduced to thinking Americans' get the faith leaders they deserve. It's not just the pseudo-Christian junta - Sheldon Adeleson preys on the vulnerable via his gaming business. He deserves nothing less than being driven back to the sea, along with Trump fan Netanyahu and Zionists in general!

To paraphrase Paul Simon, they say losing support, is like a window in your heart, everybody feels blown apart - everybody feels the wind blow.

Trump's original use of Twitter leaves a litany of twattery, for presidential historians and so forth to study when it comes time to make overarching assessments of his presidency .

It's important to note the times of each Trump tweet.

Those sent during (thankfully short) office hours are always drafted, carefully edited in each iteration by Trump, and then sent by amateur golf caddy turned (ahem) professional political comms operative Dan Scavino, now officially titled Deputy Chief of Staff for Communications.

However the reactionary late night / early morning rage tweets, are pure original Trump content. Trump appears for press pool access in the West Wing, less than any other president in modern history save for the genuine reasons a latter day LBJ had.

The complexity and pseudo-secrecy around preparing his hairdo (like a fucking girl) leaves Trump lots of alone / "executive" time in the residence. What's dispensed to the pool by this month's next gen white trash @PressSec disgrace, is always cascaded as executive time.

What I find especially interesting are his choices when it comes to spelling, grammar and sentence construction. There's literally a whole book to be written by the right person, in respect of analysing those factors alone. Just think how many Lincoln-oriented tracts focus mainly on the Gettysburg Address!

I'm not going to insult anyone's intelligence, by pointing out how tone deaf Trump's recent FNC town hall at the hallowed memorial was. I suggest aiming those critiques directly at @marthamaccallum and post-newsman Shep Smith wannabe @BretBaier!

For the TL;DR crowd - fuck your inability to maintain an attention span. You deserve the news you don't get, and will probably never understand anyways...

Dewt

Quote from: mojo filters on May 06, 2020, 07:02:51 PMYou deserve the news you don't get, and will probably never understand anyways...
Oh boy this wonk is here to tell us all off again

Just admit it, you fucking hate it that we vote. You think we're doing it wrong because some dipshit medical insurance company exec isn't king of the world

chveik

Quote from: mojo filters on May 06, 2020, 07:02:51 PM
For the TL;DR crowd - fuck your inability to maintain an attention span. You deserve the news you don't get, and will probably never understand anyways...

sorry pal but your writing is just woeful and far from being as intelligent as you think it is.

mojo filters

Quote from: Dewt on May 06, 2020, 07:09:06 PM
Oh boy this wonk is here to tell us all off again

Just admit it, you fucking hate it that we vote. You think we're doing it wrong because some dipshit medical insurance company exec isn't king of the world

You vote?

Has there been a tabulation error, or is bitching, whining and whinging part of a curious GOTV-related ultimate failure you use to justify the abject failings of your political aims?

Wake me up when your rhetoric can match your box office returns.

Cardenio I

Quote from: mojo filters
The complexity and pseudo-secrecy around preparing his hairdo (like a fucking girl)

Eh?

Dewt

I actually think mojo should be encouraged to post more, because it's so damned revealing of the contempt the absolute wormbrained Beltway-mindset folks have for everyone else.

BlodwynPig

idunnosomename

why hasnt this fat old cunt caught it and died? some plague

mojo filters

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 06, 2020, 11:53:36 PM
why hasnt this fat old cunt caught it and died? some plague

The WH has apparent unlimited use of Abbott "ID NOW" testing machines. Furthermore both Trump and Pence get tested on near-daily basis.

The WW staff get it every day. They don't like it, but as the political D-team (and assorted equally worthless leftovers) it's a minor sacrifice, vs their future careers.

With a hard WH pass, our temperatures are taken at entry and our nasal passages violated in the most undignified way. Compared to the original test, which had 3 components - including one that felt like it was reaching down your throat right into your lungs - there's nothing to complain about.

The supposedly "deep state" in Trump fantasy land - otherwise known as qualified experts - at CDC, qualify both classic plagues and Covid-19 as zoonotic transfer of disease from animals to humans.

However there's a key distinction between viruses and plagues. "Plague" can be spread by bacteria. It can also potentially be cured by the right antibiotics.

Coronavirus is a virus. Living hosts spread the protein and nucliec acid. Hence community spread is much harder to control.

Whilst the term "plague" is more nebulous, it connotes a direct punishment. If you'll permit me to backtrack on terminology - a plague can simply be a widespread calamity or evil, sent as direct punishment from God.

Covid-19 virus can be much more easily stopped, through avoiding mitigation via community spread. However for folks with co-morbidity factors, it has a rampant kill rate.

At the end of the day, parsing such language does little good for the patient who needs to be intubated. Reopening the country / economy sounds good, but fails to address the key issue of killing people in the process!

The real under-reported story is how many questions field medics have raised about Abbott and other rushed testing protocols validated by CDC.

I recently reported on an ER admissions chief Dr who had an impressively comprehensive testing facility available, whilst not currently suffering the worst, should admissions come in as per NY, NJ, CT etc.

They did some experiments during down time, specifically on the Abbott ID NOW 5-15min machine. Using obvious Covid-19 sufferers, he found several occasions where over the course of around 10 supposedly indulgent tests - around half came back both negative and positive.

I was assured that their state labs had sufficient capacity to perform the more established and reliable tests. Nevertheless this exposes a potential flaw in the Abbott product rushed to market, much trumpeted by Trump. 

Would you want to put your life in the hands of a Trump-esque character, prepared to sacrifice science in pursuit of immediate political economic aims?

Right now the smart folks are listening to the highly esteemed NIH infectious disease expert Dr Tony Fauci, tuning out the disgraceful, ingratiating and Trump-satiating political spin of Amb / Dr Birx (who lives in a 3-4 generational brownstone with her parents, husband, kids + grandchildren, who've conveniently avoided any infection) and ignoring the blather from Trump, Pence etc.

chveik

for fucks sake we don't need you to tell us what covid is

kngen

Quote from: mojo filters on May 06, 2020, 07:02:51 PM

1. You're not the news.

2. If you're really trying to blow our minds with these warmed-through MSNBC talking points masquerading as truthbombs, please try to use a different narrative dynamic than 'rambling pub arsehole'.

3. Why is it always the worst writers who believe they're above being edited, particularly for clarity and conciseness? Take, by contrast, Clive James. Never stinted in his praise of the work I or others did on his copy, even if I had to hack a few hundred words out (which was no easy feat). But for every one of him, there are a million Z-grade journeyman hacks who think they spin pure gold every time they lean on a keyboard, and will inevitably act like you've murdered their first-born when you raise the somewhat pertinent fact that there doesn't really seem to be any point to nine-tenths of what they've written. 'You probably don't understand it anyway' is exactly the sort of petulant shite they spout once out of earshot of the back bench. Pricks.

Dex Sawash

Dewt

I said he was because I knew somebody would believe it and it seemed like a nice way of damning him