Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donald Trump's response to the "Chinese Virus" [split topic]

Started by Small Potatoes, March 16, 2020, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 16, 2020, 01:11:22 AM
He doesn't have the power to suspend congress, any more than congress has the power to suspend the judiciary. They are all coequal branches of government.

I understand we are in mad times, but surely there are some limits.

I know he technically can't, but what if Republican Congressmen go along with him, because party loyalty is seemingly more important to them than anything else, and to a man don't attend Congress or in some way attempt to shut down Congress from its own procedures?

That's not a rhetorical question, btw. I genuinely wonder what would happen.

Jasha

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on April 15, 2020, 10:52:57 PM
Well, this fucker's gone completely nuts.

Won't matter though, he'll probably still win the next election.

Elections postponed till the Ch-eye-na flu over and done with, some time around his 120th birthday

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 15, 2020, 06:12:22 PM
that's fine

that's fine

nobody do trade with america anymore

oh what will we lose out on? fucking Coke?

fuck them

they wanted that

they voted for that

fuck them all

Most of them didn't vote him for him though, Clinton got 3 million more votes. We, meanwhile, voted in favour of Boris by 3 million votes more than Corbyn, with a fifth of their population. They deserve him even less than we deserve our shit show.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Jasha on April 16, 2020, 11:53:36 AM
Elections postponed till the Ch-eye-na flu over and done with, some time around his 120th birthday
I think it's been said that if there's no election by the time his term runs out, regardless of reasons, he doesn't get to keep being El Prez.

EOLAN

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 16, 2020, 12:17:22 PM
Most of them didn't vote him for him though, Clinton got 3 million more votes. We, meanwhile, voted in favour of Boris by 3 million votes more than Corbyn, with a fifth of their population. They deserve him even less than we deserve our shit show.

Although a higher % of the voters voted for Trump than the Conservative and Unionist Party. Not really trying to make a definitive statements. Just trying to prove anything with stats.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: EOLAN on April 17, 2020, 02:52:34 PM
Although a higher % of the voters voted for Trump than the Conservative and Unionist Party. Not really trying to make a definitive statements. Just trying to prove anything with stats.

Good point actually, I hadn't thought about it as a percentage of votes, and the fact that nearly 4 million voted Liberal Democrats. The votes for anyone aside from Trump and Clinton were practically non-existent.

Thomas

Good of him to encourage these anti-distancing protests, isn't it? (Except in states with a Republican governor).

Pink Gregory

God, so many Americans are going to die.  And they'll still vote him back in.  Fucking hell. 

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 18, 2020, 10:39:28 AM
God, so many Americans are going to die.

A large proportion of them poor black and hispanic people, according to the stats. Can't help thinking some of the Trump voter base will be not sad about that.

Urinal Cake

Looks like this is going to be the start of the next Cold War.

Fambo Number Mive

Georgia allowing "business like gyms, barbers and hair stylists" to open this Friday and theatres and restaurants to open next Monday.

Tennessee stay at open order not to be extended past April 30th

Just terrible ideas.

Georgia has at least 19,399 cases and 775 deaths. Tennessee has at leas 6,762 cases and 14 deaths, and does seem to be doing a lot better than Georgia, but it's still too early to reopen.

Fambo Number Mive

Wonderful Butternut

I'm staggered it took him this long to think of that one.

And the replies too. That country is fucked.

Ferris

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 21, 2020, 01:26:37 PM
Georgia allowing "business like gyms, barbers and hair stylists" to open this Friday and theatres and restaurants to open next Monday.

Tennessee stay at open order not to be extended past April 30th

Just terrible ideas.

Georgia has at least 19,399 cases and 775 deaths. Tennessee has at leas 6,762 cases and 14 deaths, and does seem to be doing a lot better than Georgia, but it's still too early to reopen.

"I don't need this umbrella anymore because look how dry I have remained despite the downpour I am standing in"

Hey, maybe it'll be fine and the chumps in these states will have been useful guinea pigs for the rest of us. Not sure how I'd feel about that if I lived there though.

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on April 21, 2020, 01:58:25 PM

Lying on your deathbed, your only thoughts through your death rattle are how badly you've triggered AOC.

jobotic

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on April 21, 2020, 01:58:25 PM

Chicago1Ray seems like a clever chap

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: jobotic on April 21, 2020, 09:27:21 PM

QuoteOur Ancestors came here legally
Adopted our Culture
Respected our Country's Traditions

Who does he think was in America before it was colonised by Europeans? Other white people? I can't... I don't even...

If I was being generous, I'd allow him that by "our Ancestors" he means a specific immigrant group who arrived after The American War of Independence that he's descended from, so it might actually make sense for him.

But I'm not being generous, and even if I was the sweeping, non-specific nature of the statement makes it look like he thinks the Roanoke colonists, the Jamestown colonists, the Mayflower, or whomever among the early European land thieves settlers arrived to find the United States already established and neatly populated by WASPs. That's before we get into things like what impact each major immigrant group had on the US and it's culture, how long immigrant groups remained culturally distinct from the US as it was when they arrived (and in some cases still do) or the fact that immigration 100s of years ago is not really the same as today and the comparison is stupid and irrelevant to anyone with higher reasoning skills greater than that of an 8 year old. Pretty sure none of the Irish escaping The Famine applied for a Green Card in advance.

ollyboro

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 18, 2020, 10:39:28 AM
God, so many Americans are going to die.  And they'll still vote him back in.  Fucking hell.

The dead can't vote, mate.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on April 21, 2020, 10:12:51 PM
Who does he think was in America before it was colonised by Europeans? Other white people? I can't... I don't even...

If I was being generous, I'd allow him that by "our Ancestors" he means a specific immigrant group who arrived after The American War of Independence that he's descended from, so it might actually make sense for him.
The people you're railing against, I would guess, believe firmly in manifest destiny: that white America rules America because god decreed it so.

idunnosomename

that joey saladino guy who replies to everyone of trump's tweets with a plug for his podcast is the saddest shill ever. and all i can find out about him is that he dressed up as a nazi and pissed into his own mouth on camera (not at the same time)

jobotic

https://twitter.com/Vrukas/status/1252489120183541760

Look she's illustrated her point with a photo of one those citizens that the POTUS takes such care of.

momatt

Quote from: jobotic on April 21, 2020, 09:27:21 PM

Why are these thick twats so fucking angry all the time?  Utterly mental and paranoid.

Is there any reason that someone would think Trump is good, other than them being utterly thick and insane (or selfishly loves the tax breaks)?

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: ollyboro on April 21, 2020, 10:16:53 PM
The dead can't vote, mate.
The dead will mainly be poorer inner city people, population density doesn't help, and none of them are Trump voters and end up mostly bein African American or migrant workers, yay

Rainbow Moses

Quote from: momatt on April 22, 2020, 10:57:28 AM
Why are these thick twats so fucking angry all the time?  Utterly mental and paranoid.

Is there any reason that someone would think Trump is good, other than them being utterly thick and insane (or selfishly loves the tax breaks)?

There was one member on here who welcomed Trump because it meant there was FINALLY A REAL MAN WHO SHAGS WOMEN in the Oval Office again and not Barack "throws like a girl" Obama, so I wonder if this brand of idiocy is felt on a wider scale.