Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donald Trump's response to the "Chinese Virus" [split topic]

Started by Small Potatoes, March 16, 2020, 11:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo filters

Today's coronavirus briefing / Trump daily grievance fest was particularly hilarious, when Amb / Dr Deborah Birx diplomatically attempted to suggest that GA Governor Brian Kemp's policy of allowing tattoo parlours to reopen, could accommodate presidential "social distancing" requirements via some kind of clever innovations.

A rather imperfect attempt at diplomacy, with Trump looming over her while she took questions in the James Brady press room. Nevertheless it conjured up a few funny, Python-esque images!

momatt

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on April 22, 2020, 03:33:09 PM
There was one member on here who welcomed Trump because it meant there was FINALLY A REAL MAN WHO SHAGS WOMEN in the Oval Office again and not Barack "throws like a girl" Obama, so I wonder if this brand of idiocy is felt on a wider scale.

Fucking hell, that's not even accurate.  Trump has to pay women to come near him.  I reckon Obama could pull any woman he wants as he's pretty cool and suave.
Obama is decent at basketball isn't he?  Trump would have an heart attack picking the fucking thing up.

I really hope that this virus speeds up evolution a bit.  Wipe out all the thick cunts who deserve it and hate science and then the best people have loads of babies and then the world will be a little bit better.
I love natural selection.

Urinal Cake

Trump suggests using light, heat and disinfectant on and in the human body might be used to treat the virus. Why didn't the Chinese do it first and stop all this?

Ferris

I've been a mug not to use light on the outside of my body. Curse you, eternal darkness.

bgmnts

Quote from: Urinal Cake on April 24, 2020, 01:39:15 AM
Trump suggests using light, heat and disinfectant on and in the human body might be used to treat the virus. Why didn't the Chinese do it first and stop all this?

Chinese skin is allergic to heat idiot.

Cold Meat Platter

Dewt

You fucking wet liberals have finally been shown as the idiots you are now that Trump has solved this crisis by coming up with--all by himself--the solution of simply drinking bleach to cure yourself of the virus from within. Explain how that won't work, I dare you.

Alberon

From the BBC.

QuotePointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."

Gobsmacking. Even for Trump.

pigamus

I've just read a transcript of all that - sweet holy Mary mother of Christ.

Injecting disinfectant for fuck's sake. How much longer can they let this go on for?

Buelligan

Quote from: Alberon on April 24, 2020, 06:35:27 AM
From the BBC.
QuotePointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."
Gobsmacking. Even for Trump.

I just saw it.  Dear god. Cura te ipsum, as they say.

Dewt

Quote from: hamfist on April 24, 2020, 06:50:02 AM
https://twitter.com/MaplesonF/status/1253557654401609728?s=20 - a lovely re-enactment of the speech.
I'm not sure if she ripped it off from a lesser-known TikTok-er as I've seen somebody else with the same shtick in the past (I hate this world) but she is very good at it. "In some other way" was really funny.

Abnormal Palm

At least the disinfectant would actually work if you accept death as a side-effect. The real thrill for me was the concept of introducing light - possibly intravenously - to sort out this whole mess out. And remarkably, they're prepared to nod along that yes they will be testing for that. Let them eat urinal cake.

NoSleep

Just how difficult would it be to shrink a submarine with floodlight attachments down to a size that it could be injected into an infected patient? Let's talk to James Cameron.

sirhenry

Bizarrely there is a recent development in fighting cancer that consists of a molecule that binds to cancer cells which breaks apart under bright light, taking the cancer cells with it. It was originally developed as a dye to mark the cells but they found that it only worked in total darkness, so explored why...

For blindingly obvious reasons they can only use it against skin, throat and some arse cancers. According to Kevin, my pet oncologist, you'd need something like an aircraft landing light in the lungs to illuminate all the crinkly bits enough.

So how long before someone claims that this is how Jesus cured people - after all he is always shown with light emanating all over the place?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I notice the BBC article on this features a tweet from a Doctor which literally starts 'FFS'

Hand Solo

Flash. Aahaaaargh!
Inject every one of us.

Dispatch bleach product 'Ajax' to bring back his body.

Buelligan

The really appalling thing is that there are people who trust this arsehole.  Who believe the abject crap that pours from his fatuous mouth.  People, some of whom, can't afford healthcare. 

What would you do if you couldn't go to the doctor or hospital and your President told you, you might be able to cure yourself by cleaning your lungs with cheap and available household bleach? 

Why are they allowing this moronic arsehole to continue pontificating like this?

Dewt

Quote from: Buelligan on April 24, 2020, 08:30:30 AM
Why are they allowing this moronic arsehole to continue pontificating like this?
Because it works well for anybody who is powerful enough to stop it.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Hand Solo on April 24, 2020, 08:23:30 AM
Flash. Aahaaaargh!
Inject every one of us.

Dispatch bleach product 'Ajax' to bring back his body.
My first big laugh in a few days. Thanks.

Buelligan

And that thing when he was hyping hydroxychloroquine.  They stopped tests of it because the tests showed there were more fatalities in patients on the drug than for those not taking it.  And yet.  And yet, apparently, Americans are still trying to buy the fucking thing.  Someone is going to use bleach aren't they.  Absolutely horrific

I didn't think I could loathe him more, turns out, I was wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/22/trump-hydroxychloroquine-study-coronavirus
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-hydroxychloroquine-shortages-black-market-coronavirus/index.html

BlodwynPig

Quote from: momatt on April 23, 2020, 10:19:13 AM
Fucking hell, that's not even accurate.  Trump has to pay women to come near him.  I reckon Obama could pull any woman he wants as he's pretty cool and suave.
Obama is decent at basketball isn't he?  Trump would have an heart attack picking the fucking thing up.

I really hope that this virus speeds up evolution a bit.  Wipe out all the thick cunts who deserve it and hate science and then the best people have loads of babies and then the world will be a little bit better.
I love natural selection.

Rather saccharine and idiotic post. Those killed by the virus will be from all sectors of society, but mostly poorer communities. Nothing to do with suaveness or perceived intelligence.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Buelligan on April 24, 2020, 08:30:30 AM
Because now they can spin this as "doctors won't even investigate drinking bleach" and "UV light kills the virus, how dare the Governor try to make us stay inside", ramp up the "re-open the country" crowd and the conspiracy nutters. Either states go back to normal too early and plenty of poor people die, or there's enough unrest that people vote him back into office because he wanted to get everyone back to work.

lipsink

Guarantee you the next move will be to deny that he said that and that its the evil media that's twisting it. And on and on we go.

Butchers Blind

I understand Dettol will soon be releasing Cherry, Banana and Chocolate flavours of their disinfectant.

momatt

Quote from: pigamus on April 24, 2020, 06:43:34 AM
I've just read a transcript of all that - sweet holy Mary mother of Christ.

Injecting disinfectant for fuck's sake. How much longer can they let this go on for?
I hope Trump injects some bleach on live TV and lots of people copy him.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 24, 2020, 08:52:55 AM
Rather saccharine and idiotic post. Those killed by the virus will be from all sectors of society, but mostly poorer communities. Nothing to do with suaveness or perceived intelligence.
If it was only stupid Trump supporters who got ill it'd be great.  The world would truly be a better place.
But I know it's not that simple unfortunately.

Suaveness has been directly linked to immunity though.  Anyone who disagrees is a liar and a communist.

Abnormal Palm

Apologies for the reddit post, let me know if it doesn't work but there's no embedding on here:

https://v.redd.it/048ery4q0ou41

This is Dr. Deborah Birx, Coronavirus Response Coordinator for the White House, listening to Trump's announcement.

This is from the subreddit r/WatchPeopleDieInside

Dewt

Has anybody posted Dr. Birx's reaction to Trump's announcement yet