Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good news thread

Started by Danger Man, March 16, 2020, 11:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

I'm pretty sure the painting is one of his own.  He's been a keen painter for a long time and he's got a nice little sideline in mech:

https://shop.tonybennett.com/

He's no fool. 

buzby

Quote from: buttgammon on March 29, 2020, 12:56:48 PM
I assumed it was one of those boxes that has about five teabags which retails for about £20 in airport branches of WH Smith.
I believe it to be an Ahmad Tea 'Duet' Classic Earl Grey/English Breakfast 20-bag pack:

£3.99 to you, guv.

idunnosomename

"robbo is chode king" love it

idunnosomename

also the daily mail did claim to unmask helch but it may be bollocks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7402711/Graffiti-artist-whos-upset-Queen-daubing-60ft-HELCH-tag-near-Windsor-Castle.html

he did upset the queen though, so theres that

gib

Quote from: thenoise on March 30, 2020, 08:32:20 AMWhat a lot of kitchen snobs, it's nicer than any kitchen I've ever had.

yup

Pingers

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 28, 2020, 12:31:13 PM

tl;dr - 6 Music have dropped Liz Kershaw's show Good news and filled the gap by extending Huey Morgan Good news and Giles Peterson's Bad news shows.

I've just had my calculator out and can confirm this is quite good news.

Pingers

Brighthouse gone bust. Although presumably the directors can walk away from that debt, consequence-free, without being told that if they couldn't afford to pay it back they should never have taken it out in the first place, unlike their customers.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pingers on March 30, 2020, 02:43:34 PM
I've just had my calculator out and can confirm this is quite good news.

Peterson's great you onion.

Danger Man

The Daily Mail seems to be turning on the Government. Not really 'good news' but fun to watch.

Buelligan

Quote from: thenoise on March 30, 2020, 08:32:20 AM
What a lot of kitchen snobs, it's nicer than any kitchen I've ever had.

Beauty has nothing to do with money.  It has something to do with an innate sense of aesthetics.  Taste, if you like.

QDRPHNC

I like how Barron has toy limos to play with there. Probably Donald wouldn't let him play with "ordinary" cars.

Captain Crunch

If anyone can have their kitchen any way they like it's Tony Bennett.  Yellow is a very divisive wall colour too, people either love it or hate it. 

Buelligan

Of course he can have it how he likes it.  How he likes it is shit.

Pingers

Quote from: Danger Man on April 01, 2020, 03:19:15 PM
The Daily Mail seems to be turning on the Government. Not really 'good news' but fun to watch.

I feel it is negligent of the Telegraph not to be giving a daily update on how many of their readers have died.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Buelligan on April 01, 2020, 03:43:20 PM
Beauty has nothing to do with money.  It has something to do with an innate sense of aesthetics.  Taste, if you like.

the lion is nice though i have to admit

Dex Sawash

Head Gardener

Bleeding Kansas

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 01, 2020, 05:54:15 PM
the lion is nice though i have to admit

Not when you know that it's actually a household staff member inside a lion suit.

idunnosomename

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 01, 2020, 04:54:44 PM
I like how Barron has toy limos to play with there. Probably Donald wouldn't let him play with "ordinary" cars.
i love the richie rich cartoon absurdity there. surely carrying the logic through, he needs another child to move them about for him as a chauffeur?> who yes, is probably currently inside the lion

ollyboro

Heartwarming stuff from Timpsons. All their staff off with full pay, which appears to be a continuation of how they treat their staff all the time. Free use of company holiday homes, birthdays off, use of limousines on your wedding day, 10% of staff recruited are ex-offenders......why can't all companies be like this? Okay, giving a convicted burglar your house key to cut might seem odd, but fuck it, I won't be using B&Q's cutting machine again.

Quote from: ollyboro on April 04, 2020, 08:26:32 PM
Heartwarming stuff from Timpsons. All their staff off with full pay, which appears to be a continuation of how they treat their staff all the time. Free use of company holiday homes, birthdays off, use of limousines on your wedding day, 10% of staff recruited are ex-offenders......why can't all companies be like this?

Didn't work out too good for G.W. Zoo.

Cold Meat Platter

Bleeding Kansas

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 06, 2020, 08:38:33 PM
Fuckwitted sectarian bullshit called off in N.I.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52184743

Are they still going to walk the length of the parade in thier gardens?

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 06, 2020, 08:38:33 PM
Fuckwitted sectarian bullshit called off in N.I.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-52184743

I was hoping they'd do it an all give each other COVID and then die, personally.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Boris Johnson is in intensive care - 80% drop-out rate from there with COVID patients.

Head Gardener

bgmnts

No deaths* in China for first time apparently.

Will probably wind down here in a week or two then?

*covid obv