Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:42:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good news thread

Started by Danger Man, March 16, 2020, 11:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Tony Bennett is having another nice dinner, he always cheers me up: 

Nowhere Man

I dipped my heart in chicken orzo,
low in a sauce, it called to me

Fambo Number Mive

Australia is prepared to tackle the coronavirus rather than use it as an excuse to reward the rich:

QuoteThe Australian government has vowed to slash taxes and increase spending to shore up the country's coronavirus-ravaged economy, in a move that would see the deficit swell to a record level.

Australian Treasurer Josh Frydenberg announced a package of measures to help reduce unemployment and stimulate the economy in his budget on Tuesday.

Those measures included A$17.8bn (£9.8bn; $12.6bn) in personal tax cuts and A$5.2bn in employment programmes.

This spending is forecast to increase Australia's deficit to a record A$213 billion, or 11% of gross domestic product (GDP), this financial year.

The deficit is the difference between government spending and revenue over the course of a financial year.

"This is a heavy burden, but a necessary one to responsibly deal with the greatest challenge of our time," said Mr Frydenberg.