Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good news thread

Started by Danger Man, March 16, 2020, 11:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danger Man

Twonty Gostelow

Good news for the insomniacs who live on the upper floors around Temple Bar in Dublin (and similar).
Looking at the webcam https://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar, practically deserted late tonight when it would usually still be busy and noisy into the early hours.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Buelligan on March 18, 2020, 10:44:54 AM
I'd bet my last bullet that I know more about nature, hunting and wildlife than most people.

You will be aware that isn't a counter argument, it's a lame appeal to authority which neither qualifies as a full stop to the discussion or grapples with what you had been disagreeing with.

With such a command of the brief you will know unnecessary hunting/cruel toying of prey animals occurs outside of human activity, so counter to your assertion that the hills and valleys will be at peace and harmony as a consequence of human hunting being outlawed, there will still be millions of animals today being chased, arbitrarily tortured and mutilated quite aside of being victims of pure carnivorous hunger. Why would someone so apparently accomplished in this field claim otherwise?

You could have saved yourself time acknowledging this and allowed matters to move on, but for some reason (at a guess, stubbornness) decided dig this hole.

Fry

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fry on March 19, 2020, 07:16:29 AM
Counterpoint:
Https://giphy.com/gifs/mostexpensivest-cat-viceland-most-expensivest-3kIGl0TW9VfsG89ym7

Seem pretty friendly to me mate.

Dog from waist down being used as ragdoll by a steroid rage Eurasian lynx.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

It's shutting down
It's shutting down
It's shutting
Quote from: Head Gardener on March 18, 2020, 03:03:52 PM
Vegas shutting down

Buelligan

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 19, 2020, 06:45:36 AM
You will be aware that isn't a counter argument, it's a lame appeal to authority which neither qualifies as a full stop to the discussion or grapples with what you had been disagreeing with.

With such a command of the brief you will know unnecessary hunting/cruel toying of prey animals occurs outside of human activity, so counter to your assertion that the hills and valleys will be at peace and harmony as a consequence of human hunting being outlawed, there will still be millions of animals today being chased, arbitrarily tortured and mutilated quite aside of being victims of pure carnivorous hunger. Why would someone so apparently accomplished in this field claim otherwise?

You could have saved yourself time acknowledging this and allowed matters to move on, but for some reason (at a guess, stubbornness) decided dig this hole.

What the fuck is wrong with you?  Do you get some sort of sadistic pleasure being such an ugly cunt, trying to spread the misery inside of you into other minds?

I say I know more about wildlife and hunting, nature, than most people because it's true.  What it's saying to you is there's no need to wax lyrical on the realities of life for wild animals to me, especially in this thread - I know the realities.  No need to waste your time infecting this thread, a good news thread, and people's thoughts, people who come here to read about "good news", with your perverse verbal masturbation.

Dr Trouser

I've been involved with this the past 4 days

https://www.ft.com/content/785fd17c-6952-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6

From a catapult perspective.

With a slightly loose approach to ip infringement it's looking very positive

purlieu

WHS_Carpet, a Twitter account set up to take the piss out of the shit state of Smiths (and other high street retailers), has temporarily changed their output to highlight and celebrate various positive things people - particularly shops - are doing to help out others in the situation. Highlights include a gin distillery who have stopped making gin to focus on hand sanitiser, gifts to NHS workers, and a restaurant owner who's cancelled his life insurance and is considering moving back in with his mother so he can decrease his personal outgoings in order to keep paying his staff.
Worth a look https://twitter.com/whs_carpet

bgmnts

You can't really call it torture when the animal lacks the capacity to torture, it runs on pure instinct. It's not like humans where we hunt out of choice.

It doesn't seem comparable to me. And I imagine even animals surplus killing is a lot more sustainable and 'quieter' than the shit we do in our millions. I assume thats what Buelligan was alluding to.

Fry

A big fat old woman comes to pond near my house to feed the swans. She brings a little pull out chair and sits there with a big bag of feed. She's named them but I don't think she knows which has each name, I certainly can't tell them apart and there are about 40 there. Last week she was feeding the swans and one of them was getting a bit greedy, so she started yelling at it "PIPPIN, NO! NO PIPPIN STOP. NO BAD BOY PIPPIN NO!" and like, smacking it on the beak to make it go away. Seemed like she was making Pippin quite uncomfortable. I felt quite bad for him. Anyway a couple of days ago I walked by the pond and there was a swan completely merked to pieces, just guts strewn all over the place. Blood everywhere. It was horrific. A fox had got to it and had a whale of a time Mary-Jane Kellying it. That swan could've been Pippin. Makes you think.

jobotic

So is this news from China good news?

Makes me panic that we're not doing fuckdown.

jake thunder

What's the plan for the billionaires after they emerge from their bunkers having done fuck all to help?

Buelligan

Pingers

The isopropyl alcohol I bought a while ago to clean my budbomb is now like gold dust.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Buelligan on March 19, 2020, 02:42:04 PM
We make billionaide?

I laughed a lot, am boycotting guffaw thread though.

gib

There's 97.5% chance that Pippin will survive to live a long and happy life, and go on to break many arms.

purlieu

TK Maxx in Kettering have donated their entire food stock to a local food bank. Which means the while middle classes are squabbling over tins of beans in Waitrose, the poorest people in Kettering will be at home feasting on Panettone.

idunnosomename

Quote from: purlieu on March 20, 2020, 12:41:15 PM
TK Maxx in Kettering have donated their entire food stock to a local food bank. Which means the while middle classes are squabbling over tins of beans in Waitrose, the poorest people in Kettering will be at home feasting on Panettone.
you made the exact same joke i was hoping to add on your post, which says a lot about TK Maxx's food. also weird pastas i would never ever ever ever buy

in fact, i suspect they just wanted rid of it

Pingers

Cerys

Hand Solo

Incest and pet beastiality will become normalised, outside of Norfolk Wales yourarbititraryplaceofreference.

Bently Sheds

My mum's care home is in lockdown and apparently they've been inundated with free stuff. Morrisons sent in bouquets for Mother's Day (and again today for a flower arranging session), a few days ago the local kebab shop delivered 12 inch pizzas for staff and residents & today Costa sent them tons of milk, sarnies, biscuits and chocolate bars.

I know they are just dumping stock they don't need during lockdown, but it's heartening to know that these companies are thinking of the old folk and aren't just lobbing it in a skip.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Pingers on March 20, 2020, 09:07:30 PM
Surely the headline should say "gimmer of hope"

'Virus confined only to trans and their lobby'

Glinner of hope

Hand Solo

idunnosomename

sadly glinner will not catch the coronavirus because he only leaves his house twice a year to gurn at Women's Place meetings

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...BBC News has suspended plans to cut 450 jobs as it faces the demands of covering the coronavirus pandemic.

The job losses were announced in January and were part of a plan to complete a £80m savings target by 2022.

Outlets due to be hit include BBC Two's Newsnight, BBC Radio 5 Live and the World Service's World Update programme.

Director general Tony Hall gave staff the news on Wednesday, a week after the broadcaster delayed the end of the free TV licence scheme for all over-75s...

Not sure how long the job cuts are suspended for, but good news for the 450 people who will have jobs for a bit longer.

idunnosomename

six months extra on MOT! get in.