Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good news thread

Started by Danger Man, March 16, 2020, 11:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

Offies to stand by a nation in crisis.  We salute you.

Sebastian Cobb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/6music-coronavirus

tl;dr - 6 Music have dropped Liz Kershaw's show and filled the gap by extending Huey Morgan and Giles Peterson's shows.

shiftwork2

Almost worth a pandemic tbh.

idunnosomename

Petrols nearly down to a £1 again because no one can drive anywhere

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 28, 2020, 01:18:04 PM
Petrols nearly down to a £1 again because no one can drive anywhere

Get the wheely bin filled!

idunnosomename

At this time of crisis i feel extra safe with a garage full of petrol in paint buckets

Buelligan

Or glass bottles.  Be prepared for anything!

massive bereavement

The second coming of Jesus Christ our lord and saviour. Never been a better time has there? Next Thursday I reckon.

JamesTC

Quote from: massive bereavement on March 28, 2020, 04:17:46 PM
The second coming of Jesus Christ our lord and saviour. Never been a better time has there? Next Thursday I reckon.

Uber Eats has agreed to deliver the fish and bread.

The crucifixion will have to take place behind closed doors this time but it will be televised on Sky Sports 3.

Captain Crunch

Tony Bennett's Facebook updates now that he's just hanging round the house:

Sebastian Cobb

I removed all the cardboard from my spare room, packed the wardrobe properly and shoved the bed up against the wall so I now have a study for me to work in, like I should've done when I moved in 2 years ago.

I appear to have lost a gamecube and my n64 controllers though.

beanheadmcginty

Blimey. I didn't realise Tony Bennett was still alive. He looks substantially different in that photo. Like he's channelling Brucie to prolong his life.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 25, 2020, 03:50:52 PM
Offies to stand by a nation in crisis.  We salute you.

My local one Beer Ritz (geddit) is fucking shut. Wankers for not risking their lives to flog ales to alkies.

thenoise

Is that Big Ben thing a novelty milk jug?  or a tourist themed biscuit packet?  Confusing picture.

More kitchen judgement: copper things on the wall are acceptable, so long as you actually use them.  What is that metal drum on the floor though?  A bin??

Artwork done by a family member (probably) - nice.  And the phone - I remember them graaaandaaad.  Who remembers phones with twizzly cords?  They were fun to play with while you listened to boring relatives weren't they?  And buttons?  Who remembers dialling numbers using our fingers?

Probably shouldn't pile books on top of a pizza oven (if that's what that is).  Hope you remove them while it is in use.

Popcorn looks nice.  And the yellow walls look cheerful.  overall, 8/10 nice effort.

idunnosomename

BIG BEN IS THE BELL CALL IT THE ELIZABETH TOWER LIKE IT IS THE LAW TO OR FUCK OFF BACK HOME

seepage

Quote from: thenoise on March 29, 2020, 10:54:05 AM
Artwork done by a family member (probably) - nice. 

shit - just looked again - first I thought it was a map of Asia

buttgammon

Is that Big Ben thing a novelty milk jug?  or a tourist themed biscuit packet?  Confusing picture.

More kitchen judgement: copper things on the wall are acceptable, so long as you actually use them.  What is that metal drum on the floor though?  A bin??

Artwork done by a family member (probably) - nice.  And the phone - I remember them graaaandaaad.  Who remembers phones with twizzly cords?  They were fun to play with while you listened to boring relatives weren't they?  And buttons?  Who remembers dialling numbers using our fingers?

Probably shouldn't pile books on top of a pizza oven (if that's what that is).  Hope you remove them while it is in use.

Popcorn looks nice.  And the yellow walls look cheerful.  overall, 8/10 nice effort.

I assumed it was one of those boxes that has about five teabags which retails for about £20 in airport branches of WH Smith.

Buelligan

I think the whole thing's unspeakably horrendous if we're doing aesthetics here.  From the crockery, floor tiles and tablecloth, I'd say it's in the South of France or maybe Spain or he spends a lot of time there.  The copper things are vile, as is the paint, furniture and everything else.  My eyes are wounded.

Thomas

Whenever anybody posts a photo from their house, I scan the background for dildos. Not seen one yet but you never know.

imitationleather

Uncle Leo is looking well.

Endicott

It's not on the floor it's on the bottom shelf of that trolly table thing. I reckon it's a large cooking pot.

Artwork done by a family member (probably) - nice. 

Family member my arse, that is straight out of Athena.

Bleeding Kansas

Quote from: Thomas on March 29, 2020, 01:52:05 PM
Whenever anybody posts a photo from their house, I scan the background for dildos. Not seen one yet but you never know.

So many cupboards and cylinders for them to be hidden in though.

We really need technology to advance to a point where we can find the unknown dildos. 

Pay the self employed in August instead, we need this now.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 28, 2020, 09:32:20 PM
I appear to have lost a gamecube and my n64 controllers though.

Ha my brothers back at home for a bit and I've had quite a few messages the last week asking where the hell the gamecube and n64 stuff is. Fucked if i know , I'm in Dublin, though I'll dead jealous when he does find it.

As for good news BBC 2 are going to be showing a classic comedy every afternoon from Monday the 6th (school for scoundrels) the rest of that week it's a bunch of ealing comedies so anyone who enjoys them and hasn't seen them in HD now's your chance

Sebastian Cobb

I've got a (softmodded) wii so the gamecube loss isn't major, still annoying though.

The N64 one is even more annoying. I only own that because a housemate owned one already with knackered controllers and I spotted an N64 with mint controllers in the BHF shop for £7.

thenoise

Quote from: Endicott on March 29, 2020, 02:05:07 PM
It's not on the floor it's on the bottom shelf of that trolly table thing. I reckon it's a large cooking pot.

Family member my arse, that is straight out of Athena.

If you're suggesting he paid money for it, that's a bit disappointing - it really wasn't worth it.  But it's a reasonable effort for an amateur (esp <16 or >75).  He only has a little novelty tea caddy as he usually drinks coffee, as you can see from the machine.

What a lot of kitchen snobs, it's nicer than any kitchen I've ever had.

Pseudopath

Somebody has finally painted over HELCH's desecration of the classic GIVE PEAS A CHANCE graffito:

Hope HELCH is coughing his ringpiece up as we speak.

idunnosomename

Pseudopath

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 30, 2020, 01:18:57 PM
who the fuck is helch

Exactly. We already ripped him apart in this thread, but he still boils my piss.