Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Be honest - how scared are you?

Started by Cerys, March 17, 2020, 12:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Fucking terrified - I don't want to die
13 (8.9%)
Fucking terrified - I don't want my elderly loved ones to die
45 (30.8%)
Rational - we can weather this
51 (34.9%)
Looking forward to the peace, quiet and inheritance
10 (6.8%)
Not arsed, cigs
27 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Dewt

Cerys

Quote from: Dewt on March 27, 2020, 02:51:39 PM
They're called Snickers now.

Fortunately SNG is going to the launderette later.

Jasha

Still pretty relaxed but could do without seeing so many people wearing face masks and now rubber gloves everywhere

Pseudopath

Quote from: Jasha on March 27, 2020, 05:43:46 PM
Still pretty relaxed but could do without seeing so many people wearing face masks and now rubber gloves everywhere

Bloody Altern-8 revivalists.

I want you to innocul-8.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: chocky909 on March 26, 2020, 02:28:29 AM
Very similar boat here to cinco. I'm travelling into St. Thomas' Hospital every day on public transport to work in my Microbiology lab. We're handling Covid patient's samples almost exclusively at this point but I'm actually more worried about picking up the virus from one of my colleagues. At the moment there seems to be virtually no effort made to clean keyboards, mice, door handles, taps or equipment at any interval. Everything is based around exposure to the samples which is also probably not ideal. I'm quite scared that I will make my dad sick because I live with him in a small flat. To be fair at 63 he is probably fitter than me, an overweight 41 year old but he did have Pneumonia a few years back and it may have damaged his lungs. I feel like moving in with my gf for a few months until the first wave has died down would be a good idea but she is currently in isolation from a nasty flu type thing/suspected Corona Virus so I'm having to avoid her right now. I really don't want to look back on this moment though as the time I should've done something decisive to avoid me or my dad getting sick at such a dangerous time. My psoriasis is flaring up something rotten and I'm trying to be healthy in preparation for a nasty bout of something awful but I'm also comfort eating as usual in between. My mum is a worry too. She's had breast cancer twice and it's wiped her out. I doubt she'll survive if she catches it.

Anyway, please tell me how awesome I am for being an NHS worker even though it's entirely involuntary. I'll take what I can right now.

It's not all bad though. My family and I are financially secure enough compared to many others out there. I think my job is safe for the foreseeable future.

Keep well and thanks.

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 27, 2020, 10:48:23 AM
It's pork pies mainly. About two decades' worth.

If I survive this I'm gonna become like Eddie Izzard. Marathon a day. Maybe every other, and Saturdays off.

Izzard's marathons aren't really marathons, his average time is something like 6h50, basically fast walking, even Boston Crab could do it.

jobotic

Well I have to go back to work on Monday to answer phone queries about council tax and the like. Key worker now. Just as we hit Italy levels. A bit worried my dad is going to go a bit mad too.

So a bit more scareder.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on March 27, 2020, 10:12:18 PM
Well I have to go back to work on Monday to answer phone queries about council tax and the like. Key worker now. Just as we hit Italy levels. A bit worried my dad is going to go a bit mad too.

So a bit more scareder.

Not got a phone at home?

Dr Syntax Head

Another key worker here (support worker) and our service users in lockdown. Things are all good in the house and I only have a 10 minute walk to work and back. I'm ok if I've got my music on going to and from work, and when I'm with my team at work but it's when I get home, alone that I get the screaming fear. So fucking glad I'm still working and doing a very worthwhile job.

Dex Sawash

My mother just called, one person in her oldies apartments has it now. They only just locked down last weekend, cancelled all the social activities and closed the dining room. They play games and do group activities 7 days a week normally.  I reckon a fair few of them  have it/will get it.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Dr Syntax Head on March 27, 2020, 11:55:05 PM
Another key worker here (support worker) and our service users in lockdown. Things are all good in the house and I only have a 10 minute walk to work and back. I'm ok if I've got my music on going to and from work, and when I'm with my team at work but it's when I get home, alone that I get the screaming fear. So fucking glad I'm still working and doing a very worthwhile job.

Almost exactly the same. Short walk to work is fine, being in work with other people in the same boat at least takes my mind off it, it's at night lying in bed thinking about it. I need to get off Twitter and stop reading about it all. Just keep to myself and keep washing my hands.

Ray Travez

No fear whatsoever of the virus. Even when I caught it I wasn't bothered. My anxieties are entirely economic. So, same as usual only more so.