Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sensible preperations within the home and avoiding panic buying [merged]

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 08:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

JarrowMonkey

Split and share, I'm buying bits and bobs and splitting as much as possible with my friend and her man and dad

Blue Jam

Today I witnessed three seagulls fighting over a small portion of spilled noodles. Fewer slobbish humans going out and being wasteful = fewer cuntbeaks I guess. Every cloud and all that.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 19, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
Carnation evaporated milk in the cupboards now.  As a 70s pov kid I am unreasonably excited about pouring this over my tinned fruit, to the extent I'm saving it for when I'm ill for a morale boost.

My grandad used to put it tea and coffee as a treat, I remember him once diluting it with water for,our breakfast cereal, turns me guts now

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 19, 2020, 04:22:37 PM
I have the full array of tinned fruit, including the mysterious and rather exotic 'fruit cocktail'.  In syrup as well.  SYRUP FOR STRENGTH.

My mate told me this story once and I've got no reason to disbelieve

'There was a lad with learning difficulties at the factory he worked in, who lived with his Nana, after Sunday dinner, she asked him to open a tin of fruit salad and put some carnation milk on top, he duly obliged

After a few spoons in, she asked 'Michael,love, go and bring me the tin please', he brought it in, it was infact a tin of mixed veg

Simple times

Sebastian Cobb

Feel a bit guilty adding to the work of the delivery drivers and that, but I've ordered a cheap desk and chair off of IKEA.

I should've enquired about the cheap used ones on gumtree last week. Fuck meeting people and borrowing a van now though.

purlieu

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 20, 2020, 12:30:22 AM
Today I witnessed three seagulls fighting over a small portion of spilled noodles. Fewer slobbish humans going out and being wasteful = fewer cuntbeaks I guess. Every cloud and all that.
Herring gulls are red list endangered birds, so this is actually a bad thing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: purlieu on March 20, 2020, 12:21:42 PM
Herring gulls are red list endangered birds, so this is actually a bad thing.

I have persuaded 4 burly men to go outside and confront the herring gull's evolutionary rivals.

They gave me a quote of 'sorted by Tuesday'. Hope this helps.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 20, 2020, 12:30:22 AM

Why aren't they just looting all the closed shops?

purlieu

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 20, 2020, 12:24:14 PM
I have persuaded 4 burly men to go outside and confront the herring gull's evolutionary rivals.

They gave me a quote of 'sorted by Tuesday'. Hope this helps.
I suppose, as humans are those rivals, this might not be so bad in the long term.