Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

a nice, calm self isolation thread

Started by Gregory Torso, March 17, 2020, 08:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Yesterday, I called into work, explained that my lungs are on fire and I'm coughing like Bill Sykes so would they mind awfully me staying home for a couple of weeks and not buttering rona around the place into everyone's faces. No problem, son. Sorted. Properly in social distance mode now. Not been near a person since Sat. Ordered my shopping online from Tesco like a pensioner. Already bored as fuck, wanked out, and drank all of the booze I bought on Saturday. Now what?

Others self isolating, join me here and let's try to keep each other sane, and at peace, calm, and that.

Gregory Torso

Man, kicker is, I've actually got some holiday coming up and I was planning to bike ride around Lincolnshire's creepiest and silliest sounding hamlets and parishes, a kind of rural exp bike ride advenure, and now I'm gonna have to do it on google maps.

I'm going to write a book, a fake guide to Lincolnshire villages.

Gregory Torso

I'm listening to a nice Peter Jefferies record and I'm not reading the news. Calm.

Buelligan

Into my third week of isolation now.  By the grace of a good neighbour, got some shopping yesterday and have three huge bags of dried cat food for all my strays (I managed to feed them every single day so far and am damned if I'll give up now). My firewood has run low but the forecast is for warm and I'm sat here wrapped in a duvet by a window that just shows blue.  The birds are singing and the silence, apart from them, is incredible.   The poppies are coming into flower.

Bazooka

Quote from: Gregory Torso on March 17, 2020, 08:37:45 AM
Man, kicker is, I've actually got some holiday coming up and I was planning to bike ride around Lincolnshire's creepiest and silliest sounding hamlets and parishes, a kind of rural exp bike ride advenure, and now I'm gonna have to do it on google maps.

I'm going to write a book, a fake guide to Lincolnshire villages.

Now is the time to siege and conquer Lincoln castle, the denizens on Lincoln will be too emfeebled to climb steep hill.

Pingers

Is now the time to read Jerusalem by Alan Moore? I would, but I've got more than enough work to keep me busy that I can do from home. I just had a shave though, and am about to get dressed - no point going full slob-on for 2 weeks, I'll just feel crap if I do that.
This might sound a bit twattish, but people who are on their own with a lot of time on their hands could do worse than learning meditation.

holyzombiejesus

Self isolation sounds lovely.

Isolation as a family is going to be sheer fucking hell.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 17, 2020, 09:12:13 AM
Self isolation sounds lovely.

Isolation as a family is going to be sheer fucking hell.

I'd love to have my son here with me :(

Although, that's easy to say. My wife is going mad back in GZ stuck in the house with him.

At least we can face time and watch Blue Planet together.

bgmnts

I've been in social isolation since June.

If only people were as considerate as me, we wouldn't be in this pickle.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Gregory Torso on March 17, 2020, 08:37:45 AM
I was planning to bike ride around Lincolnshire's creepiest and silliest sounding hamlets and parishes

What's Lincolnshire's silliest sounding hamlet?

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 17, 2020, 11:00:05 AM
What's Lincolnshire's silliest sounding hamlet?

Carlton Scroop, or possibly Ferriby Sluice. Or Claxby Pluckacre.

jobotic

My grandparents (now deceased thank God) lived in Holbeach - you're not cycling round there are you? Can't think of anything more boring.

Norton Canes

jobotic

I love cycling, but not on endless flat roads. Doesn't need to be mountains but something to go up and down. Plus it's depressing to look at. I spent enough time there.

thenoise

QDRPHNC

Cancelled my road trip, got everything refunded. I'm lucky in that I was let go last year and have been working from home since then, so self-isolation doesn't feel like a huge disruption to me. Fairly well stocked with food and booze, got work to be doing, hobbies to be getting on with.

Pingers

My son has made a model of Machu Pichu today out of cardboard and bits of plants from the garden. That's a bonus that otherwise wouldn't have happened.

Buelligan

You are Brad Pitt's dad and I claim my £5.

Pingers

Quote from: Buelligan on March 17, 2020, 05:32:02 PM
You are Brad Pitt's dad and I claim my £5.

Sorry, that one's lost on me

Gregory Torso

experiencing something i would like to call "coronanism" - excessive masturbation brought about by the boredom of enforced isolation due to a pandemic.

Pingers

If people are looking for something interesting and entertaining to listen to, I can recommend the You're Dead to Me history podcast on BBC Sounds. It's great.

weekender

Quote from: Gregory Torso on March 17, 2020, 11:08:53 AM
Carlton Scroop, or possibly Ferriby Sluice. Or Claxby Pluckacre.

I love the fact that all of these appear to exist, let's arrange a meet in 2022 at one of them.

weekender

Quote from: bgmnts on March 17, 2020, 10:20:58 AM

I've been in social isolation since 1976, but being an only child turns out to have a lot of advantages right now, not least the fact that I'm a selfish prepared cunt.

weekender

I've considered a lot of things and I think we should have a Ferriby Sluice meet in 2022.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: weekender on March 17, 2020, 07:41:38 PM
I've considered a lot of things and I think we should have a Ferriby Sluice meet in 2022.

We could all crowd onto the jetty and piss in someone's houseboat

Danger Man

Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.

I'm going to download XCOM Terror From the Deep and play it until the pubs reopen.

Captain Z

Quote from: bgmnts on March 17, 2020, 10:20:58 AM

The saddest part is that you

have coronavirus.

weekender

Quote from: Gregory Torso on March 17, 2020, 08:25:38 PM
We could all crowd onto the jetty and piss in someone's houseboat

That indeed, could have been an option.

weekender

I am just pleased that we are all nice, calm and self-isolating.