Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

a nice, calm self isolation thread

Started by Gregory Torso, March 17, 2020, 08:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabian Thomsett

Day 29

Gregor has awoken to find that he has turned into a giant cockroach.

kittens

desperately craving self isolation. my employers will have me on the front lines until the nation succumbs. just wanna sit at home and eat crisps and get fired all day. come blessed virus.

Fambo Number Mive

Does everyone but me have a thermometer?

I was in work yesterday but have arranged to work from home from today onwards, which is a good thing as although my temperature was fine yesterday and last night, around 9am today my back and forehead were feeling hot. The thermometer I ordered wont work though. I am going to isolate for 7 days but has everyone but me been making sure they have a thermometer and I am being irresponsible for not having one?

Buelligan

I don't have one simply because I know when I'm ill and don't have anyone I need to check on.  I think that's pretty rational.

Remember the early-80s ad for Corona pop: 'In Corona, every bubbles passed its fizzical'?

Now its, 'with Corona, everyone's in a physical bubble till it's passed.

Fambo Number Mive

It's bin day today and it has just been emptied. I don't have any phone numbers for my neighbours, I presume I'll just have to leave it outside for a whole week. Hopefully the council won't fine me - maybe I should ring/email them.

Might seem a silly question but a lot of this is so unprecedented.

gib

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 18, 2020, 10:48:04 AM
It's bin day today and it has just been emptied. I don't have any phone numbers for my neighbours, I presume I'll just have to leave it outside for a whole week. Hopefully the council won't fine me - maybe I should ring/email them.

Might seem a silly question but a lot of this is so unprecedented.

They will be too worried about other stuff to bother with you.

the midnight watch baboon

Quote from: gib on March 18, 2020, 10:52:22 AM
They will be too worried about other stuff to bother with you.

Some parents, huh :(

Fambo Number Mive

I was due to collect more antidepressants on Monday. I'll be completely out if I don't get them. Tried ringing the pharmacy four times to see if they will deliver to doorstep, no reply. I don't have anyone who can go and collect them and even if I could find someone I can't get through on the phone to authorise it.

Buelligan

Don't worry about it Fam.  If you're able to go and collect them, if you're well enough to get yourself there, do so.  The pharmacy are probably not answering the phone because they're abnormally busy and probably getting a lot of phone calls too (and, as usual, they're off their tits because they've eaten all the drugs). 

Gregory Torso

I made the horrible mistake of reading the unsourced paranoia and rumours thread earlier and feel like i'm going into full tailspin now. Need to stay calm. If the UK shuts down on Friday (as has been suggested) I'll be fine. I'll be fine. I've got food. I live alone. Sister is not far away. I should get off the internet. Just get news updates. We'll be fine. I worry more about other people's disgusting, selfish behaviour than the virus. Worry more about people going full on KNIVES and rampaging through the streets looting shops for anything they can use to wipe their weeping arses with.

Pingers

Quote from: Gregory Torso on March 18, 2020, 06:13:23 PM
I made the horrible mistake of reading the unsourced paranoia and rumours thread earlier and feel like i'm going into full tailspin now. Need to stay calm. If the UK shuts down on Friday (as has been suggested) I'll be fine. I'll be fine. I've got food. I live alone. Sister is not far away. I should get off the internet. Just get news updates. We'll be fine. I worry more about other people's disgusting, selfish behaviour than the virus. Worry more about people going full on KNIVES and rampaging through the streets looting shops for anything they can use to wipe their weeping arses with.

Yeah, I think getting the balance right of what news and how much news to consume is very important. At the start of the outbreak until about 2 days ago I was somewhat obsessive about checking the latest, but now we're holed up (fnarr) I'm being very careful to look after my mental well-being. I am phoning a friend per day to have a chat, which is very much helping, going out in the garden (lucky to have one, and a nice one), eating well. I just participated in my monthly book group, but on Hangout, which was great and exactly the kind of thing to keep me going. We're going to choose a film or summat to watch and then do it again in a couple of weeks.

Fambo Number Mive

Sorry I have another question. I'm getting confused on whether I can go outside for exercise even if I have a temperature as long as I keep 2m from others. BBC seems to say no, NHS website says yes. I know I asked before but that was when I was symptom-free

Zetetic

It's probably fine, if you really can keep yourself from people and surfaces that people touch. If you're 40 seconds from a woodland footpath or something, don't worry about it, I reckon.

If you're coughing, do you trust yourself to catch it from spraying everywhere?

Fambo Number Mive

I'm not coughing at all, just a temperature.

Zetetic

Then I can't see the issue if you're going for a brief wander somewhere quiet outside.

Fry

What about visiting friends on Friday. Going to a mate's house. Just two blokes, same age as me, also isolating. Most we'll touch each other will be passing a PS4 controller, which can be sanitized.

Still bad, right?

kittens

i joined the gym on monday and have been going every day. is that bad

pancreas

Quote from: kittens on March 19, 2020, 11:22:11 AM
i joined the gym on monday and have been going every day. is that bad

Not if you're serious about shifting those pounds.

Pingers

Just went for another walk in the cemetery and it was beautifully quiet. The cemetery itself isn't usually noisy but you get a lot of noise from outside. Today we stood there and listened to the birds singing and could hear nothing else at all. Bliss.