Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I prefer if they are "desolate grey" with a picture of a sad old man soaked through, forlornly looking out of the bedsit window at happy smiling youth playing frisbee

At least I won't be alone then

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: imitationleather on May 28, 2020, 08:36:03 AM
They shoiuld have pictures of boozed up LADS on them. "Wetting the bed just means you are a PARTY ANIMAL!"

Aspirational.
Back in my rugby days if you lost a bet you had to suck everyone's incontinence pads dry. Absolute top banter.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteRapper Sneakbo has apologised for filming a music video during lockdown, describing it as a "totally regrettable episode".

The 27-year-old was seen shooting the video in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, on Friday. A local resident said "up to 200 people" took part..

Thames Valley Police said officers spoke to those involved and "encouraged them to leave the area and to comply with social distancing guidelines"...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52832541

Why didn't the police fine those taking part? And there should be a separate offence of encouraging a large gathering for people like Sneakbo.

Uncle TechTip

Processing and fining 200 people is a lot of work when you could just tell them to go home.

I suppose that's what we overlooked for Cummings - the guidelines were only ever that and it was down to an officer's discretion whether to issue a fixed penalty.

Abnormal Palm

Saw some guy saying they should be tasered, have their ankles and wrists tied and then be beaten with iron bars on the wrists, ankles, shins, elbows and knees, front and back, plus the back of the neck and base of the spine, hip bones and temples until they're either cabbages or locked in to fuck.

Cerys

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 28, 2020, 12:10:12 PM
Saw some guy saying they should be tasered, have their ankles and wrists tied and then be beaten with iron bars on the wrists, ankles, shins, elbows and knees, front and back, plus the back of the neck and base of the spine, hip bones and temples until they're either cabbages or locked in to fuck.

Proof that even Mr Tumble has off days.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Head Gardener on May 28, 2020, 08:07:54 PM
Sweden getting hammered https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-sweden-lockdown-death-rate-144650769.html

Worldometer looks a bit off, but that is over the whole time frame, I guess.

Brazil are fucked. Bolsonaro for the guillotine.

Endicott

Yeah, worldo has Sweden at 8th. Who to believe? I imagine if you focused on a particular date range you could make anyone look the world's worst. Stats that, innit.

Inspector Norse

Rewritten this post about a dozen times now to try to be succinct but I don't see anything particularly disastrous about Sweden's approach. More deaths per capita recently because other countries have been on lockdown longer, but there's been no massive spike like some people predicted, the curve has stayed steady and numbers are starting to drop, so it's not overly concerning, without wanting to sound callous.

Yeah, there've been more deaths here than immediate neighbours but otherwise the numbers are proportionally similar to other western European countries. The reason it hit here harder than in Norway or Denmark, for example, might just be that there was a bigger initial wave due to the high number of people who go skiing in Italy at February and March half-term - a lot of the earliest cases identified were linked to people who'd returned from just such trips.

The crisis has been largely depoliticised and the health authorities have been steady and committed and (largely) transparent rather than panicking and changing their plan willy-nilly or bullshitting their way through it. They've admitted to some mistakes - three-quarters of deaths have been in care homes.

Media in other countries seem to want to make out that everyone here has spent two months playing catch-the-virus but there've actually been clear and consistent guidelines and restrictions that have had a big effect on most people's lives; people have made a lot of changes and are showing restraint. You could say that life here over the last two months has been similar to what countries like Germany have implemented over the last couple of weeks.

Maybe this will all blow over in a few weeks and Sweden will be shown to have been dangerously cavalier. Maybe it'll come back in autumn and other countries will have problems as people refuse to go back into lockdown, and then the Swedish model will be adopted and adapted. But I'd rather be here than back in the UK given the shenanigans there.

Inspector Norse

Also, why has there been so little scrutiny of Belgium?

Fambo Number Mive

CEO of content marketing agency: https://twitter.com/alexnovicov/status/1266087681341231104

QuoteLazy people want a lockdown extension, of course, get paid to do nothing at home #lockdownextension

Not many people on Twitter have "Human" in their bio, but he does.

His response to Cummings 1/2:
QuotePeople should get a life rather than worrying about what others are doing

2/2:
QuoteThis just shows me that most people have nothing better to do

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on May 28, 2020, 10:21:24 PM
CEO of content marketing agency: https://twitter.com/alexnovicov/status/1266087681341231104

Not many people on Twitter have "Human" in their bio, but he does.

His response to Cummings 1/2:
2/2:

A NOTHING MAN

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 28, 2020, 10:06:13 PM

The Belgians are taking it very seriously. They are doing some good (modelling/control) work that Zet would baulk at.

boki

The tracking of their movements used to be entrusted to Stuart Hall and, err, yeah.....

beanheadmcginty

I imagine Operation Yewtree is on the case.

dissolute ocelot

People don't really know or care about Europe. Italy got a lot of coverage because it was first. Nobody cares about Spain, Sweden, Belgium, etc: it messes with the memes if you think there's more than 3 or 4 countries in the world. Also the more countries you look at, it's clear that luck plays a massive role in things, and it can't be blamed on political ideology or national stereotypes. But it looks like Russia has been slowly building its cases and could yet overtake everybody at least in total if not per capita (although there are credible reports that their figures are vastly understated).

Abnormal Palm

I once been to Russia and it is was like stepping into black and white telly.

Zetetic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 28, 2020, 10:27:07 PM
The Belgians are taking it very seriously. They are doing some good (modelling/control) work that Zet would baulk at.

I don't mind the modelling work, so long as somewhere along the way it actually touches on helping someone.

Had a 35 minute conversation with someone from a university this morning and just want to stop feeling anything now.

bgmnts

1,212 cases and 6 deaths in Nepal it seems. Pretty amazing considering its next door to china (is that how it works?) and the levels of dust and pollution in Nepal, especially aroujd Kathmandu. I was there for one month and i have been coughing for an entire year since, the dust is that bad, so i'm assuming a lot of Nepalese may have respitory problems, so are a danger.

Very surprised how low the numbers are.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on May 29, 2020, 10:34:48 AM
I don't mind the modelling work, so long as somewhere along the way it actually touches on helping someone.

Had a 35 minute conversation with someone from a university this morning and just want to stop feeling anything now.

Sorry to hear this.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on May 29, 2020, 10:14:15 AM
I once been to Russia and it is was like stepping into black and white telly.

which part of Russia. I found Moscow to be superior to London in all senses.

Mister Six

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2020, 02:07:23 PM
1,212 cases and 6 deaths in Nepal it seems. Pretty amazing considering its next door to china (is that how it works?) and the levels of dust and pollution in Nepal, especially aroujd Kathmandu. I was there for one month and i have been coughing for an entire year since, the dust is that bad, so i'm assuming a lot of Nepalese may have respitory problems, so are a danger.

Very surprised how low the numbers are.

In those cases I just wonder if it's an issue of very limited testing. Can't be registered as a case if you don't get tested.

Johnny Yesno

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

QuoteNOT A "HERO'
I'm not a hero and I'm not trying to save the world. I aspire to be a bridge for people to live a more meaningful and purposeful life.

QuoteI started my content marketing agency IQD in 2010 after being fired from an advertising agency.

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

QuoteSPOKE AT: ( WORKED VERY HARD FOR THIS)

lol