Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Sebastian Cobb

It's about time the intellectual heavyweights spoke up.

Norton Canes

Johnny Yesno

Gulftastic

Fuck Everyone And Resist wearing a mask

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: bgmnts on September 04, 2020, 01:07:18 PM
Cancel culture and the associated peer pressure is surely the only semblance of punishment we now have in a society where law and order is corrupt and useless?

Don't forget kangeroo courts.

SpiderChrist

A school in Matt Hancock's constituency re-opened last week - social distancing and 1-way movement plans in place, and then go 300 students in one room for an assembly. School now closed tomorrow as 5 teachers tested positive for Covid over the weekend. Coincidence? Obviously.

non capisco

Quote from: king_tubby on September 05, 2020, 04:15:40 PM
Check out this dunce.

https://twitter.com/ianbrown/status/1302252429191401473

Second spike island, more like!

There is no way that joke hasn't already been done a million times. Still, Ian Brown. What a whalloper.

idunnosomename

huggin' up a big monkey man (who doesn't believe in social distancing)

Uncle TechTip

Ian's not worried 'cos despite all the hype the second coming never did the numbers anticipated.

SpiderChrist

Fambo Number Mive

Robert Jenrick fuckwit

Quote"There's a responsibility on younger people to not just stay at home, obviously to go out and go to work and to enjoy pubs and restaurants, but to do so in accordance with the guidelines."

Is Jenrick saying that younger people need to go out and enjoy pubs and restaurants to be responsible people? If you take precautions and don't go to places which are high risk, does Jenrick regard you as not responsible? Unless I've misunderstood, he can fuck off.

frajer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 08, 2020, 11:41:11 AM
Is Jenrick saying that younger people need to go out and enjoy pubs and restaurants to be responsible people? If you take precautions and don't go to places which are high risk, does Jenrick regard you as not responsible? Unless I've misunderstood, he can fuck off.

If you're not acting and spending completely normally during a pandemic, you are a traitor to the crown.

BlodwynPig

steveh

New paper says a US motorcycle rally back in August led to an estimated 260,000 subsequent infections costing approximately $12.2 billion in healthcare costs.

https://www.iza.org/publications/dp/13670/the-contagion-externality-of-a-superspreading-event-the-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-and-covid-19

Fambo Number Mive

Fuckwitted hair salon where staff did not wear masks and coronavirus talk was "banned" (seems like a good way to lose money) visited by police: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54075731

Whoever made that poster for them should be visited as well. I wonder how many people have been infected after visiting that salon.

Pranet

The covid doesn't exist crowd are a definite presence. Guy who came to work to do some jobs was apparently giving it the "well do you know anyone who has it" to a colleague, and apparently someone I used to work with, who was the stupidest person I have ever met, predictably also doesn't believe in it. She was bang into homeopathy and didn't trust actual medicine.

frajer

Quote from: Pranet on September 08, 2020, 04:39:08 PM
The covid doesn't exist crowd are a definite presence.

As if times aren't hard enough there's always the reliable fuckwit crowd to make it worse. You just know these dullards are going to suffer from the mildest symptoms while also being such rampant carriers that a Resident Evil scientist would envy.

Uncle TechTip

Durham football match leads to 300 self-isolations. Man:

"I'd like to reiterate that this event would never have taken place if we had known back then, what we know now, and the day was planned with the best intentions."

Bollocks. What we knew on 30 August is same as what we know a week later. You fucked it by not doing the things we know.

As someone who doesn't give a fuck about charity football matches, or indeed other people, i feel quite smug when i hear of this. It's so easy to comply - why do they find it impossible?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/08/coronavirus-co-durham-football-club-apologises-as-300-people-asked-to-self-isolate

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Pranet on September 08, 2020, 04:39:08 PM
The covid doesn't exist crowd are a definite presence. Guy who came to work to do some jobs was apparently giving it the "well do you know anyone who has it" to a colleague, and apparently someone I used to work with, who was the stupidest person I have ever met, predictably also doesn't believe in it. She was bang into homeopathy and didn't trust actual medicine.
Plenty of people deny ("sceptical") the holocaust or the moon landings, so I have no doubt there will be a growing body that will maintain Covid is a fiendish social control experiment.

I did have the "do you know anyone who has had it?" line myself the other day, and was able to reply, yes, a work colleague who spent three months in a hospital, two of them with a tube through a hole in their throat.

Pranet

I think it will take that sort of thing for a lot of the deniers to change their mind unfortunately.

Head Gardener

Fambo Number Mive

"Brits" (I hate that word) act like idiots. Unfortunately Covid works weekends as well as weekdays:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/12/brits-flock-to-pubs-to-enjoy-last-saturday-before-rule-of-six-hits-13263724/

Not the most responsible headline either from the Metro.

PaulTMA