Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Sebastian Cobb

Still love how the Gallagher brothers are using it as another line to feud over.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: AllisonSays on September 18, 2020, 08:53:37 PM
It was the Janet Planet thing and the tone of the more expansive albums I was thinking of, but I get what you're saying, the Kerouac-buddhism thing was always tempered by the hard-man, Belfast prod, blues and RnB thing. I fucking love Van Morrison no matter how much shite he talks.

You're absolutely right, he was definitely a bit hippieish in the late '60s and early '70s. And I feel the same way, I still love the man's music. I don't care if he's a wanker IRL, it doesn't ruin the sheer bliss of his best stuff.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 18, 2020, 09:55:32 PM
Still love how the Gallagher brothers are using it as another line to feud over.

Liam isn't covering his nose with his mask in that photo. He can't even get that right, the silly twat.

I do think, however, that Liam has grown up a bit in recent years. He will always be a buffoon, but he actually comes across as quite likeable in interviews. His brother becomes more reactionary with every passing year, whereas Liam appears to have morphed into a sort of 'live and let live' liberal type.

Anyway. Sorry for derailing.

MrMrs

ajsmith2

'Bugmen' lol, not heard that one in a while. Sweet sepia tinted memories of the summer of 2018.

rue the polywhirl

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ian Brown's new song is an aural version of that ghastly rave scene poster where there's a chasm (get it guys, like the chasm of our differing philosophies on life) between the polluted offices, factories and police state and a lush verdant scene with people loving and sharing (while presumably enjoying some music of fluctuating quality), with a guy flipping the bird as he slashes the rope bridge between them.

What I mean in other words, is it's a horrific piece of lamentable droning fucking shit. And this is from someone who thought his first two solo albums were ok.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I wear a mask because it helps conceal my identity when I chuck stuff at politicians.

H-O-W-L

Really very chuffed that face recognition CCTV is being utterly shitfucked by masks tbh.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 20, 2020, 12:06:48 PM
Really very chuffed that face recognition CCTV is being utterly shitfucked by masks tbh.

Ha, perhaps that's the way to go with the no mask wankers? "Yes, you're right, its important that the government is able to track all our movements wherever we go."

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on September 18, 2020, 03:52:45 PM
Dora the Explorer's let herself go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrlZfq90Z4

Damn it must be hell working at this KFC that a crazy lady screaming on top of the counter doesn't even faze the workers or cause them to stop bagging chicken tenders.

Cloud

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 20, 2020, 05:32:34 PM
Ha, perhaps that's the way to go with the no mask wankers? "Yes, you're right, its important that the government is able to track all our movements wherever we go."

I have a feeling the no mask wankers are the same kind of people who get mad about Muslims, unfortunately, so they'll be the types who use CCTV as a way to say they need to ban the burqa etc.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cloud on September 21, 2020, 12:56:41 AM
I have a feeling the no mask wankers are the same kind of people who get mad about Muslims, unfortunately, so they'll be the types who use CCTV as a way to say they need to ban the burqa etc.

But Starmer and all the remain u-turners are saying the reason we lost the election is because we ignored these people and their WILL.

Fuck them. I hate them.

Sebastian Cobb

If only there were some people around to investigate this sort of thing.

It's Jobs for the Boys as the Pandemic Unemployment Payment is cut by up to €100/week!

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0922/1166635-cabinet-ireland/

With bonus whataboutery from Micheál Martin when Sinn Féin call him out on his shit. Fuck off you cut-price Vladimir Putin and take shit Tom Hanks with you.

buttgammon

The shit is hitting the fan in Ireland right now. We have a perfect storm of the virus spreading, conspiracy wankers getting their foot in the door and as PBGC points out, vital supports being removed by the government. I'm at least as pessimistic as I was six months ago.

Quote from: buttgammon on September 22, 2020, 06:32:40 PM
The shit is hitting the fan in Ireland right now. We have a perfect storm of the virus spreading, conspiracy wankers getting their foot in the door and as PBGC points out, vital supports being removed by the government. I'm at least as pessimistic as I was six months ago.
at least they've finally cordoned off Dublin and all the fucking plague

oh wait they're reopening wet pubs in the rest of the country here as if landlords will be able to enforce any of the safety measures the government requires

And I have a lot of sympathy for pub owners. I do. And for the sixtyish-seventyish year old farmers who drink in rural pubs and are desperately missing their one outlet for social contact. I would have no problem paying some extra tax to keep those businesses afloat. But there's a pandemic. We were very full of ourselves when the UK was making a bags of things, too full of ourselves, having a well-spoken young doctor leading the way. We think we have it all sussed out now and we don't.

And I know there's no point in saying this so I might as well die mad about it, but I did not vote for that shower. They cut the party with the second-highest number of votes out of the government talks completely. That is not democracy.

Through their COVID policy the despised Tories have caused mass unemployment, neglect of cancer and heart disease patients, neglect of the mentally ill, a rise in substance abuse, domestic violence and suicide, destruction of small businesses, disruption to education, and have shredded our freedoms - all in a futile attempt to prevent the inevitable spread of a virus which is largely asymptomatic and has a low mortality rate - yet all the political left seems to do is beg for more.

king_tubby

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1308496465141137408

Quote"My son has Covid-19. Good. Everyone in his student house has it as well. Even better," writes
@allisonpearson

Cloud

Quote(Experience teaches us that only self-pity or the need for sudden cash injections will cause the young adult male to ring his mother)

Is that a royal "us", Allison?  Just wondering if there might be some reason he's not keen on talking to his mother.

dissolute ocelot

Doesn't the Daily Mail hate students and academics (all woke lefty traitors)? Presumably the Mail wants every student to die, even if they are related to Allison Pearson.

idunnosomename

if this were my mam I'd want to go to university and catch covid too

it goes on for fucking ages

https://archive.md/4l0Ah

Quotethe Prime Minister told the Commons that "the fight against this virus will continue ... we will not listen to those who say let it rip". I feel more disappointed in him by the hour. We thought we voted for Winston Churchill and we got King Canute.

FUCK OFF WITH THE CNUT AND THE WAVES METAPHOR FUCKING HELL. CNUT IS ACTUALLY A SIGNIFICANT AND IMPORTANT KING OF ENGLAND

but lol admiting you "thought we voted for Winston Churchill"

Ah, yes, the famous Winston Churchill who insisted we all left our lights on and carried on as normal during bombings to protect the economy.

It does my head in that these ghouls worship Churchill and Thatcher, yet they don't seem to know anything about them beyond "strong Tory leader".

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteGordon Rayner from the Daily Telegraph asks in a time where the private sector has had to make huge cutbacks, should the state not also become smaller?

Sunak says it was "right" for the state to step in at a time like this to provide the support it has done to businesses, employees and public services.

But he agrees that ultimately he wants the state to be as "nimble and agile as possible".

Thanks Gordon. No doubt if the state was cut even further your paper would be having a go at the newly unemployed former public sector workers. The Telegraph is of course mainly read by people over 70 and the very wealthy, none of which have to worry about unemployment.

Fambo Number Mive

Sammy Wilson seems to think you can't wear a face mask and speak on a phone. What an idiot: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54284405

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 24, 2020, 07:03:07 PM
Sammy Wilson seems to think you can't wear a face mask and speak on a phone. What an idiot: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54284405
oh god don't be an inconsiderate fucknangle by taking a call on a train you assbasket

nobody wants to hear you bellowing "ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE" at that hour of the day