Author Topic: The worst responses to the coronavirus  (Read 114951 times)

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
Re: The worst responses to the coronavirus
« Reply #1680 on: November 12, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
People being taxed for not being patriotic enough or having a big enough poppy.

These days you say you're English and you get a tax cut.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1681 on: November 12, 2020, 01:50:46 PM »
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/sunak-eat-out-help-out-19267201

Rishi Sunak's Eat out to Help Out scheme could make a comeback this winter
The economy rebounded significantly whilst the scheme ran across the UK

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #1682 on: November 12, 2020, 01:55:02 PM »
Covid cases also rebounded significantly due to the scheme.

And areas with a higher rate of uptake - both from restaurants and consumers - experienced a sharp increase in new Covid-19 infection clusters a week after the scheme started, with 8-17% of the newly detected clusters attributed to it.

Meanwhile, areas with high uptake saw a decline in new infections a week after the scheme came to an end on August 31.

Surely indoor dining is one of the worst things to encourage during a pandemic? Why doesn't Sunak limit it to takeout only?

« Reply #1683 on: November 12, 2020, 01:56:54 PM »
Rishi burgers all round lads!

« Reply #1684 on: November 12, 2020, 02:26:17 PM »
Economy is tanking as Covid cases increase and lockdown measures required.
Easing of lockdown as Covid figures are under control.
Let's stimulate the economy by eating out with Rishi.
Covid cases rise as a result of scheme.
Economy is tanking as Covid cases increase and lockdown measures required and so on and so forth. 

« Reply #1685 on: November 12, 2020, 02:36:11 PM »
I hope Rishi accidentally eats out a bucket of acid but tries to front it out for the cameras, spluttering "Cor these chicken wings are a bit spicyyy!" even as his lips melt.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1686 on: November 12, 2020, 02:38:40 PM »
Rishi's mad friday before christmas.

« Reply #1687 on: November 12, 2020, 02:50:42 PM »
Red Rishi strikes again.

« Reply #1688 on: November 12, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »
Also, surely people buy the same amount of food whether they work from home or in an office?

Yes but they don't spend as much on it because the law that says you've got to buy shite overpriced sandwiches from Pret for your work lunches doesn't apply to home workers.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #1689 on: November 12, 2020, 04:53:16 PM »
It does feel a bit weird that Strictly Come Dancing is still able to go on.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #1690 on: November 12, 2020, 07:49:59 PM »
It does feel a bit weird that Strictly Come Dancing is still able to go on.

Adams out because her partner got Covid. Yet they didn't cancel the show!!!!???!!

« Reply #1691 on: November 13, 2020, 11:34:26 AM »
Adams out because her partner got Covid. Yet they didn't cancel the show!!!!???!!
Having just watched This Morning, apparently lots of them now have to isolate, the judge Mabuse has rushed home to Germany for some kind of emergency, and they don't know how Adams' partner Natya got it in isolation. I expect postponement or something.

« Reply #1692 on: November 13, 2020, 11:44:07 AM »
But what about national morale? We need Strictly and it doesn't matter how many have to die to get it.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #1693 on: November 13, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »
Why not just repeat a previous year's run of Strictly and wait until 2021 to have it live? It's not like people are going to riot if there is no Strictly.

"50,000 dead, should we cancel the dancing show where people can't wear masks or socially distance and sometimes touch hands?"

"No, the masses like it. We can't have them watching something on BBC 1 that makes them think"

"OK. Hey, Laurence Fox is interested in playing the lead in Conservative P.I. a show about a private detective who investigates crimes committed by the anfia woke liberal communist Corbynite Remainer fascist elite."

"Excellent. Let's have six episodes."

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #1694 on: November 13, 2020, 01:59:29 PM »
Everyone on Strictly getting covid is the best possible outcome the series could have though.

Cuellar

• I'm over here
« Reply #1695 on: November 13, 2020, 02:00:39 PM »

"OK. Hey, Laurence Fox is interested in playing the lead in Conservative P.I. a show about a private detective who investigates crimes committed by the anfia woke liberal communist Corbynite Remainer fascist elite."

Script by Robert Galbraith

Cuellar

• I'm over here
« Reply #1696 on: November 13, 2020, 02:02:21 PM »
Apparently an Ireland footballer has tested positive today, after playing the full game against England last night (was it?), but no one has to isolate because there was no close contact between him and any member of the Ireland or England teams or staff.

?

Dex Sawash

• Silver Member
  • Upphängningspunkterna
« Reply #1697 on: November 15, 2020, 03:05:18 PM »

If dad or Bryson cark it, can just snap them right off

« Reply #1698 on: November 15, 2020, 10:54:45 PM »
Dickheads on the Nolan show now.

Norton Canes

• In today's room, with today's view
« Reply #1699 on: November 18, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »
Fuck Eid al-Fitr, fuck Diwali, but let's make sure we pull out all the stops for Christmas.

We get the message.

Should there be a separate COVID racism thread?

« Reply #1700 on: November 18, 2020, 04:01:54 PM »
Just got this glossy leaflet through the door. I thought it was from the government at first. Who the fuck's paying for it?

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/ee2b1b8c-cfee-4d2e-aa2b-4d5b03c510fd/MiriAF.pdf

Oh, shut my mouth, i got one of these things today. I wonder if the print files are doing the rounds and folks are priniting them locally or whether it is some rich jerk. Anyone else had one yet. THis is in Kent.

George Oscar Bluth II

« Reply #1701 on: November 18, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »
^^^ the problem with this kind of shit is that clearly the people pushing it are not thinking about it for one moment. Every government in the world has clubbed together to exaggerate the threat of this thing to...shut their own economies down, stop their people doing the things that make life worthwhile[1] and make themselves look like inept chumps. Makes total sense!

At least 9/11 trutherism made sense. If anything, it made more sense than what actually happened.
 1. Except posting on the internet, eh readers

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #1702 on: November 23, 2020, 11:13:19 AM »
In America, people are paying others to wait in the COVID testing line for them.

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1330532826798821376

What are these people doing while they pay someone else to stand in the COVID testing line for them? They aren't getting to the front any quicker, they just aren't standing in the queue all that time.

« Reply #1703 on: November 23, 2020, 08:20:47 PM »
French police have fined a man who left his home with a written lockdown declaration stating he was out to “smash a guy’s face in”.

Daniel Kerdraon, the local police chief, said his officers had discovered the 39-year-old lurking behind a car late on Friday evening.

"When asked what he was doing he explained that he was waiting for someone to ‘smash their face in’ … he had the written form with his real name and the time he had left home – 10.15pm – but we told him his reason for going out was not valid."
What's French for Legend Gary?

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #1704 on: November 24, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »
I do have sympathy for business owners given the lack of compensation they are receiving for losing trade from the government that can afford millions for hackers, but that doesn't justify repeatedly opening during the lockdown.

On the video, she is heard saying: "I don't consent to any fines, so it will just be returned to sender."

She had also displayed a poster on the salon door which refers to the Magna Carta and says the shop is "under the jurisdiction of common law".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-55057700

Imagine if one of her customers had their hair cut and said "I don't consent to paying you for this haircut, under the jurisdiction of common law. If you don't like it, read your Magna Carta". She'd be rightly furious and get them arrested.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #1705 on: November 24, 2020, 07:29:45 PM »
Wrong version of the Magna Carta you covid cunt.

Tags: