Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

SpiderChrist

Just got involved in a row on Facebook (I know, I know) with a friend of a friend who announced he wouldn't be having the vaccine. Some people get well touchy when you call them a selfish cunt, don't they?

Rizla

Just been utterly shocked and saddened to learn that a bandmate's girlfriend was killed yesterday in a horrific RTA whilst driving down south to see her family. Related to covid in as much as she'd still be here if she'd obeyed the travel ban, which I'm ashamed to say was my first thought. WTF.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 29, 2020, 10:42:12 AM
More British people acting like idiots abroad and putting other people's health at risk;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55471235

Of course our nationalistic government don't care about people from other countries but if I was prime minister I would make it an offence to breach the public health laws of another country, punishable by 100 hours of community service. You could add certain other types of law to that.

Given the difficulty of getting into Australia at the moment, if these people are British they'll have been in Sydney since before Covid started presumably? So really these people are Australia's problem.

Unlike the Verbier skiing cunts, who should all be locked up.

bgmnts

Utter cunts those rich ski cunts.

The one cunt comparing him and his family to the fucking Von Trapps as well. Wish there was a Nazi regime just for cunts like them, get them all murdered.

Prick.

Head Gardener

jesus that Corona Depression film is so bad, like REALLY bad, not funny, incredibly boring just... pointless, so on topic then

jobotic

Quote from: bgmnts on December 29, 2020, 07:00:17 PM

The one cunt comparing him and his family to the fucking Von Trapps as well. Wish there was a Nazi regime just for cunts like them, get them all murdered.

Prick.

That was Andy Wigmore, who would have been on the side of the Nazis without a doubt.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteTikTok said it has removed the account for Vybe Together, a "secret party app," which used social media to promote large New Year's Eve gatherings in New York City that appear to break COVID-19 safety protocols.

A Vybe Together video promoting "secret gatherings" in New York City every weekend with videos of crowds of people indoors without wearing masks was viewed nearly 11,000 times before TikTok removed the account for violating its community guidelines. New York Times reporter Taylor Lorenz first spotted the app's TikTok account...

Glad TikTok have removed this account.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vybe-together-tiktok-promote-nye-parties-amid-covid-19-2020-12?r=US&IR=T

George Oscar Bluth II

Can't get my head around people who want to spend time indoors with a load of other people they don't know atm.

olliebean

I don't even want to spend time indoors with a load of other people I do know.

Fambo Number Mive

QuotePeople tempted to attend a New Year's Eve party on Brighton seafront have been warned by police to stay away.

A group called Protest Everywhere has advertised the "freedom protest street party" and asked people "to bring a bottle, drums, music, firewood, love and joy"...

"Got loads of love and joy, where can I put it?"

I think meeting in a massive group during the height of the pandemic is the opposite of bringing love and joy. Brighton doesn't seem to be doing as badly as other places in the south east looking at the map, but perhaps this party could change that.

Apparently it will take place in one of the car parks according to the Argus.

Fambo Number Mive

good times

Couldn't fucking believe the new Ryanair ad when it popped up late on TV the other night, "JAB & GO!" is the tagline

full ad here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THll4iy_yqA

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 01, 2021, 08:43:10 PM
I shouldn't be surprised given she is married to Michael "Bookcase" Gove:

https://twitter.com/WestminsterWAG/status/1345099745778393088

I have to say that the handle 'WestminsterWAG' is a perfect embodiment of the decline of Western civilisation.

I don't even need to explain the multiple levels on which it's egregiously desperate but if you don't understand why, give me a shout.

Fambo Number Mive

2,500 people attend rave inside a warehouse in France, attendees were from a number of European countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55513167

No social distancing and almost no masks in the video.

Chedney Honks

Enjoy SARS-CoV-2 variant B117, techno cunts!

😅😅😅

BlodwynPig

Dog Botherer

there's no way this is getting sorted in the next decade

Fambo Number Mive

A load of absolute tossers protesting outside a hospital

Quote..."Worked the late A&E SHO shift on NYE and came out to this," he wrote on Twitter. "Hundreds of maskless, drunk people in huge groups shouting 'Covid is a hoax', literally outside the building where hundreds are sick and dying. Why do people still not realise the seriousness of this pandemic?"

The doctor continued: "I'm disgusted but mostly heartbroken. I wish people could see the amount of #COVID19 and death in hospitals, and the sacrifices that healthcare workers make. This week alone has been so tough. Their ignorance is hurting others. I really wish people would keep themselves safe."...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/doctor-covid-hoax-crowd-outside-st-thomas-hospital-b633377.html

https://twitter.com/mbklee_/status/1344795588039208961

I'm sure all the patients and exhausted medical staff were delighted to have to listen to shouting and loud music all night. And the protestors will get away with it.

buttgammon

Situations like that are why we have flamethrowers.

Uncle TechTip

Instead of fines, rule breakers should be made to spend a day in ICU, perhaps talking to the patients and telling them it'll be ok since they have no useful knowledge whatsoever.

jobotic

Can't even hope they get it, as they'll just clog up hospital beds and the way things are going someone might have to be denied treatment to accommodate these cunts.

Of course No 10 could condemn them, and Toby Young, and Julia Hartley-Brewer....

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on January 04, 2021, 10:53:55 AM
Instead of fines, rule breakers should be made to spend a day in ICU, perhaps talking to the patients and telling them it'll be ok since they have no useful knowledge whatsoever.

Or how about this? https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/17/asia/indonesia-coronavirus-grave-diggers-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on December 29, 2020, 07:00:17 PM

Prick.

Bury them up to the neck in snow and keep them there until they look like the end of The Shining.

Zetetic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteSecurity officers had to remove Covid-19 "deniers" who were taking pictures of empty corridors at a hospital where the intensive care unit is at maximum capacity.

The incident took place at Colchester Hospital at the weekend.

Chief executive Nick Hulme said it "beggars belief" some people were calling the pandemic a hoax.

He said it was "the right thing to do" to keep corridors in outpatients units as empty as possible...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-55531589

More COVID idiots causing problems in hospitals.

Zetetic

Our monthly spend on antidepressants more than doubled from February to April 2020. England's spend went up from £16.6m to £34.3m per month.

Not because loads more people are on antidepressants - there has been a slight increase prescriptions, pretty much in line with the last few years (possibly lower) - but because generics manufacturers managed to increase the price of
Spoiler alert
sertraline
[close]
by about 7x, taking English spend on
Spoiler alert
sertraline
[close]
from about £2.3m to about £19m per month.

Zetetic

The response of 4 out 7 manufacturers as to why there was a "shortage" was "none of your fucking business", two said "Ingredients? Borders? Pandemic? What would make you feel better?" and Pfizer pointed out that Premium Original
Spoiler alert
Sertraline
[close]
was still extremely available (at a ridiculous price) because they've got warehouses full of the stuff.

Incidentally, most of these manufacturers have been sued for anticompetitive/antitrust actions in either the EU or US at some point.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on January 05, 2021, 05:57:29 PM
The response of 4 out 7 manufacturers as to why there was a "shortage" was "none of your fucking business", two said "Ingredients? Borders? Pandemic? What would make you feel better?" and Pfizer pointed out that Premium Original
Spoiler alert
Sertraline
[close]
was still extremely available (at a ridiculous price) because they've got warehouses full of the stuff.

Incidentally, most of these manufacturers have been sued for anticompetitive/antitrust actions in either the EU or US at some point.

horrible - hope we don't go down the US route of street stuff flooding the populace.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Tramore COVID spike can be traced to several events at Christmas, says GP

QuoteDr Austin Byrne confirmed that about 200 cases of the virus had been detected among patients at his Tramore practice since St Stephen's Day.

"People came together, they had the craic and had fun, and that's what's happened here. That's how Covid spreads," he said.

About one in 20 of Tramore's population now has the virus, according to Dr Byrne's estimates.