Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderful Butternut

So the guy who runs Wetherspoons is a fucking knob.

I'd have never have guessed based on his behaviour and public utterances in the last couple of years.

ollyboro

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on March 24, 2020, 11:14:30 AM
So the guy who runs Wetherspoons is a fucking knob.

I'd have never have guessed based on his behaviour and public utterances in the last couple of years.

His refusal to abandon his hairstyle tells you everything

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The face that launched a thousand " Noddy Holder has let himself go (and become a cunt)" quotes.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cursus on March 24, 2020, 07:11:43 AM

Colour me surprised that 'positive eugenicist' Toby Young can see the upside of large numbers of people in a category that he doesn't belong to dying.

Fambo Number Mive

batwings

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 24, 2020, 12:16:10 PM
Not sure a bed shop should be classed as essential: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18329925.minty-beds-botley-staying-open-customers/

I agree with Sausages sausages

And Cityview is right: that's not journalism; it's an advert.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: batwings on March 24, 2020, 01:00:10 PM
Old woman phoning into local radio and giving zero fucks:

https://twitter.com/YesMissMurphy/status/1242364536365211648

Interesting regarding her attitude to Alexander duh Kerfuffle. The pundits' view of 'electability' and 'prime ministerial' has completely collapsed. No one trusts these fuckers, even those who voted for them.

imitationleather

Blimey.

I mean, er...

I hear yer a racist now, Allison!

chveik

things move fast

QuoteIn March 2020 during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic she spearheaded the racist campaign on social Media, "Made in China".

Fambo Number Mive

Reports of Sports Direct and Jack Wills staff being asked to come into work still, according to the Oxford Mail. I won't link to it after their dangerous ad for Minty Beds.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: EOLAN on March 24, 2020, 10:13:36 AM
Toby Young doesn't seem to understand that the mortality rate may be <1% due to the extreme measures taken.

The best estimate of excess mortality in the UK due to the last recession (including a government that used it as an excuse to shaft the poor) was 130,000 deaths, which works out as 0.2% of the population (or less as it was over maybe 10 years). I'm not a smart Oxford educated cunt like Toby but I'm pretty sure 0.2% is significantly less than 1% Coronacorpses.

In other shit news, Amazon is entirely sold out of jigsaws, but there are some dubious third-parties offering mysterious black market 'saws for £30+. Probably taking a couple of pieces from each box to make extras. And the guy with the Farmfoods leaflets is still working.

Fambo Number Mive

Also, if Toby Young is concerned about people dying due to economic issues why doesn't he support policies that mean that ordinary people don't have to shoulder the burden of a weak economy? I also note than none of the UK's super-rich appear to be pitching in and making six figure donations to the NHS or to other essential services.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 24, 2020, 02:01:43 PM
Two Iceland delivery vans torched: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-52019720

For the greater good.

Actually, hunt them down and full force of law. Send them to Coronavirus island.

imitationleather

Zetetic

Finding myself increasingly irritated by statements along the lines of "they thought it was pneumonia but it turned out to be coronavirus".

Head Gardener

Dewt

Quote from: Zetetic on March 24, 2020, 03:58:17 PM
Finding myself increasingly irritated by statements along the lines of "they thought it was pneumonia but it turned out to be coronavirus".
https://youtu.be/2FGjs32AH1c?t=48

Ray Travez

seen on twitter-

QuoteEconomics of Coronavirus: illegal dog walking markets have sprung up in Spain. People are renting their dogs so they can be taken for walks, allowing multiple "customers" to go outside; it's one of the few reasons people can leave their homes.

Going rate per dog is €35-45/hour.

bit steep.

Buelligan

Sounds like risible bollocks.  If the punters can get themselves to the place where the rent-dog lives, so's they can commence the rental, presumably without a dog, why are they bothering?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 24, 2020, 05:37:14 PM
Sounds like risible bollocks.  If the punters can get themselves to the place where the rent-dog lives, so's they can commence the rental, presumably without a dog, why are they bothering?

"Go get help Lassie"

"Ve a buscar ayuda, Lassie"

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 24, 2020, 02:11:08 PM
Also, if Toby Young is concerned about people dying due to economic issues why doesn't he support policies that mean that ordinary people don't have to shoulder the burden of a weak economy? I also note than none of the UK's super-rich appear to be pitching in and making six figure donations to the NHS or to other essential services.

Stop attempting to apply common sense to this or any moral compass to the super-rich.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Buelligan on March 24, 2020, 05:37:14 PM
Sounds like risible bollocks. 

Yeah, could well be. Maybe should have prefaced it with a disclaimer.

Buelligan

You didn't need to, you're an eminently sane and trustworthy poster, I'm utterly certain no one would imagine for a moment you were endorsing such a lunatic tale.

idunnosomename

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 24, 2020, 01:44:44 PM

i dont know how allison pearson can look herself in the mirror when she keeps tweeting with that avatar from about 20 years ago. she looks like a right bloated old soak these days

ZoyzaSorris

QuoteSenior Conservatives are questioning whether Boris Johnson will need a national unity government or emergency cross-party council to share responsibility for the coronavirus crisis if the situation worsens.

One argument circulating among some Tories is that Johnson may need to to share responsibility for decision-making with Labour and other opposition parties in order to survive the crisis, but he would need to convince the opposition that they would have meaningful input in return. One Tory MP said there was a political argument that Johnson may be keen to "drag Labour in" so the public do not associate the crisis solely with the Conservatives, if the situation worsens.

They fear that Johnson could end up losing public support – despite surveys currently showing he is strongly backed – if it looks like he alone is responsible for a crisis that ends up involving tens of thousands of deaths.

Guardian, but still..
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/covid-coalition-government-considered-by-senior-conservatives

imitationleather

Gah. You know Keir "Nick Clegg" Starmer will be right up for this as well.

ZoyzaSorris

I know. His wing of the party seem to see it as their number one job to save the Tories' skins so I really wouldn't put it past him.