Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Badger

Give Lord Sumption some credit though, he later went on to defend some lesbians from Richard Littlejohn.

Fambo Number Mive

Some of the tennis players and their partners who have to self-quarantine for two weeks before the Australian Open in their hotel rooms are not happy.

I get a hotel room is crap to have to stay in for two weeks and not leave, but tough, these people should be glad they are even allowed to travel given the current situation.

QuoteWe told you earlier about the tennis players confined to their hotel rooms for two weeks before the Australian Open, having arrived on a flight with infected travellers.

From the BBC live feed:

Well world number one Novak Djokovic has made a series of demands for them. But the government in Victoria says players "will not be given any special treatment".

"The virus doesn't treat you specially, so neither do we," says Victorian premier Daniel Andrews.

Meanwhile, Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic and his girlfriend Vanessa Sierra have come under fire after she made a video complaining about the hotel food and that she could not get someone to wash her hair.

"This is the worst part of quarantine: I don't wash my own hair. I've never washed my own hair. It's just not something I do. I normally have hairdressers do it twice a week for me. This is the situation that we're dealing with," she says...

Good for Daniel Andrews.

buttgammon

Djokovic is such a wanker that I support this for pissing him off almost as much as I do for the public health benefits.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 18, 2021, 03:31:27 PM
Some of the tennis players and their partners who have to self-quarantine for two weeks before the Australian Open in their hotel rooms are not happy.

I get a hotel room is crap to have to stay in for two weeks and not leave, but tough, these people should be glad they are even allowed to travel given the current situation.

Good for Daniel Andrews.
It's shitty if you're supposed to be playing in a big tennis tournament and can't train and practice as much as you want to, but well done for losing all sympathy there.

Cold Meat Platter

"This is the worst part of quarantine: I don't wipe my own arse. I've never wiped my own arse. It's just not something I do. I normally have arsewipers do it twice a week for me. This is the situation that we're dealing with."

Blue Jam

They should lock all the tennis players in a stadium in Milton Keynes like they do with the snooker. Force them to stay in little bubbles of four and share bathroom facilities with the likes of Shaun Murphy and Stuart Bingham.

Australia? Lucky bastards.

BlodwynPig

Is anyone actually getting any joy from sport at the moment. It seems like a bit of a trudge. 'something that is done'

SpiderChrist

Matt Johnson posts COVID conspiracy vid on Twitter, then blocks anyone who challenges him while accusing them of being bots or trolls (the two seem to be interchangeable) with the same IP address (he gets the IP addresses from his Twitter contact, apparently).

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23matt+johnson&prefetchtimestamp=1611041247703

As a massive the The fan, this is all a bit upsetting. Comes across like some kind of manic episode or summat.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 18, 2021, 09:05:08 PM
It's shitty if you're supposed to be playing in a big tennis tournament and can't train and practice as much as you want to, but well done for losing all sympathy there.

Then they should be calling on the Australian Open to find a way of evening things up by allowing those who haven't been able to practice some kind of mitigation. Maybe give them some extra points or something (I don't know much about tennis). Aren't most of these tennis players quite wealthy and could have sat the Australian Open out for a year?

jobotic

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 19, 2021, 07:33:29 AM
Is anyone actually getting any joy from sport at the moment. It seems like a bit of a trudge. 'something that is done'

Only from Ronnie's interview.

MrMrs

yeah it blows my mind that sport is still on

olliebean

Never have, am not now, never will. Sport is just interminable boredom. You might disagree but you're objectively wrong.

Blue Jam

Snooker is one of the few things keeping me sane at the moment. Does that count?

Really fucking hope I can get to Sheffield in April.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 19, 2021, 02:16:31 PM
Snooker is one of the few things keeping me sane at the moment. Does that count?

Really fucking hope I can get to Sheffield in April.

I agree. Although I only watched a couple of the Yan frames.

Uncle TechTip

Sport is taking place to fulfill TV contracts.

Harry Badger

Yep, the test series in Australia that just finished will probably go down as one of the greatest of all time. In front of crowds too.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/happy-mondays-star-bez-claims-23356953

Some very responsible reporting of renowned scientist and reliable narrator Bez's claims that COVID cured Shaun Ryder's alopecia.

Bald men up and down the country now licking door handles. Stay safe CaB.

Norton Canes

Does it help phimosis (asking for a friend)

shiftwork2

Is it just affection from the middle-aged that means Bez will be sporadically in the media for the rest of our lives?  Or is he a lizard.

phantom_power

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 21, 2021, 09:27:56 AM
Is it just affection from the middle-aged that means Bez will be sporadically in the media for the rest of our lives?  Or is he a lizard.

He is a good go-to for some daft bollocks on a slow day

Blue Jam

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 18, 2021, 03:31:27 PM

Good for Daniel Andrews.

To be fair I was reading earlier that some of the players are complaining not because the food or shampoo are crap but because the hotel is infested with mice, which is a different matter.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 21, 2021, 01:27:23 PM
To be fair I was reading earlier that some of the players are complaining not because the food or shampoo are crap but because the hotel is infested with mice, which is a different matter.

Mice? They're in Australia, the hotel could be infested with something far worse.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 21, 2021, 01:57:44 PM
Mice? They're in Australia, the hotel could be infested with something far worse.

Yeah small mercies I guess - if they weren't locked down the place would be full of Australians.

Bazooka

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 21, 2021, 01:27:23 PM

Not that I condone killing the mice, but a fucking tennis racket is the optimal rodent smasher.

El Unicornio, mang

just get a cat in, that's what they were invented for

king_tubby

evilcommiedictator

Party at a Jewish Girl's High School broken up? This doesn't look good for Jeremy Crobbins

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: king_tubby on January 22, 2021, 11:36:45 AM
400 people! Fucking hell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55764673

When the police go to events like these, do they tell the people they fine that they must also self-isolate for 10 days? That would seem to make sense. I don't know if they can trace everyone who attended, fine them and tell them to isolate for 10 days.

jobotic

Seems to be a problem with some in the Orthodox community who see these big events as crucial to their religious practice.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/when-covid-19-rules-are-flouted-ultra-orthodox-jews-it-ncna1243590

On the one hand they are plums, on the other there are plenty of other religious groups whining on about places of worship not being exempt from lockdowns.