Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:51:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 22, 2021, 12:02:26 PM
I don't know if they can trace everyone who attended, fine them and tell them to isolate for 10 days.

monitor them with ankle bracelets and shoot on sight if they ever leave their homes

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on January 22, 2021, 01:16:23 PM
Seems to be a problem with some in the Orthodox community who see these big events as crucial to their religious practice.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/when-covid-19-rules-are-flouted-ultra-orthodox-jews-it-ncna1243590

On the one hand they are plums, on the other there are plenty of other religious groups whining on about places of worship not being exempt from lockdowns.

God doesn't exist. The virus does.

bgmnts

Religious people are by their nature thick as fuck right? So this is supposed to be expected.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on January 22, 2021, 02:14:49 PM
Religious people are by their nature thick as fuck right? So this is supposed to be expected.

Reductionist. I don't intelligence has anything to do with this mentality.

bgmnts

Atrending a wedding during a pandemic seems pretty unintelligent to me tbh.

I suppose maybe mix thick and stubborn.

JamesTC

God will protect them so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on January 22, 2021, 01:16:23 PM
Seems to be a problem with some in the Orthodox community who see these big events as crucial to their religious practice.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/when-covid-19-rules-are-flouted-ultra-orthodox-jews-it-ncna1243590

On the one hand they are plums, on the other there are plenty of other religious groups whining on about places of worship not being exempt from lockdowns.
it's the dour scots who are up in arms. In England the CofE mostly is voluntarily shutting its churches because the exemption here is clearly ridiculous

Gurke and Hare

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteWinterbottom said today: "The first wave of the Covid-19 pandemic will be remembered forever. A time when the country came together to battle an invisible enemy. A time when people were more aware than ever of the importance of community. Our series weaves together countless true stories - from Boris Johnson in Number 10 to front line workers around the country - chronicling the efforts of scientists, doctors, care home workers and policy makers to protect us from the virus".

*vomits*

I don't think the country ever came together during the first wave. I think it left us more divided that ever. There were plenty of people not obeying the rules/denying COVID throughout 2020.

bgmnts

What the fuck is he taking the piss or...?

buttgammon

Apart from The Trip, pretty much any other Winterbottom stuff I've seen has been pretty dreadful, so at least I'm not tempted to watch that.

Bazooka

It's the coming together that causes all the deaths in the first place.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 23, 2021, 04:38:43 PM
https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/kenneth-branagh-to-play-boris-johnson-in-five-part_53226.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=23January2021

Gee, I can't wait to settle down in front of the telly to be reminded of this joyous period in my life.
oh I bet it will be a true and accurate picture of BoJo's "handling" of the crisis and not a 45 minute slorp of his hole

Cuellar

My fucking brother moaning that his cleaner isn't coming in today, so he'll have to clean his flat himself cos they've got a viewing tomorrow. Apparently she hasn't been for 2 weeks. She's got 'diabetes and loads of other things'.

Don't worry though, when she's in they go out and leave the windows open.

I DESPAIR of this prick sometimes.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on January 26, 2021, 12:17:39 PM
My fucking brother moaning that his cleaner isn't coming in today, so he'll have to clean his flat himself cos they've got a viewing tomorrow. Apparently she hasn't been for 2 weeks. She's got 'diabetes and loads of other things'.

Don't worry though, when she's in they go out and leave the windows open.

I DESPAIR of this prick sometimes.

I'll come and clean his flat

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 23, 2021, 10:52:36 PM
oh I bet it will be a true and accurate picture of BoJo's "handling" of the crisis and not a 45 minute slorp of his hole

probably neither. More a chin-stroking exercise for the middle-class to have a wry chuckle at "the buffoon" but also to say "Branagh's portrayal was warm and nuanced, shone a new light on the Prime Minister's struggles during some of the hardest times of our lives...Imogen".

Zetetic

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 26, 2021, 12:49:44 PM
probably neither. More a chin-stroking exercise for the middle-class to have a wry chuckle at "the buffoon" but also to say "Branagh's portrayal was warm and nuanced, shone a new light on the Prime Minister's struggles during some of the hardest times of our lives...Imogen".

Another artist who is nothing more than an establishment gatekeeper, rewriting reality for the plebs.... Thanks for that Mr. Winterbottom. Thanks.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: bgmnts on January 26, 2021, 07:30:08 PM
Some of the replies are lovely though.

"Stone Roses terrible second album goes close"

Brilliant!!

evilcommiedictator

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he is "deeply sorry" after the UK became the first country in Europe to pass 100,000 coronavirus-related deaths.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-27/uk-covid-deaths-top-100000-highest-in-europe-johnson-sorry/13093770

QuoteMr Johnson, speaking during a press conference at Downing Street, offered his "deepest condolences" to those who had lost a loved one to the virus. "It's hard to compute the sorrow contained in that grim statistic," he said. "The years of life lost, the family gatherings not attended and for so many relatives the missed chance even to say goodbye."

"I am deeply sorry for every life that has been lost and of course, as Prime Minister, I take full responsibility for everything the Government has done," he said. "We truly did everything we could and continue to do everything we can to minimise loss of life and to minimise suffering during a very, very difficult stage in a very, very difficult crisis for our country."

scarecrow

I forgive you, Boris, but this is your very last chance.

Fambo Number Mive

Tory councillor for Brown Edge and Ednon in Staffordshire:

QuoteSorry, but @BorisJohnson cannot be personally blamed for the UK's over 100,000 Covid-related deaths. The Prime Minister and Government have done everything possible to lead our country through this difficult period. Please could people move away from a vicious blame game culture.

https://twitter.com/JoePorterUK/status/1354119855281238021

He claims he received death threats as a result of this tweet:

QuoteThank you for all the death threats, personal abuse and horrible comments after a busy day of work and helping elderly and vulnerable people in the community, much appreciated. Goodnight all.

https://twitter.com/JoePorterUK/status/1354190924490932230

I condemn any death threats or personal abuse this man received as a result of his previous tweet.

BlodwynPig

Norton Canes

Took me a while to realise why that article was blaming car manufacturers