Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,358
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:09:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pingus

Quote from: bgmnts on January 27, 2021, 10:35:14 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/27/rodney-baker-canada-vaccine-indigenous-first-nations-scandal

Millionaire is cunt shocker.
It seems a lot of hassle to go to for 2 healthy young people who aren't at much risk of the virus. The whole point of the vaccine is that it only works on a population level. I guess that's a difficult concept for millionaires to understand, that you can't just solve this by spending money on yourselves

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: pingus on January 30, 2021, 12:29:09 PM
It seems a lot of hassle to go to for 2 healthy young people who aren't at much risk of the virus. The whole point of the vaccine is that it only works on a population level. I guess that's a difficult concept for millionaires to understand, that you can't just solve this by spending money on yourselves
Maybe they really want to get back to their hobby of having orgies in care homes?

bomb_dog

My goodness gracious me. This cunt. 3,600 likes and frightening amounts of 'yeah! Everyone's too frightened to say this!'-type agreement. It's like an Alf Garnett character careering round the right-left spectrum and coming out right-wing again.

I was sent this as a WhatsApp 'joke' in all seriousness.

bgmnts

Is this an Al Murray type thing or is he just a right wing?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: bgmnts on January 31, 2021, 09:25:53 PM
Is this an Al Murray type thing or is he just a right wing?

He's a right winger doing a right wing character for plausible deniability. Not sure how that's supposed to work exactly but it seems to satisfy his right wing audience.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 31, 2021, 09:31:04 PM
He's a right winger doing a right wing character for plausible deniability. Not sure how that's supposed to work exactly but it seems to satisfy his right wing audience.

BBC have got him on QT and HIGNFY I hear.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"you've cocked it right up an't ya" yes mr shouty-man, over 100,000 dead, you guys are doing amazing.

BritishHobo

Why do right-wingers online always write shit like this in response to these types of 'truth-telling' rants:

QuoteHilarious. I'm confused though. Every word was true. How can a simple statement of truth make my face ache from laughing. I've seen this 3 times and will continue...

Just say it's funny

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: bomb_dog on January 31, 2021, 09:21:02 PM
My goodness gracious me. This cunt. 3,600 likes and frightening amounts of 'yeah! Everyone's too frightened to say this!'-type agreement. It's like an Alf Garnett character careering round the right-left spectrum and coming out right-wing again.

I was sent this as a WhatsApp 'joke' in all seriousness.
Last time I saw Andrew Lawrence he was doing material about how the working classes are all scum, and now he's pretending to be one? Why is it always the ones who couldn't knock a skin off a rice pudding who're calling on us to go punch van der Leyden in the tits?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 01, 2021, 08:45:37 AM
Last time I saw Andrew Lawrence he was doing material about how the working classes are all scum, and now he's pretending to be one? Why is it always the ones who couldn't knock a skin off a rice pudding who're calling on us to go punch van der Leyden in the tits?
One of my relatives dropped a long-winded pizza analogy in the family group chat to explain what happened with AstraZeneca (ooh the EU are having a tantrum because the UK ordered their pizza early while they were still squabbling and now they've banned Ireland from seeing Northern Ireland) and I was so tempted to say "yeah you forgot the bit where the UK decided they didn't want any fucking foreigners selling them their foreign pizza and also the bit where nobody in Westminster even thought about the consequences leaving the EU would have on Northern Ireland" but it's not worth the row.

frajer

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 01, 2021, 08:06:57 AM
Why do right-wingers online always write shit like this in response to these types of 'truth-telling' rants:

Hilarious. I'm confused though. Every word was true. How can a simple statement of truth make my face ache from laughing. I've seen this 3 times and will continue...

Just say it's funny

It's because they're all self-important blowhards, the sort who have to "hold court" at the pub rather than just go in for a fucking drink, and routinely surprise you with their unique opinion that the best Christmas film is actually Die Hard.

Fambo Number Mive

D'Angelo Wallace has made a really good video about the behaviour of influencers during the pandemic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDb6-9-MTw4

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteAustrian police have put 96 foreigners, including Britons, into mandatory quarantine after they were caught breaching Covid-19 restrictions by taking a skiing holiday.

They are suspected of using loopholes to stay at the St Anton am Arlberg resort. Some registered local addresses or said they were seeking work.

Each could now face a fine of up to €2,180 (£1,921; $2,633).

Austrian ski slopes remain open for locals, but not for foreigners.

Police said the foreigners included Danes, Swedes, Germans, Irish, Romanians, Poles and Australians. It is not yet clear how many British have been quarantined. All of them must also show coronavirus PCR tests...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55888856

frajer

QuoteEach could now face a fine of up to €2,180 (£1,921; $2,633).

If they cannot pay, they have to eat their skis before they're allowed home. Get Jigsaw on the fucking case.

Gurke and Hare

Andrew Lawrence blocked me on Twitter for replying to his tweet complaining about how he's banned from the BBC with a link to the listing for his show on 4 Extra that same day. Fucking cancel culture snowflake.

Norton Canes

Wealthy home workers retreat to their sheds

QuoteCharles Walton says a shed allows you to spend time alone

I bet it does, you dirty bollocks.

Norton Canes

Quote"It's that ability to take some time with yourself," he says

Filthy fucker. Get back in your wank hut.

Fambo Number Mive

It says a lot about the BBC that they don't focus on normal people buying a normal garden shed with windows and using it as a summer office/writing room. That might inspire the plebs to do it. No, let's have another look at what those hard working wealthy people are doing with massive luxury double glazed heated sheds as we tug our forelocks.

No doubt when the Tories relax planning restrictions further many of them will be rented out as homes.

QuoteBut for those who aren't lucky enough to have a posh shed, Dr Amati has a few tips to create a boundary between work and home.

Yes, don't try and do this with an ordinary shed. You'll just embarrass yourself.

BlodwynPig

Pranet

So, work colleague today, same one as said that it would have been better if they had come up with the vaccine sooner, said to me today, why do the government keep giving people money, they are talking about extending furlough, they should stop it.

So I said, well, you know when you walk through town, and all the shops and the restaurants and cafes and cinemas pubs and so on are shut, well if everybody suddenly has to live on Universal Credit then no one will be spending money anywhere and then the economy will be even more fucked than it already is and it sort of came out of nowhere and I wasn't really prepared but I did my best.

Thing is, I don't think this came from a sort of tory anti culture of dependency all this will have to paid for sort of place, I don't think it was anything as coherent but wrong as that, or an evil disregard of what happens to other people, I think it came from a place of not understanding some fairly basic things about how the world works. Like, why the government is paying for people to be furloughed and what would happen if they didn't.

So what I'm saying I've had it with democracy. This person's vote should not be worth as much as mine.

jenna appleseed

Johnny Yesno

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 03, 2021, 12:38:46 PM
Utter disbelief

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55917374

*Rises from chair and enters the gun room. Enters 5 digit security number of screen of safe and retrieves a single bullet. Unlocks the cabinet and takes out my prized Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum. Places bullet in gun. Leaves house and strolls to copse at back of property. Places end of revolver at the intersection of neck and chin. Pulls trigger.*

JamesTC

Imagining the new head of MI5 starting the meeting by handing out copies of Johnny English.

bgmnts

Fucking around on radio talks shows and comparing a real pandemic to a film does seem like the behaviour of a man who bears the full weight of responsibility in killing over 100k people.

Fambo Number Mive

Did Matt Hancock agree to take on the role of health secretary after binge watching the latest series of Casualty?