Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Listening to people talking about what a fucking success COVID has been for breaking down barriers in healthcare data and getting to do work they'd always wanted to do.

Struggling to resist unmuting to ask where the 100,000k dead factor into all of that.

Can't wait for "professionalisation" to kick in and I can finally be put living into the tomb.

Norton Canes

KPMG boss Bill Michael quits after 'stop moaning' row

QuoteThe UK chairman of KPMG has resigned following a row over comments he made at a meeting on Monday.

Bill Michael had reportedly told consultants to "stop moaning" about the impact of the pandemic and lockdown on people's lives, and to stop "playing the victim card"

bgmnts

I think the apology has lost almost any meaning whatsoever. Did it have any meaning? Has anyone who consistently does and says shit things ever meant it when they issued an apology? I have no idea. I'm in the abyss.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on February 12, 2021, 07:03:11 PM
I think the apology has lost almost any meaning whatsoever. Did it have any meaning? Has anyone who consistently does and says shit things ever meant it when they issued an apology? I have no idea. I'm in the abyss.

I'm sorry.

Garlic Fozz....

Cuellar

Can't wait to shop, christ, I'm so desperate for a shop. Just got to shop, on a street. Please. Let me go onto a street and shop.

frajer

Now It's Ready, Steady, Drop! Dead That Is!!

"Lockdown is keeping people safe but stopping them spending money, so obviously this cannot be allowed to continue," Boris wanked on and on, as if he wasn't just a piece of shit.

Fambo Number Mive

Meanwhile Tim Martin wants the pubs open in April and some Tory MPs want all restrictions gone by May.

I really don't want a summer lockdown but these idiots are making it more likely.

Fambo Number Mive

Lots of reports of people having illegal parties and other types of gatherings but I think calling your makeshift bar the COVID arms before inviting people around is an extra level of thumbing your nose at everyone trying to comply with the lockdown. Only the owner was fined in that case, everyone else was allowed to leave.

olliebean

The next lockdown will be too late, presumably, like all the others. Probably even later this time because Johnson will resist it for longer having gone on about how the easing of restrictions this time has to be "irreversible."

frajer

Presumably he's already practicing his solemn face while saying "hindsight" in the mirror.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

SpiderChrist

The Culture Bunker

Yeah, that's the same nonsense he put up on Twitter.

olliebean

What does "We are as we are as nature that so we be" even mean?

frajer

Quote from: olliebean on February 19, 2021, 04:51:27 PM
What does "We are as we are as nature that so we be" even mean?

Can't help reading that in Charlie Kelly's voice. "So do. So doooo."

dissolute ocelot

Gwyneth Paltrow was suffering from long COVID but now she's consulted a chiropractor and will sell you a selection of products to help treat long COVID including "a $220 pair of hiking shoes, a $145 hiking tank top, and an $8,600 gold necklace" and "a $500 infrared sauna blanket, a $98 oil, a $125 serum, and $125 overnight acid peel".

buttgammon

What the fuck is an 'infrared sauna blanket'? That's just a random assortment of words from a spam email.

frajer

I did have long COVID but now thanks to Gwyneth Paltrow's advice I no longer suffer with a house.

Fambo Number Mive

Man who owns four restaurants in Central London is given a column in the Daily Mail to shout "Restaurants are safe" https://twitter.com/kelly_welles/status/1363771292722360322

Can I also nominate the man who didn't put his hand to his mouth when he coughed? We were on a narrow path and he wasn't wearing a mask, he was about 2m from me when he coughed and we were walking towards each other. I couldn't cross the road because it was a three lane A road with cars whizzing along.

Nearly a year into the pandemic and people still aren't putting their hand to their mouth or coughing into their elbow. He looked so happy as he walked past me having coughed everywhere. What a fuckwit.

ajsmith2

Fairly cringeworthy homage to 'Zulu'/Rourke's drift with media class skeptics (Delingpole, Hartley Brewer et al) playing themselves as the plucky pith helmeted heros gunning down an army of, er,'Karens' a term that in their universe is seemingly somehow synonymous with anyone who believes the lockdown is necessary (should have gone with NPC instead if they wanted to force in a slightly dated buzzword: at least that term is broad enough to make some kind of logical sense). 'Lockdown Skeptics Will Not Yield' indeed.

https://youtu.be/J2pRhYJ4mdc

Bazooka

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 22, 2021, 11:58:28 AM
Gwyneth Paltrow was suffering from long COVID but now she's consulted a chiropractor and will sell you a selection of products to help treat long COVID including "a $220 pair of hiking shoes, a $145 hiking tank top, and an $8,600 gold necklace" and "a $500 infrared sauna blanket, a $98 oil, a $125 serum, and $125 overnight acid peel".

Oof that oil is a bit expensive.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: ajsmith2 on February 23, 2021, 05:50:51 PM
Fairly cringeworthy homage to 'Zulu'/Rourke's drift with media class skeptics (Delingpole, Hartley Brewer et al) playing themselves as the plucky pith helmeted heros gunning down an army of, er,'Karens' a term that in their universe is seemingly somehow synonymous with anyone who believes the lockdown is necessary (should have gone with NPC instead if they wanted to force in a slightly dated buzzword: at least that term is broad enough to make some kind of logical sense). 'Lockdown Skeptics Will Not Yield' indeed.

https://youtu.be/J2pRhYJ4mdc
Bad comparison really. They lost in the end.

keir

Not to be outdone by Ian Brown, the drummer out of Shed Seven has done a poem called "War On Civil Liberties Conscientious Objector". This was in October, don't know how I missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRrrBB6ek8

jamiefairlie

Quote from: keir on February 26, 2021, 11:10:32 PM
the drummer out of Shed Seven

Surely the most 'Ken' job description of all?

'Must have absolutely no memorable personal characteristics'

flotemysost

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 22, 2021, 02:26:50 PM
Man who owns four restaurants in Central London is given a column in the Daily Mail to shout "Restaurants are safe" https://twitter.com/kelly_welles/status/1363771292722360322

Surely the biggest travesty here is that this person was allowed to be called Ranald Macdonald, instead of Ranald Macdanald (or indeed the obvious and ironic alternative alluded to in all the comments below). Haven't heard such an unsatisfying name since Chris Noth.