Author Topic: The worst responses to the coronavirus  (Read 151163 times)

Zetetic

• I wasn't supposed to be around this long, so…
Re: The worst responses to the coronavirus
« Reply #1950 on: February 11, 2021, 11:54:02 AM »
Listening to people talking about what a fucking success COVID has been for breaking down barriers in healthcare data and getting to do work they'd always wanted to do.

Struggling to resist unmuting to ask where the 100,000k dead factor into all of that.

Can't wait for "professionalisation" to kick in and I can finally be put living into the tomb.

Norton Canes

• He's nerveless and full of dancing!
« Reply #1951 on: February 12, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »
KPMG boss Bill Michael quits after 'stop moaning' row

The UK chairman of KPMG has resigned following a row over comments he made at a meeting on Monday.

Bill Michael had reportedly told consultants to "stop moaning" about the impact of the pandemic and lockdown on people's lives, and to stop "playing the victim card"

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #1952 on: February 12, 2021, 07:03:11 PM »
I think the apology has lost almost any meaning whatsoever. Did it have any meaning? Has anyone who consistently does and says shit things ever meant it when they issued an apology? I have no idea. I'm in the abyss.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #1953 on: February 12, 2021, 07:27:01 PM »
I think the apology has lost almost any meaning whatsoever. Did it have any meaning? Has anyone who consistently does and says shit things ever meant it when they issued an apology? I have no idea. I'm in the abyss.

I'm sorry.

Garlic Fozz....

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #1954 on: February 12, 2021, 11:33:31 PM »
Not even a proper fake apology!

« Reply #1955 on: February 15, 2021, 10:37:56 AM »

Cuellar

• I'm over here
« Reply #1956 on: February 15, 2021, 10:41:12 AM »
Can't wait to shop, christ, I'm so desperate for a shop. Just got to shop, on a street. Please. Let me go onto a street and shop.

« Reply #1957 on: February 15, 2021, 10:47:16 AM »
Now It's Ready, Steady, Drop! Dead That Is!!

"Lockdown is keeping people safe but stopping them spending money, so obviously this cannot be allowed to continue," Boris wanked on and on, as if he wasn't just a piece of shit.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #1958 on: February 15, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »
Meanwhile Tim Martin wants the pubs open in April and some Tory MPs want all restrictions gone by May.

I really don't want a summer lockdown but these idiots are making it more likely.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #1959 on: February 16, 2021, 09:36:42 AM »
Lots of reports of people having illegal parties and other types of gatherings but I think calling your makeshift bar the COVID arms before inviting people around is an extra level of thumbing your nose at everyone trying to comply with the lockdown. Only the owner was fined in that case, everyone else was allowed to leave.

« Reply #1960 on: February 16, 2021, 11:59:44 AM »
The next lockdown will be too late, presumably, like all the others. Probably even later this time because Johnson will resist it for longer having gone on about how the easing of restrictions this time has to be "irreversible."

« Reply #1961 on: February 16, 2021, 12:18:18 PM »
Presumably he's already practicing his solemn face while saying "hindsight" in the mirror.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

• Living proof of everything wrong with the world

SpiderChrist

• "the law of averages says you'll survive"
« Reply #1964 on: February 19, 2021, 05:59:54 AM »
Not sure if it’s the same sentiment, but

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLW5A_IjvG7/?igshid=jibnd04l2s4y

« Reply #1965 on: February 19, 2021, 08:59:56 AM »
Yeah, that's the same nonsense he put up on Twitter.

« Reply #1966 on: February 19, 2021, 04:51:27 PM »
What does "We are as we are as nature that so we be" even mean?

« Reply #1967 on: February 19, 2021, 05:00:34 PM »
What does "We are as we are as nature that so we be" even mean?

Can't help reading that in Charlie Kelly's voice. "So do. So doooo."

« Reply #1968 on: February 20, 2021, 02:20:27 AM »
Not sure if it’s the same sentiment, but

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLW5A_IjvG7/?igshid=jibnd04l2s4y
oh okay it's some dipshit on the mushrooms

« Reply #1970 on: February 22, 2021, 11:58:28 AM »
Gwyneth Paltrow was suffering from long COVID but now she's consulted a chiropractor and will sell you a selection of products to help treat long COVID including "a $220 pair of hiking shoes, a $145 hiking tank top, and an $8,600 gold necklace" and "a $500 infrared sauna blanket, a $98 oil, a $125 serum, and $125 overnight acid peel".

buttgammon

• Leave him Tony, he's not worth it
« Reply #1971 on: February 22, 2021, 12:17:48 PM »
What the fuck is an 'infrared sauna blanket'? That's just a random assortment of words from a spam email.

« Reply #1972 on: February 22, 2021, 01:05:06 PM »
I did have long COVID but now thanks to Gwyneth Paltrow’s advice I no longer suffer with a house.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
« Reply #1973 on: February 22, 2021, 02:26:50 PM »
Man who owns four restaurants in Central London is given a column in the Daily Mail to shout "Restaurants are safe" https://twitter.com/kelly_welles/status/1363771292722360322

Can I also nominate the man who didn't put his hand to his mouth when he coughed? We were on a narrow path and he wasn't wearing a mask, he was about 2m from me when he coughed and we were walking towards each other. I couldn't cross the road because it was a three lane A road with cars whizzing along.

Nearly a year into the pandemic and people still aren't putting their hand to their mouth or coughing into their elbow. He looked so happy as he walked past me having coughed everywhere. What a fuckwit.

« Reply #1974 on: February 23, 2021, 05:50:51 PM »
Fairly cringeworthy homage to ‘Zulu’/Rourke’s drift with media class skeptics (Delingpole, Hartley Brewer et al) playing themselves as the plucky pith helmeted heros gunning down an army of, er,‘Karens’ a term that in their universe is seemingly somehow synonymous with anyone who believes the lockdown is necessary (should have gone with NPC instead if they wanted to force in a slightly dated buzzword: at least that term is broad enough to make some kind of logical sense). ‘Lockdown Skeptics Will Not Yield’ indeed.

https://youtu.be/J2pRhYJ4mdc

« Reply #1975 on: February 23, 2021, 06:11:15 PM »
Gwyneth Paltrow was suffering from long COVID but now she's consulted a chiropractor and will sell you a selection of products to help treat long COVID including "a $220 pair of hiking shoes, a $145 hiking tank top, and an $8,600 gold necklace" and "a $500 infrared sauna blanket, a $98 oil, a $125 serum, and $125 overnight acid peel".

Oof that oil is a bit expensive.

Mr Banlon

• If you're gonna go nog, you gotta go Mingus
« Reply #1976 on: February 23, 2021, 07:25:26 PM »
Fairly cringeworthy homage to ‘Zulu’/Rourke’s drift with media class skeptics (Delingpole, Hartley Brewer et al) playing themselves as the plucky pith helmeted heros gunning down an army of, er,‘Karens’ a term that in their universe is seemingly somehow synonymous with anyone who believes the lockdown is necessary (should have gone with NPC instead if they wanted to force in a slightly dated buzzword: at least that term is broad enough to make some kind of logical sense). ‘Lockdown Skeptics Will Not Yield’ indeed.

https://youtu.be/J2pRhYJ4mdc
Bad comparison really. They lost in the end.

« Reply #1977 on: February 26, 2021, 11:10:32 PM »
Not to be outdone by Ian Brown, the drummer out of Shed Seven has done a poem called "War On Civil Liberties Conscientious Objector". This was in October, don't know how I missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRrrBB6ek8

« Reply #1978 on: February 27, 2021, 10:43:49 PM »
the drummer out of Shed Seven

Surely the most 'Ken' job description of all?

'Must have absolutely no memorable personal characteristics'

« Reply #1979 on: February 27, 2021, 11:38:54 PM »
Man who owns four restaurants in Central London is given a column in the Daily Mail to shout "Restaurants are safe" https://twitter.com/kelly_welles/status/1363771292722360322

Surely the biggest travesty here is that this person was allowed to be called Ranald Macdonald, instead of Ranald Macdanald (or indeed the obvious and ironic alternative alluded to in all the comments below). Haven't heard such an unsatisfying name since Chris Noth.

Tags: