Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:02:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

I can't believe an organisation headed by Tristram Hunt would behave like that.

Oh hang on...

buttgammon

Before Christmas, I politely asked a man not to get in the lift with me, as per the rules in the building; he called me a s*****c, to which I said he might have heard about the pandemic that was going on, and I walked away to a volley of threats and abuse. I assumed he didn't live in my building because he looked like a down-and-out who had broken in and was trying his luck. It turns out he did live here, and he stopped outside to threaten me, all in front of his very young child, and carried on threatening and swearing at me as I began to walk up the stairs.

Obviously, there were angry, violent, hateful people before the coronavirus but fucking hell, have they increased in number and nastiness over the last year.

Chedney Honks

Dead easy to piss through his letterbox though, presumably.

buttgammon

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 03, 2021, 02:55:05 PM
Dead easy to piss through his letterbox though, presumably.

Sadly, we have a big row of letterboxes in the hall rather than any on the front doors. I also don't know where he lives, but I have narrowed it down to one floor.

Chedney Honks

Burn the fucking building to the ground

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: buttgammon on March 03, 2021, 02:56:30 PM
Sadly, we have a big row of letterboxes in the hall rather than any on the front doors. I also don't know where he lives, but I have narrowed it down to one floor.

Piss in all the letterboxes in the hall for that floor. You can't be expected to worry about collateral damage in this situation.

frajer

Had our friendly regular courier drop off at work yesterday and got chatting. Told me he'd had his first jab but it made him feel so rough he's not going to bother with the second. "What's the point if the cure's worse than catching it?"

Not sure if it's the worst response, but it's got to be up there.

JamesTC

idunnosomename

Am i too late to call that child a stupid little cunt?

Fambo Number Mive

The child in Somerset who sent Boris £10?

It's never too late.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 07, 2021, 02:35:09 PM
The child in Somerset who sent Boris £10?

It's never too late.

Just heard, mum has had to go on benefits and was seen entering a food bank on Thursday. No sign of the little toad. "Sent to Nanna Sheila's"

pigamus

Quote from: frajer on March 06, 2021, 11:49:23 AM
Had our friendly regular courier drop off at work yesterday and got chatting. Told me he'd had his first jab but it made him feel so rough he's not going to bother with the second. "What's the point if the cure's worse than catching it?"

Not sure if it's the worst response, but it's got to be up there.

I've a feeling lots of people are going to do this. My side-effects only lasted 24 hours but it was pretty nasty.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pigamus on March 07, 2021, 03:19:11 PM
I've a feeling lots of people are going to do this. My side-effects only lasted 24 hours but it was pretty nasty.

how nasty...I'll probably get the same - like aching and flu or breathing issues and imminent doom?

pigamus

All day throwing up basically. Thought I had DKA at first.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pigamus on March 07, 2021, 03:38:40 PM
All day throwing up basically. Thought I had DKA at first.

Anyone want my appointment?

Icehaven

I've known at least 7 people have the jab now and none of them have had any side effects. Is it one particular one that gives effects?

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I'd rather spend a couple of days throwing up everything I've ever eaten than risk getting long COVID and being permanently weakened. I didn't spend all those years gittin' strong just for bat pox to undo it all.

canadagoose

As I said in the other thread, I reacted really badly to the vaccine too. I mean, I suppose I'll have the second, but I'm bloody dreading it. Feeling like getting the virus wouldn't really change much for me, seeing as I've got fibro anyway.

Edit: suppose it's for others though, isn't it. Bloody "other people". Wonder why I bother when the brain donors at George Square today just don't give a fuck.

Rev+

Quote from: icehaven on March 07, 2021, 08:55:40 PM
I've known at least 7 people have the jab now and none of them have had any side effects. Is it one particular one that gives effects?

Seems to be the AstraZenica one.  I don't know anyone who's had severe side-effects, but the 'dead arm and feeling like shit' seems to be more of a thing with that one that the Pfizer jobber, which just gives you a 24 hour boner.

BlodwynPig

what determines which you get? supplies, distribution, logistics?

it's going to be AZ I guess. It's like death row* waiting for this now. I fucking hate vomiting (because of glaucoma my eyes feel like they are about to pop out).

*ok, getting to the top of a particularly terrifying rollercoaster

king_tubby

Quote from: icehaven on March 07, 2021, 08:55:40 PM

I had the AZ on Saturday morning. Went to bed about 10 feeling a bit off (achey, tired), didn't really sleep, spent 1am to 3am feeling absolutely stoned off my box, then more interrupted sleep till 9am when I had a headache and took some paracetemol. Woke up at 11am feeling fine, spent the day a bit tired and achey and now all I've got is a slight pain in the injection site.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on March 08, 2021, 08:31:38 AM
I had the AZ on Saturday morning. Went to bed about 10 feeling a bit off (achey, tired), didn't really sleep, spent 1am to 3am feeling absolutely stoned off my box, then more interrupted sleep till 9am when I had a headache and took some paracetemol. Woke up at 11am feeling fine, spent the day a bit tired and achey and now all I've got is a slight pain in the injection site.

Glad to hear it pig champion.

king_tubby

Thanks.

Gonna stick that on the vax thread too - hopefully put some peoples' minds at rest.

Fambo Number Mive

Some restaurants in Texas still (rightly) ask their customers to wear face masks. Some people couldn't cope with a business requiring its customers to take basic COVID precautions, threatening owners and staff members, and even assaulting a staff member:

Quote...This week, after Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday that he would rescind the statewide mask mandate while the vast majority of residents remain unvaccinated, the tough choice to enforce public health guidance fell to business owners, and Picos announced it would continue requiring masks. But, after such a challenging year, the reaction to their decision was disheartening, co-owner Monica Richards said: Several people sent hateful messages through social media and called the restaurant, threatening to report staffers to Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"It was just horrific," Richards said. "People don't understand unless you're in our business what it felt like, how hard it was to go through everything we went through during COVID. For people to be negative toward us for trying to remain safe, so that this doesn't continue to happen, just makes zero sense to us."

...."This has been ongoing through COVID," O'Sullivan said. "We've had threats of calling IE. I had one guy just stand there and berate one of my bartenders and tell her 'you're an absolute idiot, you don't know what you're doing. If you think these masks are going to save your life, you're stupid' blah, blah, blah. Nobody wants to deal with that stuff."

One employee of Grand Prize Bar in December had to get stitches after he was hit in the head with a glass by a maskless customer he approached, Houston Police said...

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/07/texas-businesses-masks-threats/

I imagine a lot of these bigots are ultraconservative and want to portray themselves as being pro-business and supporting freedom while not respecting the right of private businesses to require masks to enter them during a pandemic. Such hypocrites.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

another Mr. Lizard

Rangers fans congregating and celebrating in Glasgow was bad enough, but 200 fans in a part of Northamptonshire known as 'Little Scotland' have now apparently joined in. Police fines issued etc.

This doesn't look good for Corby.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 08, 2021, 10:27:36 AM
Some restaurants in Texas still (rightly) ask their customers to wear face masks. Some people couldn't cope with a business requiring its customers to take basic COVID precautions, threatening owners and staff members, and even assaulting a staff member:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/07/texas-businesses-masks-threats/

I imagine a lot of these bigots are ultraconservative and want to portray themselves as being pro-business and supporting freedom while not respecting the right of private businesses to require masks to enter them during a pandemic. Such hypocrites.

Just exterminate them. Pointless to society. I bet they are fat too.

phantom_power

Any cunt getting the #sackChrisWhitty trending. Some of the abuse he gets for stating scientific opinion is incredible. People saying he is doing it for the publicity. People saying he has no wife, kids or friends so is probably happier in lockdown. People fundamentally misunderstanding the concept of a vaccine and thinking that if it doesn't make everything all back to "normal" again then it is a failure. "Either the vaccine works or it doesn't. Make your minds up nerds!" They don't seem to understand that the vaccine might be successful but success doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will be safe from the virus

They just treat him like a celebrity with opinions that may be right or wrong rather than an eminent leader of his field. This idea that opinion trumps facts and one person's view on something is just as valid as another's is one of the worst things that has come from Twitter