Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Cursus on March 24, 2020, 07:11:43 AM

1% would still be a death toll of 700 million people if everyone had it.

imitationleather

But if it was The 1% who died I'd be all for it amirite Cook'd and Bomb'd?!?!?!

idunnosomename

if toby young died of it i would laugh and laugh and laugh. such joy.

weekender

Quote from: imitationleather on March 24, 2020, 08:55:33 PM
But if it was The 1% who died I'd be all for it amirite Cook'd and Bomb'd?!?!?!

YEAH!!! 

ALSO MIGHT DEPEND ON OTHER THINGS!!!

GIVE ME A 'WHOO' AND I'LL GIVE YOU A 'YEAH'!!!

olliebean

Quote from: Zetetic on March 24, 2020, 03:58:17 PM
Finding myself increasingly irritated by statements along the lines of "they thought it was pneumonia but it turned out to be coronavirus".

The one I'm getting fed up with is "I/my mate/my uncle had the flu a few months back, but for some reason I can't adequately articulate it wasn't quite like the normal flu, so I reckon that was coronavirus and it's been around longer than any of the experts say."

idunnosomename

looks like the only licking this punk will be doing will be the bars at the county jail!!!!!!!!!!

Fambo Number Mive

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 25, 2020, 11:13:27 AM
looks like the only licking this punk will be doing will be the bars at the county jail!!!!!!!!!!

Probably not the only licking he'll be doing in jail

Puce Moment

El Unicornio, mang

He won't be the only Pfister in the showers if he does!

Hand Solo

Maybe a spell in jail will improve his SHELF ESTEEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JarrowMonkey

Mentioned it before, but still the amount of 'yeah it's terrible, but imagine if Labour were in charge'

The Labour Party didn't cut every single fucking service to the bone, fucking cunts, everyone of them

Jockice

A schoolmate of mine who is now a media bigshot has just put something on Linkdin, a site my name's still on despite my lack of employment or employment prospects. I know this because I got an email saying ****** ***** has shared a post, which he says is 'well worth a read.'

So I read it and it's a load of bollocks. I'll quote some of it: "We're entering a new world and with that comes a new responsibility from brands in their communication efforts. Now is the time to reimagine your communication strategies. Through transparency and responsibility you can build positive sentiment and trust in your brand.'' Then there's more bollocks. Utter bollocks. Verging on 'good day to bury bad news' magnitude bollocks.

Now this bloke was one of my best mates for a long time. Since we met in the early years at secondary school in fact. He was the school punk (or as close as you'd get at a convent school with strict uniform rules) and seemed really glamorous and rebellious. We've been on holiday together several times, we knew each other's families, I'd regularly go and visit him in London. It's died off in the last few years but that's mainly because I rarely go down to the capital anymore and he rarely comes up to his hometown since his dad died (he's never got on with his mum.) We've only met up once in the last five years but we still swap Christmas and birthday greetings.

It's been a long time since I thought of him as anything other than having totally sold out but to post something like that at a time like this. I'm more disappointed than anything. Fuck right off pal!

buttgammon

My uncle sending David Icke videos to all and sundry has to be up there - see also his stock line "fuck it, we're all going to die." The man's a walking advert for anti-drugs campaigns.

phantom_power

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 24, 2020, 11:47:31 AM
Colour me surprised that 'positive eugenicist' Toby Young can see the upside of large numbers of people in a category that he doesn't belong to dying.

I know it is a trite observation but why are there so many eugenicists that would fail their own criteria for survival? (rhetorical question)

Yes there may be a 1% mortality rate but if economic concerns means that is 1% of 10 million rather than 1% of 500,000 then that is a lot of deaths just to keep rich cunts rich

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteHundreds of residents of the budget hotel chain Travelodge, including homeless families housed there by local councils, have been turned out on to the street after it closed its premises.

The chain issued letters to all residents on Tuesday asking them to leave as soon as possible as they were "temporarily closing the hotels until further notice" in the light of the UK government's extended coronavirus physical distancing guidelines issued on Monday.

This appeared to be in defiance of government guidance issued the same day that said that hotels looking after homeless families who had been placed in temporary accommodation at in hotels should not close...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/homeless-travelodge-residents-turned-out-on-to-street-coronavirus

ersatz99

House on our road has raised an England flag in their front garden. Hope we get further than the semis this time.

Jockice

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 25, 2020, 11:14:36 AM
Imagine how the moths must feel.

It's only the nasty ones he fucks. He makes love to the nice ones.

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on March 25, 2020, 12:59:30 PM
A schoolmate of mine who is now a media bigshot has just put something on Linkdin, a site my name's still on despite my lack of employment or employment prospects. I know this because I got an email saying ****** ***** has shared a post, which he says is 'well worth a read.'

So I read it and it's a load of bollocks. I'll quote some of it: "We're entering a new world and with that comes a new responsibility from brands in their communication efforts. Now is the time to reimagine your communication strategies. Through transparency and responsibility you can build positive sentiment and trust in your brand.'' Then there's more bollocks. Utter bollocks. Verging on 'good day to bury bad news' magnitude bollocks.

Now this bloke was one of my best mates for a long time. Since we met in the early years at secondary school in fact. He was the school punk (or as close as you'd get at a convent school with strict uniform rules) and seemed really glamorous and rebellious. We've been on holiday together several times, we knew each other's families, I'd regularly go and visit him in London. It's died off in the last few years but that's mainly because I rarely go down to the capital anymore and he rarely comes up to his hometown since his dad died (he's never got on with his mum.) We've only met up once in the last five years but we still swap Christmas and birthday greetings.

It's been a long time since I thought of him as anything other than having totally sold out but to post something like that at a time like this. I'm more disappointed than anything. Fuck right off pal!

I've just re-read this, mainly through disbelief, and saw several complimentary comments about it. Which turn out to all be from my friend's underlings at the company he works for. And the original piece was written by someone who is above him at the firm.

Fucking hell mate. I'm actually embarrassed on your behalf now. It makes me so SO glad I never 'made it' in the media.

olliebean

Done a few surveys now asking whether and how much and on what subjects I want to hear from "brands" during the outbreak, like I ever want to hear anything about anything from "brands."

Norton Canes

Gonna go out on a limb and say this guy is in with a shout

QuoteUS man shot while 'plotting to bomb hospital'

A 36-year-old man has been killed in a confrontation with FBI agents after allegedly planning to attack a hospital in Missouri with a vehicle bomb.

Timothy Wilson was a "potentially violent extremist" with a record of expressing racial and religious hatred and anti-government sentiment, the FBI said.

He considered several targets, including a school with a large population of black students, a synagogue and a mosque, NBC News reports, quoting FBI officials.

He finally settled on a hospital to cause "maximum casualties", given "the current health crisis", the FBI said. He took "the necessary steps to acquire materials needed to build an explosive device".

Wilson, who was armed, was fatally wounded when FBI agents tried to arrest him on Tuesday in the Missouri town of Belton as he arrived to pick up what he thought was a "vehicle-borne improvised explosive device". "There was no actual bomb," the FBI added

The alleged bomb plotter was "apparently frustrated with local government action to stop the spread of coronavirus", according to NBC News.

Jockice

Quote from: olliebean on March 25, 2020, 09:58:40 PM
Done a few surveys now asking whether and how much and on what subjects I want to hear from "brands" during the outbreak, like I ever want to hear anything about anything from "brands."

Especially not Jo, Russell or Katy.

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Rizla on March 26, 2020, 10:08:18 AM
DARE NOT YE TO DREAM, PEASANT!

That article reads like a defence of centrism. No mention of the super-rich or wealth redistribution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Kettle

He used to write for Marxism Today, but today he comes across as a defender of capitalism. Friend of Blair, thought in 2010 that Cameron was good for the UK. Ugh.

A few months back, I described the restaurateur and TV personality Rick Stein as a "national treasure". Turns out he's actually a massive prick and not a national treasure at all.

Quote from: GraunRick Stein has refused to to pay his workers' wages for over a month while his restaurants are closed, according to the Daily Mail.

The Mail reports that the celebrity chef and TV presenter told staff across the 14 sites they would not be paid until the end of April when the government is scheduled to pay wage subsidies to businesses that have shut down.

The news comes after Gordon Ramsay came under fire for laying off more than 500 staff members at his string of restaurants amid the coronavirus crisis.

Hey Rick, where you going this weekend?

"In grave"

Good.