Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:23:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Drygate

Quote"We didn't get the effect of the asymptomatic transmission which fed into the care homes epidemic. We're learning the whole time and what we want is a proper inquiry."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/24/pubs-should-decide-whether-to-demand-vaccine-passports-pm-says

I can't believe (well I can) Johnson is trying to blame asymptomatic transmission on the care homes debacle and not on their policy to send covid positive patients home from hospital into care homes.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: phes on March 23, 2021, 11:06:15 PM
this is an actual question, as stupid as it sounds: is riding a horse vegan?
Not really. Stricter vegans often oppose keeping animals, whether pets or working animals, and don't want you to use/exploit them, but would rather you didn't kill your horses or let them starve. PETA are known for opposition to pets and want to stop breeding of pets but are ok with you keeping a rescue animal. As are most vegans. But long term in a vegan world, no cats, dogs, or horses will exist (except wild ones).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Drygate on March 25, 2021, 10:38:28 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/24/pubs-should-decide-whether-to-demand-vaccine-passports-pm-says

I can't believe (well I can) Johnson is trying to blame asymptomatic transmission on the care homes debacle and not on their policy to send covid positive patients home from hospital into care homes.

Also handing over responsibility to the inept (publicans). Publican Health Policy...fucking disgraceful

bgmnts

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 25, 2021, 11:50:06 AM
Not really. Stricter vegans often oppose keeping animals, whether pets or working animals, and don't want you to use/exploit them, but would rather you didn't kill your horses or let them starve. PETA are known for opposition to pets and want to stop breeding of pets but are ok with you keeping a rescue animal. As are most vegans. But long term in a vegan world, no cats, dogs, or horses will exist (except wild ones).

Yeah basically I suppose.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 25, 2021, 11:50:06 AM
Do they take a slightly less militant stance against subsistence farmers using things like cows as a means of production in the developing world? It could be argued that is certainly more necessary than keeping pets in in the west.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 25, 2021, 12:04:41 PM
Do they take a slightly less militant stance against subsistence farmers using things like cows as a means of production in the developing world? It could be argued that is certainly more necessary than keeping pets in in the west.

Dunno about vegans in general, but PETA are cunts so probably not.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 25, 2021, 02:18:35 PM

I'll skin you and sell the rest at a wet market if you don't take that back.

bgmnts

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 25, 2021, 02:18:35 PM

Why are PETA cunts?

Kankurette

Comparing the meat industry to the Holocaust and slavery, which pissed off a lot of Jews and black people. That's one thing I definitely remember them doing.

Vegans who own cats and refuse to feed them meat, incidentally, are cunts. I don't eat meat but I still give my cat Felix because, unlike me, he needs it and does not have human morals. I think dogs can cope without meat (though the veggie dog I saw looked miserable) but cats are obligate carnivores. You want a vegan pet, get a hamster or degu or something.

chveik

you might not agree with those comparisons but that doesn't make them cunts.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: bgmnts on March 25, 2021, 02:42:41 PM
Why are PETA cunts?

They are nutters. Fun fact. The old CEO was actually the kid the media used to eat a burger when maccys first came to the UK

Zetetic

I wonder exactly when domestic cats arguably "stopped" being obligate carnivores, insofar as (well-off) humans could fairly easily obtain safe synthetic essentials for them. Sometime between 1910 and 1970, at a guess?

Do most cat foods now contain synthetic taurine and the like?

BlodwynPig

Get rid of cats. Destroyers of all that is good.

Fambo Number Mive

Wealthy member of the establishment sneers at Scotland actually treating its nurses with respect: https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1375003297778634757 (although 4% is too low, it's much better than 1%)

Cuellar

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 25, 2021, 06:38:11 PM
Get rid of cats. Destroyers of all that is good.

Here's an idea - why not get rid of YOU

BlodwynPig

Cuellar

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cuellar on March 25, 2021, 08:06:42 PM
NO

Just started wanting to obliterate cats today, coincidentally. Maybe after watching Dutch strangle a cat to death on the Shield last night.

thugler

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 25, 2021, 12:04:41 PM

Probably depends on the vegan. There's not some official vegan authority who decides these things. I would imagine that if it seems reasonable most vegans would probably think so also.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: thugler on March 26, 2021, 11:45:31 AM
Probably depends on the vegan. There's not some official vegan authority who decides these things. I would imagine that if it seems reasonable most vegans would probably think so also.
Yeah, PETA are opposed to nearly everything (although they were ok with using photographic film made from cows' feet to photograph animal rights abuses). The Vegan Society in the UK recognise that veganism is more about the aspiration of being kind to animals than absolutely positively never harming any animal ever, and are fine with you using animal products if there's no alternative (e.g. drugs or vaccines that contain animal products), although they will point you towards non-animal alternatives and recommend you lobby the relevant authorities/companies. Working horses/oxen/etc could be replaced by machinery or paid labour if money is made available, so that would be the direction they'd take. PETA want guide dogs to be replaced by guide humans.

Zetetic

Quote from: Zetetic on March 15, 2021, 06:58:44 PM
Think some of the UK Government-commissioned private labs might just be RNGs now.
Wasn't even thinking of the Milton Keynes shitshow when I wrote this.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on March 29, 2021, 11:09:30 PM
Wasn't even thinking of the Milton Keynes shitshow when I wrote this.

It's all Bungs & Roundabouts

Head Gardener

bgmnts

Yeah but the cyclist made it worthwhile.

Seems this lad is just an absolute cunt regardless of covid anyway.

frajer

The word narrative used anywhere outside of describing fiction really is an absolute sickener.

Fambo Number Mive

It's incredibly patronising of the guy to imply that anyone who disagrees with him doesn't question what they are told. A.lot.of these types don't seem bothered about presenting an argument but just want to call people stupid. Hopefully his bullshit hasn't persuaded anyone.

Also, given that I can't see any other videos of him doing such things, I wonder if it was a stunt.

BlodwynPig

He just wants his 15 minutes of fame. Starve these cunts of oxygen.

Brundle-Fly

Megaphone guy was the sort of bloke you'd always stuck with at the end of a house party when the spliff comes out. A bit older, done a bit of travelling, bangs on about The Bilderburg Group and how we're all fucked.