Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:52:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 01, 2021, 01:54:21 PM
These stupid cunts and their stickers are STILL appearing round me, it's just madness at this point. What are you protesting about? You won, there's no lockdown, barely any rules, no enforcement of the ones that do exist, you're not compelled to get the vaccine and you don't even think the virus is real. What are you angry about?

Stupid fucking cunts.

They distract people from the actual, real fascistic actions of these government. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Tufton Street pays for the stickers.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: jobotic on September 02, 2021, 02:50:42 PM
They distract people from the actual, real fascistic actions of these government. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Tufton Street pays for the stickers.

This is the thing, there's a LOT to get legitimately angry about. Loads! But these cunts are angry that...the government accept that there's a pandemic. They're cunts and they've gone bananas.

jobotic

It's deliberate. They are, after all, very right-wing, like the government.

Incidentally I took one off a lamppost this morning and it was very sticky. Washed my hands when I got to work though and so far haven't gone down with anythi.....AAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

flotemysost

Quote from: Kankurette on September 02, 2021, 11:53:26 AM
I don't care if other people don't wear one, but I would like to be extended the same courtesy and not be treated like I'm a stupid little girl with no mind of her own. Or a Tory. I hate Johnson, kthx.

I don't think that lot give two airborne hoots who's in charge, tbh. If they were honestly anti-Johnson/Tory, they'd presumably be railing against the many actual despicable policies this administration have put in place which endanger and disenfranchise the public. But they'd be saying the exact same stuff if Jeremy Corbyn or the Dalai Lama or Mr. Blobby was the Prime Minister - they're basically just unhinged New World Order types who are obsessed with the idea that everything's a conspiracy and everyone's trying to take away their freedom. Hugely offensive comparisons to the Holocaust and slavery are par for the course with that lot because they're genuinely convinced everyone's out to get them.

As much as I hate seeing their fucking horrible insensitive stickers everywhere and will continue to deface them as childishly as possible, and as much as I feel they absolutely should be punished for putting that shit up, I really doubt any random passer-by's gonna convert to their cause after glancing at a mask-shaming slogan on a lamppost. I do worry, as others have said, that they're inadvertently functioning as a convenient distraction from the cunts in charge.

Fambo Number Mive

Off topic, but I reckon even Mr Blobby would be a better Prime Minister than Boris Johnson. During the lockdowns he could have gone around chasing people breaking the rules and shouting "blobby blobby blobby", word would soon get around and people would behave.

Not sure how they would vaccinate him though. How does his biology work?

Kankurette

Quote from: jobotic on September 02, 2021, 02:50:42 PM
I keep saying this but the government doesn't need a virus to clamp down on freedoms, and it's a bit funny how they never mention things like the anti-protest bill.
Quote from: flotemysost on September 02, 2021, 05:57:24 PM
I don't think that lot give two airborne hoots who's in charge, tbh. If they were honestly anti-Johnson/Tory, they'd presumably be railing against the many actual despicable policies this administration have put in place which endanger and disenfranchise the public. But they'd be saying the exact same stuff if Jeremy Corbyn or the Dalai Lama or Mr. Blobby was the Prime Minister - they're basically just unhinged New World Order types who are obsessed with the idea that everything's a conspiracy and everyone's trying to take away their freedom. Hugely offensive comparisons to the Holocaust and slavery are par for the course with that lot because they're genuinely convinced everyone's out to get them.

As much as I hate seeing their fucking horrible insensitive stickers everywhere and will continue to deface them as childishly as possible, and as much as I feel they absolutely should be punished for putting that shit up, I really doubt any random passer-by's gonna convert to their cause after glancing at a mask-shaming slogan on a lamppost. I do worry, as others have said, that they're inadvertently functioning as a convenient distraction from the cunts in charge.
So much for people like that Wanking Monk cunt claiming that if you wear a mask you might as well be a Tory.

Cloud

Antivaxxers are dropping dead all over the place. It's hard to stay focused on the "they were brainwashed human beings and had families" aspect, I must admit, a lot of the thoughts are "good, Darwin wins".

rjd2

Quote from: Cloud on September 03, 2021, 12:48:23 AM
Antivaxxers are dropping dead all over the place. It's hard to stay focused on the "they were brainwashed human beings and had families" aspect, I must admit, a lot of the thoughts are "good, Darwin wins".

If Bolsenaro or Trump had died then yes banter and champagne galore.

However with a lot of these people, yes they are morons but they aren't the real enemy and in many cases are victims of their environment .

I dunno,,,tracking down  nobodies on facebook who have stupid covid opinions and then suffer at the hands of covid leaves me queasy.

Drygate

Yeah, that's a very scary and worrying mindset to come across, even on a comedy forum.

Uncle TechTip

They had the same information as everyone else.

Kankurette

I'll start feeling sorry for them when they stop treating old and vulnerable people as expendable, when they ditch the antisemitism and when they actively stop pressuring others to not wear masks and get jabs.

Which is never.

chveik

there's a big difference between what Darwin was about and those fucking darwin awards

Cold Meat Platter

Yeah, the 'Darwin wins' mindset had a few less than lovely adherents last century so I hear.

Drygate

Yeah, it's scary the way it's championed. The extremist stuff on here is pretty bleak too though.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Drygate on September 04, 2021, 05:43:37 PM
Yeah, it's scary the way it's championed. The extremist stuff on here is pretty bleak too though.

No, you're talking shite now.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: rjd2 on September 04, 2021, 03:19:31 AM

I reserve the right to laugh specifically at those three anti-vax american conservative radio hosts who died.

mothman

^ Exactly. Nobody is celebrating the deaths of poor misguided gullible people, often from the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum, and/or with limited/minimal education, who've been suckered into doing things directly counter to their best interests.[nb]Even if they keep doing so, voting for the Tories, Brexit, in this country; for the Republicans across the pond; etc.[/nb] The people though who are knowingly leading them astray, though, good riddance. Though... I say knowingly, maybe they don't, unless they're boldly determined to practice what they preach!

bgmnts

Quote from: mothman on September 04, 2021, 07:57:37 PM
^ Exactly. Nobody is celebrating the deaths of poor misguided gullible people, often from the lower end of the socioeconomic spectrum, and/or with limited/minimal education, who've been suckered into doing things directly counter to their best interests.[nb]Even if they keep doing so, voting for the Tories, Brexit, in this country; for the Republicans across the pond; etc.[/nb] The people though who are knowingly leading them astray, though, good riddance. Though... I say knowingly, maybe they don't, unless they're boldly determined to practice what they preach!

State education goes through basic biology, physics and chemistry if memory serves. No excuse.

Cloud

Quote from: rjd2 on September 04, 2021, 03:19:31 AM

However with a lot of these people, yes they are morons but they aren't the real enemy and in many cases are victims of their environment .

I dunno,,,tracking down  nobodies on facebook who have stupid covid opinions and then suffer at the hands of covid leaves me queasy.

I'm not saying they're nice thoughts to have.  But if we just keep them simmering away unsaid, is it much help?  Better to be honest.  I do know an antivaxxer who is on a vent and wish him a good recovery and hopefully a bit of sense to go with it, but by and large I'm going to confess to at least some rather limited sympathy towards those who are strongly antivax and anti everything etc and now paying for it.

And indeed, I get the rebuke re: stupidity.  More constructive than circle jerking with people who agree on some right wing twatforum and not getting challenged.  But towards those who are anti-mask and actively harmful etc? Really struggling with the sympathy there rather than seeing it as a form of "Darwin", taking out the nastiest ones.

chveik

Quote from: bgmnts on September 04, 2021, 08:18:03 PM
State education goes through basic biology, physics and chemistry if memory serves. No excuse.

in the US though

JamesTC

Anti-vaxxers are just following orders.

Cold Meat Platter

Some people are easily frightened and gullible. See: Graham Linehan's cohorts.
Vulnerable or cunts? Or both?

Zetetic

Quote from: bgmnts on September 04, 2021, 08:18:03 PM
State education goes through basic biology, physics and chemistry if memory serves.
I don't really remember any of these having much relevance to deciding who to trust in this issue.

bgmnts

Quote from: Zetetic on September 05, 2021, 06:10:38 PM
I don't really remember any of these having much relevance to deciding who to trust in this issue.

Because you learn about pathogens and antibodies and how vaccines work in school biology? At least I sort of remember it.

olliebean

Quote from: bgmnts on September 05, 2021, 06:22:23 PM
Because you learn about pathogens and antibodies and how vaccines work in school biology? At least I sort of remember it.

In GCSE level (O level in my day) biology, maybe, but I don't think it was covered in the biology I had to do before I got to choose my subjects. Mind you that was 40-odd years ago, so I daresay the syllabus has changed since.

mothman

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it think. People may have gone to those lessons but not paid attention. People are, more often than not, thick.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Drygate on September 04, 2021, 07:28:01 AM
Yeah, that's a very scary and worrying mindset to come across, even on a comedy forum.
No, fuck them. "OH de doctors are all liars for money and sure you don't know what's in dem vaccines, I'll listen to Professor Facebook and horse worm dose into meself"

fucking Joe Rogan is after getting COVID. Posts on Instagram about all the shite he dosed himself with, including worm dose, and an antibacterial. "I feel fine now". How many thousands of fans are going to see that and go "ah sure I'll get in some worm dose it worked for Joe Rogan".

Zetetic

Quote from: bgmnts on September 05, 2021, 06:22:23 PM
Because you learn about pathogens and antibodies and how vaccines work in school biology?
But this doesn't really help you decide who to trust when it comes to any of this.

bgmnts

Quote from: Zetetic on September 05, 2021, 11:15:15 PM
But this doesn't really help you decide who to trust when it comes to any of this.

Wouldn't you trust the accumulation of hundreds of years of scientific knowledge over some weird gimps who gobble down horse dewormer or whatever?

jobotic

Quote from: Drygate on September 04, 2021, 05:43:37 PM

Pack it in then