Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:27:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

Let's hope nobody tells the council about people going to pick kids up from orphanages.

canadagoose

Here's a shitty response to the coronavirus. I was getting a Megabus from Edinburgh to Aberdeen (that's my holiday for this year, a couple of days up there), but the stupid double-decker piece of shit broke down so they piled us all onto a single-decker instead. It was absolutely packed. How is that even legal? Won't be surprised if that bus was full of Covid.

(Then the train I was getting back home also broke down so we had to wait on the next one, but it wasn't quite as bad)

evilcommiedictator

When is his cookbook coming out?

....and Ladies, this 62-year old fitter is unmarried!

Fambo Number Mive

On the train today, they had a bloke going up and down the carriages several times without a mask cleaning the tops of seats. I know some rail staff will be exempt from wearing a mask, but wouldn't it have made more sense to get someone who could wear a mask to do a job that involves getting within 1 metre of passengers during a pandemic?

mothman

https://twitter.com/nickiminaj/status/1437532566945341441?s=21

Quote from: Nicki MinajMy cousin in Trinidad won't get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. His friend was weeks away from getting married, now the girl called off the wedding. So just pray on it & make sure you're comfortable with ur decision, not bullied

Subsequent Tweets would seem to indicate she's advising people to get vaccinated, so not sure what she's playing at here...

canadagoose

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 13, 2021, 02:49:31 PM
On the train today, they had a bloke going up and down the carriages several times without a mask cleaning the tops of seats. I know some rail staff will be exempt from wearing a mask, but wouldn't it have made more sense to get someone who could wear a mask to do a job that involves getting within 1 metre of passengers during a pandemic?
Travel vessels seem like total nightmares these days with the lack of masks and overcrowding. Not too long until it all gets restricted again I think.

Fambo Number Mive

I was walking along the same day and I saw a single decker bus go passed absolutely rammed with people, as in people were standing by the bus driver. A lot of people weren't wearing masks. Thankfully most buses here aren't nearly as busy as that but you would have thought they'd tell bus drivers to only allow a certain number of standing passengers at the very least. It does also show that people are ignoring the Government's quiet whisper to "wear face masks in crowded situations".

scarecrow

I work by my window and have started to notice loads of busy buses going past with all the windows closed. Admittedly, it is getting a bit chilly!

Fambo Number Mive

Some doughnut got on the bus this morning and closed the window nearest to them. Cheers mate thanks for making the airflow not as good.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote@AdamBienkov
Jacob Rees-Mogg says Conservative MPs don't need to wear facemasks in the Commons chamber because they regularly attend parliament and meet other MPs and says if opposition MPs also "worked a bit harder... they might not need to wear face coverings either."

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1438452415888568325

The latest attempt by the Tories to dissuade people from wearing face coverings. I presume it's to get the anti-mask vote, given wearing masks doesn't impact the economy (indeed, a shop with lots of people wearing masks might dissuade people who were more concerned about covid from shopping there).

Cuellar

So they don't need to wear masks because they're out and about more?

Jerzy Bondov

He's well aware he's talking absolute piss-taking shite, they all just say stuff like that to prove how powerless we really are. LOL

jenna appleseed

kalowski

Apparently lots of headteachers are getting this little cracker of an email
QuoteA. Who are we?

Lawyers for Liberty is a non-politically affiliated network of lawyers. We monitor, educate and act upon potential legal issues raised by concerned individuals in England and Wales. Lawyers for Liberty is not a law firm. This is not a legal letter, nor is it the provision of legal advice.

You should take independent legal advice upon the contents of this email and consult your insurance provider.

B. Register

We have been notified by a concerned parent, carer or guardian of a pupil at your School that your School is positively promoting and encouraging the Covid 19 vaccination (the Vaccination) for children aged 12 years and over, without a health & safety assessment or a full risk analysis, and possibly also without parental consent or parent consultation.

We are writing to ensure you understand your obligations as an education provider, and that you are aware of the legal risks associated with providing the Vaccination and providing a venue for the National Health Service (NHS) to deliver the Vaccination on your premises.

This email automatically adds the concerned individual onto our register, so if a harm, loss or injury is suffered by a pupil, that individual may rely on this email as evidence that you were on notice of the possible legal issues and liability in advance. To avoid any conflict or negative fallout, the individual will remain anonymous to you.

C. Background

As you are probably aware, many parents firmly believe that it is 'safer to wait' for long term data to be made available on this Vaccination so that an informed decision can be made by them or their child at the appropriate time. They consider it necessary to afford their child or children protection during this period by exercising their Parental Responsibility during the decision-making process.

If a parent communicates to you that their child is not to be included in the Vaccination programme or does not provide consent, then that decision must be respected, without any further consequences for the child, including direct or indirect discrimination or coercion.

Failure to do so may result in possible legal claims against you personally and for your School. We urge you to read our summary for further background information - this can be found on our website under Resources > For Schools. The Legal Note has been prepared for Lawyers for Liberty by Jacqui Sansom of the Jonathan Lea Network.​

D. Immediate action to be taken by you and your School

Due to the urgency of this matter, we ask you to write to all adults with Parental Responsibility for pupils of 12 years and above to confirm that you will take the actions set out in this email below, no later than 3 days from receipt of this email and confirm that no Vaccination of any child registered at your educational establishment will be undertaken until:

a full and final decision has been issued by the courts following the Judicial Review (as defined in the Legal Note) or any other legal case that is brought in the next 5 days;

a full and proper prior consultation has been completed with all adults with the benefit of Parental Responsibility for every child attending your school; and

the positive and explicit written consent has been received from all adults holding Parental Responsibility for each child in writing after providing them with:

Details of a full Risk Benefit Analysis undertaken by the School which takes each child's specific and personal medical history into account together with matters such as allergies to excipients, pre-existing health conditions or genetic variations, whether or not they have already recovered from Covid-19 infection, previous infection results in antibody and immune system priming, to critically analyse the increasing risk of adverse reaction to the injection, AND simultaneously further reducing any potential benefit from the treatment as immunity is already in place. Additionally, the long-term impact on fertility, central nervous system and organ development should be fully considered in such an analysis.

Details of a full Health & Safety Risk Assessment undertaken by the School for the purpose of risk management of any harm arising from the conduct of the School especially where such conduct could expose pupils to a risk of harm.
Such risk assessment and risk management should be kept under review and revised where there is cause to do so in accordance with the requirements for the employer of the school under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999[1] below as:

"identify what could cause injury or illness in your business (hazards)
decide how likely it is that someone could be harmed and how seriously (the risk)
take action to eliminate the hazard, or if this isn't possible, control the risk"
Anything less than a full Risk Benefit Analysis and a Health & Safety Risk Assessment is far too risky, especially when you consider the very sad case of Maddie De Garray[2]

We have asked parents to keep a record of all communications from you on this matter. We do not accept incoming emails and so we are unable to respond to any emails or request for further information from you directly.

E. Consequences if your School fails to take appropriate action

In the absence of you completing the actions above, if a pupil suffers harm, injury or loss as a direct result of the Vaccination, you will attract claims arising from a breach of duty of care to your pupils, such claims are supported by both primary and secondary legislation with significant ramifications for which you may be held personally liable, such as:

being vicariously liable[3] for any harm which may come to any child receiving the Vaccination whilst in your care leading to financial sanctions between £180,000 to £20 million and injunctive remedies being imposed; or

in some instances, criminal culpability for criminal offences which, if convicted, can not only have serious adverse effects upon your career but may also attract prison sentences ranging from 3 years to life imprisonment. [4]
Warning of Issue of Proceedings

In the event you do not provide the assurances sought, you may find yourself exposed to the risk of legal action by the parents without any further notice to you. Any such legal action by The Jonathan Lea Network for any parent on the Register is likely to include an application to Court.  Any remedies and relief sought will include for declarations in relation to unlawfulness and for interim relief to afford the children the protection they deserve.

It is recommended that you take legal advice on this matter.

And Take Further Notice

Several of the aforementioned claims hold personal liability for you and others within your business, so you are advised to ensure you understand the contents and the implications for you as an individual.

buttgammon

What a load of spurious nonsense. 'Lawyers for Liberty' looks like a dodgy fringe organisation that's only interested in protecting anti-vax, anti-mask types, but using legal threats to intimidate schools at a time when they're already dealing with the consequences of a pandemic seems an especially low blow.

Ferris

Quote from: kalowski on September 16, 2021, 08:35:17 PM
Apparently lots of headteachers are getting this little cracker of an email
A. Who are we?

Lawyers for Liberty is a non-politically affiliated network of lawyers. We monitor, educate and act upon potential legal issues raised by concerned individuals in England and Wales. Lawyers for Liberty is not a law firm. This is not a legal letter, nor is it the provision of legal advice...

Terrific, into the bin it goes. No need to read any further.

idunnosomename

who the fuck is Nicki Minaj and why is this such a big thing that she claimed someone had Buster Gonad bollocks

feel so old

jamiefairlie

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 16, 2021, 10:26:03 PM
who the fuck is Nicki Minaj and why is this such a big thing that she claimed someone had Buster Gonad bollocks

feel so old

She's a spelling mistake.

Sonny_Jim

So, construction workers in Victoria have had it pretty easy during this pandemic.  They've been able to work throughout, whereas other people have lost jobs or been subjected to massively reduced hours.  Their union is fairly strong and corruption is pretty rife in the Vic government, so they've been able to shrug off most concerns and keep on working.  Mask usage on sites is pretty poor, I drove past a site today and didn't spot a single person wearing a mask properly.  Because of this we've seen quite a few exposure sites around construction.  Right now Victorians can't go out after 9PM, everything bar fast food and supermarkets is closed and we can only travel within a 10KM radius.  It's been like this for months.

Yesterday construction was told that they would need to get their first vaccination before next Thursday if they want to carry on working.  They've also been told that their on-site lunch rooms will be closed and they'll either have to sit in their cars or eat outside.  They took this really well and have been blocking off roads today with impromptu 'smoke breaks':

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-tradies-take-smoko-on-main-roads-in-protest-over-tearoom-ban-20210917-p58sn9.html

For a big bunch of burly blokes they sure are behaving like spoilt little princesses at the moment...

jobotic

Uncle TechTip

"Tradies take a smoko in protesto over banno"

Dex Sawash

buttgammon

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 17, 2021, 12:38:06 PM
Doesn't even mention magna carta

Not even claiming the children are freemen of the land/school. 1/10, try harder.

Kankurette

Quote from: jenna appleseed on September 16, 2021, 08:21:07 PM
scary fundy cunts offering free evangelism posters

Well, if you don't get jabbed you may well end up meeting the big guy upstairs sooner than you think.
Quote from: idunnosomename on September 16, 2021, 10:26:03 PM

feel so old
An obnoxious pop star with rabid fans.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on September 17, 2021, 06:19:00 AM
So, construction workers in Victoria have had it pretty easy during this pandemic.  They've been able to work throughout, whereas other people have lost jobs or been subjected to massively reduced hours.  Their union is fairly strong and corruption is pretty rife in the Vic government, so they've been able to shrug off most concerns and keep on working.  Mask usage on sites is pretty poor, I drove past a site today and didn't spot a single person wearing a mask properly.  Because of this we've seen quite a few exposure sites around construction.  Right now Victorians can't go out after 9PM, everything bar fast food and supermarkets is closed and we can only travel within a 10KM radius.  It's been like this for months.

Yesterday construction was told that they would need to get their first vaccination before next Thursday if they want to carry on working.  They've also been told that their on-site lunch rooms will be closed and they'll either have to sit in their cars or eat outside.  They took this really well and have been blocking off roads today with impromptu 'smoke breaks':

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-tradies-take-smoko-on-main-roads-in-protest-over-tearoom-ban-20210917-p58sn9.html

For a big bunch of burly blokes they sure are behaving like spoilt little princesses at the moment...
Right, shut the industry down then. "Warning them". Don't warn them, shut it fucking down. Let the unions cry to the whole world if they don't like it.

flotemysost

I probably shouldn't waste any energy on being surprised by this, but ffs https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/17/coronavirus-plans-to-end-free-rapid-tests-in-england-reckless

Of course they're not a substitute for other measures but I definitely know a few people who had asymptomatic covid picked up by a lateral flow. What a fantastic idea to make sure only privileged twats who can probably work from home anyway have access to them, can't see how that might go badly at all.

(I mean I'd be angry too out of principle, as I've been taking them regularly before going to the office, meeting people, seeing my parents etc. but I'm hardly going to be the worst hit by this.)

Cloud

I've already started stockpiling knowing this would probably happen and shall continue to do so.

Well I say stockpiling, only got like 2.5 boxes - but it'll be nice to know before seeing vulnerable people etc without paying through the same nose I'll be swabbing, so I'll absolutely grab a couple more.

Ferris

Quote from: Cloud on September 18, 2021, 01:31:55 AM
I've already started stockpiling knowing this would probably happen and shall continue to do so.

Well I say stockpiling, only got like 2.5 boxes - but it'll be nice to know before seeing vulnerable people etc without paying through the same nose I'll be swabbing, so I'll absolutely grab a couple more.

If they're the same Abbott antigen tests we get over here, they only stay good for 7-10 days. Might get some more longevity out of them in the fridge but I wouldn't count on a stockpile being the answer.