Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 18, 2021, 01:43:59 AM
If they're the same Abbott antigen tests we get over here, they only stay good for 7-10 days. Might get some more longevity out of them in the fridge but I wouldn't count on a stockpile being the answer.

I don't think there's an expiry date on ours... even the box I got last week was dated May 2021 and the test cartridges themselves are in sealed packets

Edit: a bit of Googling suggests a shelf life of 2 years

Ferris

Really?!

Fucking hell I'm off down the test centre tomorrow then - they can't give them away here, I thought "well why bother for a week's shelf life" but if they last ages then I'll be getting as many as I can fit in my backpack. Why not, right?

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThree tourists were arrested after allegedly assaulting a restaurant host in Manhattan after she asked for proof of their vaccination status before they could be seated.

Footage obtained by NBC New York shows an intense scuffle outside Carmine's Italian restaurant on the Upper West Side on Thursday evening. The three tourists, who are from Texas, are alleged to have begun repeatedly punching the 22-year-old host after she asked them to show proof they were vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering the restaurant, in accordance with local regulations...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/17/1038392877/new-york-tourists-attack-hostess-restaurant-vaccine?t=1631988313589

jobotic

criminal mischief?????

grand high spirits

aggravated boisterousness

Kankurette

I'm currently translating a survey in French about COVID vaccines and one of the responses is 'I would rather my child was ill from a disease than from a vaccine or several'. And another one saying they'd fight for their child not to have the vaccine. Loads about side effects and it not being a 'real vaccine' and 'we don't know enough about it'. It's depressing.

Cloud

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 18, 2021, 02:23:35 AM
Really?!

Fucking hell I'm off down the test centre tomorrow then - they can't give them away here, I thought "well why bother for a week's shelf life" but if they last ages then I'll be getting as many as I can fit in my backpack. Why not, right?

I mean, you might as well get a few boxes.  Sure, there's an argument (possibly implied, I can never really tell when people are making a point via sarcasm) that you're unnecessarily hoarding and wasting public resources but I'm not talking about filling a room with the things.  A small handful of boxes for the purpose they were released for - to protect others when you go see them, saving money for the NHS if you turn out to test positive.

imitationleather

Also once the time comes you can sell them on ebay for a phat profit. 😎

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on September 20, 2021, 01:37:01 AM
Also once the time comes you can sell them on ebay for a phat profit. 😎

Didn't even think of that. Gotta get that paper!!

(I forgot to do this and the free antigen tests are done now so that's the end of that.)

Sonny_Jim

So Melbourne construction workers have kicked off again, if you don't know the story:

Mask compliance has been poor across all sites, so the government shut their lunch rooms and mandated vaccines.  In retort, yesterday about 200 of them went down to their union building and trashed it[nb]Not the brightest bunch, I know[/nb].  In retort to this, the government shut down all construction sites for 2 weeks.

Today there's about 2,000 of them wandering around the city, causing shit, blocking off the major roads.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/status/1440197875049242634

All because they were told to get vaccinated.  Spoilt little pricks...

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on September 21, 2021, 08:04:09 AM
So Melbourne construction workers have kicked off again, if you don't know the story:

Not the brightest bunch, I know

I dunno, someone will have to rebuild it.

Sonny_Jim

Thing is their union is super strong, even someone holding a stop sign can earn $40+ an hour can do so because of it.  So to attack their own union, the very same one that's kept them open during this pandemic is monumentally stupid.

For that reason to me it's 'The Worst Response To The Coronavirus'[nb]Imagine this bit being said in a low deep voice and echoing[/nb].

katzenjammer

Couple of strong contenders here

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/21/petrol-station-worker-killed-in-germany-after-face-mask-row

Quotea 49-year-old German citizen was arrested on suspicion of shooting dead a petrol station worker who refused to serve him while he was not wearing a mask.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/20/texas-couple-restaurant-masks

QuoteA Texas couple were denied service at a restaurant because they were wearing masks.

The Westers are both fully vaccinated but stay masked indoors to protect their four-month-old son, who is immunocompromised. At Hang Time, a server asked them to take the masks off.

this is political and I need you to take your masks off,'" Natalie said.

When they said they did not want to do so, they were asked to leave.

Head Gardener

idunnosomename

anyone mentioned the Kaiser Chiefs yet

https://twitter.com/sara_gilmartin/status/1439501759681122306

almost makes me understand why people (like this stupid account) are antivaxx. shut up you useless ninnies. nobody fucking cares which vaccine you got. this is the sort of virtuousness that makes people sceptical. getting a fucking free jab for immunity build-up isn't rock n roll you stupid fucks

JamesTC

They're well meaning. I have no problem with it.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on September 21, 2021, 08:04:09 AM
Today there's about 2,000 of them wandering around the city, causing shit, blocking off the major roads.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/status/1440197875049242634

All because they were told to get vaccinated.  Spoilt little pricks...
Be careful there Sonny_Jim, that's convicted wife-beater and Australian Andy Ngo-wanna be you're linking to right there.
Turns out after the tiny group of people turned up yesterday at union HQ, the antivaxxers and neo-nazis twigged, went out and purchased nice new clean high-vis, and went along with them, and did the same yesterday and probably today as well, so it's no longer a handful of construction workers who spend their days counting to three, it's also outright neo-facists, which is funny because now the Murdoch media is having trouble figuring out who to hate more, "union" members throwing bottles at police or antivaxxers.

Luckily, fascist MP George Christensen wants the police to be arrested for assaulting "freedom fighters"
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/nationals-explode-over-george-christensen-s-call-to-arrest-police-officers-20210921-p58tj6.html

Kankurette

Oh, Avi the wife beating far right Zionist knob. Ugh.

I'm not into Kaiser Chiefs but I'd take them over twats like Van Morrison.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteHundreds gathered in Melbourne for another anti-vaccination protest on Tuesday, setting off flares and reportedly throwing urine at reporters.

Drygate

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 21, 2021, 11:16:40 PM
anyone mentioned the Kaiser Chiefs yet

https://twitter.com/sara_gilmartin/status/1439501759681122306

almost makes me understand why people (like this stupid account) are antivaxx. shut up you useless ninnies. nobody fucking cares which vaccine you got. this is the sort of virtuousness that makes people sceptical. getting a fucking free jab for immunity build-up isn't rock n roll you stupid fucks

Yeah I agree but then it is the Kaiser Chiefs so I doubt anyone would take them seriously either way.

But it is so weird that only a year or two ago people were suspicious of "big pharma" and now they can do so wrong.

Even if you love the jabs, I don't see why the companies that made them are being lauded in this way. Look at the contracts they've made counties sign to get access to the jabs. It's hardly the behaviour of a company that deserves cheer leading.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/sep/10/pfizer-accused-of-holding-brazil-to-ransom-over-vaccine-contract-demands

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 22, 2021, 12:50:46 PM
QuoteHundreds gathered in Melbourne for another anti-vaccination protest on Tuesday, setting off flares and reportedly throwing urine at reporters.

Well, the antivaxxers have been taking the piss for ages so this is a logical step.

Kankurette

Good thing nobody is praising pharmaceutical corporations for screwing people over with jabs. I get it. You're an antivaxxer. You don't want to get jabbed, that's your problem but fucking knock it off trying to discourage the rest of us.

Drygate

Who cares what jab someone has or hasn't taken. It's super cringe.

Cold Meat Platter

Ferris

Edit: nah fuck it

Kankurette

Quote from: Drygate on September 22, 2021, 02:41:36 PM
Who cares what jab someone has or hasn't taken. It's super cringe.
Not as cringey as being an antivaxxer.

mothman

QuoteEven if you love the jabs, I don't see why the companies that made them are being lauded in this way.

Nobody is lauding them, you utter goon. Nor does anybody "love" the jabs, we accept they are necessary to protect ourselves and those we care about. We get it, you're an antivaxxer. Frantically trying to tell a bunch of people who've had the vaccine that... we shouldn't have had it..? Is this really the best use of your time?

JamesTC

I love the vaccine. Pfizer can take me up the arse any time it wants.

mothman

I think there should be a t-shirt you can get with

I Went To Get
💉Double Vaccinated💉
With
❤️OXFORD ASTRAZENECA❤️
And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt
AND IMPROVED 5G RECEPTION!!!

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠