Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:02:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Quote from: mothman on September 22, 2021, 09:24:54 PM
Nobody is lauding them, you utter goon. Nor does anybody "love" the jabs, we accept they are necessary to protect ourselves and those we care about. We get it, you're an antivaxxer. Frantically trying to tell a bunch of people who've had the vaccine that... we shouldn't have had it..? Is this really the best use of your time?
I'm even worse than any of you because I took part in a clinical trial for a COVID vaccine, so I guess I'm a shill for Big Pharma. FFS. I can't exactly un-jab myself.

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on September 22, 2021, 09:24:54 PM
Nobody is lauding them, you utter goon. Nor does anybody "love" the jabs, we accept they are necessary to protect ourselves and those we care about. We get it, you're an antivaxxer. Frantically trying to tell a bunch of people who've had the vaccine that... we shouldn't have had it..? Is this really the best use of your time?

I don't know why I keep responding. It irks me to see bloke-in-pub-tier factoids parped out, and to not challenge them feels like de facto accepting their accuracy I suppose.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteProtestors opposed to the rollout of Covid-19 vaccine for children aged 12 brought traffic to a standstill on the mate.

The anti-vaccination campaigners' demonstration affected the motorway this morning near the Pyramid Business Park at Bathgate, West Lothian.

A large vaccination centre is located in the area, and the protest causing huge tailbacks of motorists travelling towards Edinburgh.

Police officers attended and "engaged" with those involved shortly after being alerted at around 7.50am.

Police Scotland said the demonstrators dispersed not long after 9am.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19596987.covid-scotland-anti-vax-protestors-bring-mate-traffic-crawl/

QuoteBut already some headteachers have been receiving threatening emails over the rollout.

One expresses "grave concerns regarding all proposals to administer Covid-19 vaccines to children".

Head of Cheney School in Oxfoird Rob Pavey said he received another from 'a group of concerned parents', threatening legal action.

He said: "There have been some anonymous groups that have been emailing headteachers threatening personal liability and legal action if the vaccination programme goes ahead.

"It's quite unpleasant. It's not a parent at the school, just a conspiracy group trying to make life difficult.

"I know any parent would absolutely email me directly but this is an anonymous group. But it's easy to ignore. It's quite impressively mad."

He said he had had another email from a group of people 'who have a certain amount of professional knowledge'.

"They are effectively saying what we already know – that the risk and health benefits to children are very finely balanced. We know that and that's entirely in the open and not news.

"But the one from Lawyers for Liberty is a madder one, quoting the Nuremberg Trials and things, which is relatively extraordinary."

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19598222.headteachers-receive-threatening-emails-vaccine-rollout-schoolchildren-starts

Uncle TechTip

"I TOLD you we should have eased off on the Nuremberg thing! Now he thinks we're crazy"

Ferris

I like the head teacher's wording of "quite impressively mad".

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 23, 2021, 11:28:57 AM
I like the head teacher's wording of "quite impressively mad".

Props for "relatively extraordinary" also.

Ferris

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 23, 2021, 03:44:22 PM
Props for "relatively extraordinary" also.

Someone send him an email with an invite to post on CaB. Could do with his calibre of writing round here, class the place up a bit.

mothman

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 22, 2021, 09:52:18 PM
I don't know why I keep responding. It irks me to see bloke-in-pub-tier factoids parped out, and to not challenge them feels like de facto accepting their accuracy I suppose.

At least I can learn new and interesting information from your ripostes; whereas reading a Drygate post leaves me feeling stupider after than I did before.

Not that I'm claiming my own posts don't have a similar effect in others, mind!

Cuellar

And you wonder why more Oxfordshire headteachers don't post here

Ferris

Quote from: mothman on September 23, 2021, 09:55:01 PM
At least I can learn new and interesting information from your ripostes; whereas reading a Drygate post leaves me feeling stupider after than I did before.

Not that I'm claiming my own posts don't have a similar effect in others, mind!

It's the faux-naif "oh, who can say?" affectation that pisses me off. You know exactly what you're doing mate (or you should), and I'm happy to respond when I have time.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

oh look anti-vaxxers in Donegal KILLED A MAN.

QuoteThe man who was released from a Co Donegal hospital by anti-vaccination campaigners against medical advice has died in hospital.

Joe McCarron, aged 75, passed away at Letterkenny University Hospital earlier today after a brave fight against Covid-19.

Mr McCarron, who was from Dungloe, had been in hospital for a number of days after contracting the virus.

His case received national and international attention when anti-vaccine protestors encouraged him to sign himself out of the hospital on Tuesday week last.

[...]The protestors had claimed that Mr McCarron was being forced into the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital.

The protestors filmed Mr McCarron's release from the hospital.

In the video which was put up on social media, doctors are heard pleading with Mr McCarron to remain in hospital.

However, the protestors tell Mr McCarron that he will die if he remains in the hospital.

Mr McCarron was released but was rushed back into hospital two days later on Thursday last after having severe breathing difficulties.

He was initially put on a ventilator and had been showing signs of improving.

However, his condition deteriorated in recent days and he passed away earlier today.

Egyptian Feast

Appalling story. I'd seen the video on social media earlier in the week, but had no idea it was the hospital I was born in.

I doubt the news of the patient's death will cause the scum who persuaded him to leave to reflect upon their behaviour.

mothman

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Why would antivaxxers be against intensive care?[nb] Other than because they're fuckwits, obviously.[/nb] They don't vaccinate people who are already sick, do they?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 25, 2021, 07:49:56 PM
Why would antivaxxers be against intensive care?[nb] Other than because they're fuckwits, obviously.[/nb] They don't vaccinate people who are already sick, do they?

Don't overthink it.

flotemysost

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 25, 2021, 07:49:56 PM

I guess because the virus is a hoax, so they think they're actually doing people a favour and not putting their health at grave risk?

This is the terrifying thing, the idea that some of these people must genuinely believe they're acting in people's best interests, in the same way that the Westboro Baptist Church honestly think they're doing a loving, benevolent thing by picketing soldiers' funerals etc. because they really think the reward of realising their truth ultimately outweighs any distress caused by their actions.

Utterly petrifyingly bonkers. Very sad story either way.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose, some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments, according to posts seen by NBC News over the past few weeks.

The messages represent an escalation in the mistrust of medical professionals in groups that have sprung up in recent months on social media platforms, which have tried to crack down on Covid misinformation. And it's something that some doctors say they're seeing manifest in their hospitals as they have filled up because of the most recent delta variant wave...

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/vigilante-treatments-anti-vaccine-groups-push-people-leave-icus-rcna2233

buttgammon

There was a horrible case in Ireland recently where a bunch of conspiracy twats convinced a man to leave hospital, and he subsequently died. https://www.thejournal.ie/patient-encouraged-to-leave-donegal-hospital-viral-video-has-died-covid-19-misinformation-5557782-Sep2021/

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Cloud

Should put them on trial for manslaughter honestly

Kankurette

Those cunts have blood on their hands. It's not enough they're putting themselves in danger, they're forcing their beliefs onto other people.

buttgammon

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteEDSON, Alta. – A party west of Edmonton has landed several people in the hospital with COVID-19, sources have confirmed to CityNews.

And this was no ordinary party–it was a "COVID party", where guests tried to intentionally get the virus to "build up natural immunity" without getting vaccinated.

One source told CityNews that the Edson party, which happened about two weeks ago, had sent some people to the local hospital. A number of Edmonton ICU cases also come from the party...

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/2021/09/23/alberta-covid-party-hospital/

Fambo Number Mive

Nicki Minaj fans protest against the vaccine: https://twitter.com/margieIamuse/status/1438576450802700288

Hard to believe that is 100% real but Minaj does have blood on her hands given how much influence popstars like her have. We should boycott her music.

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 27, 2021, 02:06:16 PM
Nicki Minaj fans protest against the vaccine: https://twitter.com/margieIamuse/status/1438576450802700288

Hard to believe that is 100% real but Minaj does have blood on her hands given how much influence popstars like her have. We should boycott her music.
Minaj is an idiot anyway, fucking rapist apologist.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: flotemysost on September 25, 2021, 10:25:38 PM
This is the terrifying thing, the idea that some of these people must genuinely believe they're acting in people's best interests
Indeed so. They said he'd die in hospital, and he did. In their minds, at least, they were right.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 27, 2021, 04:50:26 PM
oh god I hope they all die

No, they have to finish their task first and infect some more people and use up critical health resources for a while longer.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 27, 2021, 02:06:16 PM

I've been doing that for years!