Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:37:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Neil Gaiman is in trouble with the police after he flew from New Zealand to very much locked-down Skye, Scotland, due to his relationship with his wife being "in a rough place". Imagine spending lockdown with Amanda Palmer, I'd fly 11000 miles too.

Sebastian Cobb

Is she the one that often plays in the buff and doesn't pay her backing band?

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2020, 01:06:10 PM

Isolaaaaatioooonn

QuoteAnother joked "Not much Joy for Bernard" in reference to the band that made him famous.

AIDS-tier.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 19, 2020, 01:08:46 PM
Neil Gaiman is in trouble with the police after he flew from New Zealand to very much locked-down Skye, Scotland, due to his relationship with his wife being "in a rough place". Imagine spending lockdown with Amanda Palmer, I'd fly 11000 miles too.
I would fly 11000 miles
And I would fly 11000 more
Just to be the man who flew 11000 miles
To bash in Amanda Palmers back door

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dewt on May 19, 2020, 06:49:31 AM
A few relatives and friends deciding this is the best time to get cancer has forced me back on Facebook just because there's no other way to communicate. I found this piece of original poetry from my (second?) cousin. It's a doozy:

This is the worst poem I think I've ever read. Livejournal doggerel taken you its logical conclusion, like he's been crowned King Shitpoet by all the other shitpoets and instructed to write the movement's magnum opus.

"Without these we could be obsolete" is truly Vogon-tier.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 19, 2020, 02:41:46 PM
AIDS-tier.

Are regional (and some national) journalist's jobs just to slot the words "Another said", "One person joked" and cutting and pasting twitter images into NEWS N E W S N. E. W. S. Stories?

Dewt

You might start spotting a running theme with the construction of these

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dewt on May 19, 2020, 07:47:57 PM

Without the key, you'd be safely locked up in the padded cell.

Dewt

Really tempted to reply with the lyrics to Urban Cookie Collective - The Key The Secret

I've got the key, I've got the secret
I've got the key to another way
I've got the key (yeah, yeah)
Aha, yeah, yeah
Aha, yeah yeah
Aha, yeah yeah
I've got the key (yeah, yeah)
Aha, yeah, yeah
Aha, yeah yeah
Aha, yeah yeah
I've got the key

but it would inevitably be rewarded with 4 heart symbols and a comment like "so true mate stay stong" and I don't think I could cope with that.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 19, 2020, 07:40:02 PM
Are regional (and some national) journalist's jobs just to slot the words "Another said", "One person joked" and cutting and pasting twitter images into NEWS N E W S N. E. W. S. Stories?
No but it's easier than writing it yourself isn't it?

Quote from: Dewt on May 19, 2020, 07:47:57 PM

"Looks like the Riddler is on the loose once more, old chum, and has lost what's left of his mind."
"Holy demented syntax Batman, I hope we never catch him."

Pink Gregory

Pretty sure we're going to be exactly the same. 

kalowski

Talk to transformer had a go
QuoteThe pandemic may of thought of us as pathetic
Some people may not have been right

EVERYONE IS NUTS!!!
And so we lost sight of the apocalypse,
just look at our whole world...
but that is me, we must mourn their lost souls
the world looks dreary, no light at all,
the only light in the horizon is orange....
V. How To Know Yourself - Create your own reality!
With the new moon and your heart beating out of control
Take a chance and jump, have fun!
Do you want your music to be a joy to listen to,
or you like to hurt?
What will you find inside your ears?
It is all inside

Danger Man

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 19, 2020, 01:08:46 PM

New Zealand and Scotland ARE THE FUCKING SAME. What waste of time and money.

ollyboro

Inspired by Prince Charles, I'm off to pick some fruit. For him to take time out from his busy day to warn us that "it will be hard graft" is truly inspiring. And if there's one man who knows all about hard graft, it's HRH.

BlodwynPig

Furlough the sad sack into the grave sharpish!

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 19, 2020, 01:06:10 PM

Isolaaaaatioooonn

Typical lazy journalism, Joy Division and New Order are never 'rock'.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on May 19, 2020, 10:20:55 PM
Think this might be today's winner. What a piece of shit this man is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-austerity-tax-alan-sugar-bbc-uk-boris-johnson-a9522091.html?fbclid=IwAR2oKbZ8BzKMuaNCnhe0xGqJnxsMWN9tZwPyJnDGVFXCwvBm5AcMJxdrPtM

QuoteThe 73-year-old Apprentice boss was in the US when the pandemic began and has spent the lockdown at his home in the Florida. "I'm flying my planes, I'm riding around in a little boat, I'm cycling 40 miles every three days," he said.

He really knows how to, ahem, sugar the pill, doesn't he?

Fucking sociopath.

Dewt

Fambo Number Mive

Somewhat ironic he became famous again through a television programme from a publically funded broadcaster.

His net worth is £1.21bn. Easy to be pro-austerity when you are a billionaire.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Danger Man on May 19, 2020, 10:03:49 PM
New Zealand and Scotland ARE THE FUCKING SAME. What waste of time and money.

True, but currently only one of them contains Amanda Palmer.

dissolute ocelot

Alan Sugar and his ilk are always claiming that increasing income tax will stop the rich from working and reduce recovery/job creation/tax receipts. To which there is a simple solution: execute and expropriate wealth tax.

Birdie

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 17, 2020, 05:17:40 PM
Pete's hidden in the bushes with an instamatic and a semi waiting for you to submit to his demands, power gets these people off.

Purple Aki's changed his modus operandi and got well fit.

Attila

Locally: the neighbour who has decided that the lockdown is a fabulous time for DIY cowboy redecoration of his house/garden, mainly at weekends, and especially bank holiday weekends (he seems to disappear the rest of the time). His drive is about 100feet away from my open window (I'm a flight up), and right now I'm enjoying the brain-piercing whine of the stone cutter he's been using to lay down paying slabs in his garden.

If not that, it's been sawing, electric drills, shitty radio.

I'm a bit sensitive to it, I suppose, as on the one hand, the whine from the stone cutter is on the exact frequency to make it feel as if my head is going to split in two and on the other, we have this mad church opposite us that took two frigging years to build an extension. Endless vibrations and construction noise from those wanks that made any sort of work from home impossible.

This guy has a tiny garden, so the amount of noise and dirt he's producing doesn't compute. Oh, and he leaves nails and wood screws lying all over the pavement and street. His girlfriend has a huge alsatian-cross dog that she doesn't keep on a lead, and it attacked a passerby's smaller dog a few weeks ago, grabbing the poor little thing and shaking it around like a toy. (The smaller dog was rescued).

Dude's lived here for about a year now, and has otherwise been quiet. The noise and that have only been since lockdown.