Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'd contact your local council's environmental health department.

Although people can obviously carry out work on their property, if the noise, dust etc is excessive or produced at unreasonable hours, they may be in breach of environmental health regulations. Same goes for leaving nails and screws in the street - littering as well as potentially dangerous. Failure to control their dog is another offence.

Your neighbours would probably receive an initial warning letter but if that didn't work and the issues persist, the council could take formal action to abate the nuisance.

(New page - uptight, officious council busybody).

QuoteA cafe owner who installed dozens of shower curtains between tables in a bid to combat coronavirus has said he hopes his idea can inspire other businesses.

Francini Osorio has used more than 30 curtains as dividers between tables in a trial phase during the Covid-19 lockdown and has more on order.

Osorio has installed an air purifier and 35 clear shower curtains, which will divide customers and tables, in the Francini Cafe De Colombia, Worcester, ready for the re-opening of his business as lockdown restrictions are eased.

Osorio also plans to use an air purifier in an effort to protect customers at the Francini Cafe De Colombia in Worcester.

The businessman, originally from Colombia, who is readying his cafe to reopen, said: "Where I come from we don't sink, we stand up and we keep going."

Osorio, who plans to provide gloves and encourage people to bring their own masks, said of the curtains, which will be sprayed with disinfectant: "The idea is to keep people together but separated by the curtain.

"If this has inspired people, that's brilliant."

Looks nice, mate. Can't wait to sit amongst disinfectant-soaked shower curtains whilst a Holby City background extra serves me overpriced tea and sandwiches.

dissolute ocelot

Seriously, does anyone know how to report Coronavirus misinformation on twitter? Katie Hopkins keeps tweeting that coronavirus is a hoax and a lie. Surely they have a policy against that?

Maybe she'll be sued by Visa for pushing the conspiracy theory that supermarkets requiring card-only payment is part of an evil masterplan. What sort of masterplan, I've no idea. Maybe they're discouraging cash to try and stop us throwing pennies at Hopkins' head.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 21, 2020, 03:44:28 PM

Looks nice, mate. Can't wait to sit amongst disinfectant-soaked shower curtains whilst a Holby City background extra serves me overpriced tea and sandwiches.

"Trial phase"?

What's the null hypothesis? None of the customers will die because they came to his cafe?

Endicott

^^

You've confused masterplan with mastercard. Easy mistake to make.

Dewt

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 21, 2020, 04:57:27 PM
Seriously, does anyone know how to report Coronavirus misinformation on twitter? Katie Hopkins keeps tweeting that coronavirus is a hoax and a lie. Surely they have a policy against that?

Maybe she'll be sued by Visa for pushing the conspiracy theory that supermarkets requiring card-only payment is part of an evil masterplan. What sort of masterplan, I've no idea. Maybe they're discouraging cash to try and stop us throwing pennies at Hopkins' head.
The correct response to Katie Hopkins is not to provide Katie Hopkins with attention

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 21, 2020, 03:44:28 PM

Delicious, thank you.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on May 21, 2020, 04:57:27 PM

A friend of mine unloaded with the same shit this week and it's left me really depressed. Like 8 screenful messages in a row. I kind of laughed a bit and i think that caused some upset. Convinced she'd already had it, then later it was a hoax by Bill Gates. You link to ONS graphs and they say, "you believe that, a graph?" What can you do? I wanted to message about this 5pc figure that was revealed today that sounds quite plausible to me, but there's no point is there.

Attila

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on May 21, 2020, 03:39:44 PM
I'd contact your local council's environmental health department.

Although people can obviously carry out work on their property, if the noise, dust etc is excessive or produced at unreasonable hours, they may be in breach of environmental health regulations. Same goes for leaving nails and screws in the street - littering as well as potentially dangerous. Failure to control their dog is another offence.

Your neighbours would probably receive an initial warning letter but if that didn't work and the issues persist, the council could take formal action to abate the nuisance.

(New page - uptight, officious council busybody).

Sadly, he and his posse are just ficks being dicks -- the council didn't step in when the church drove everyone mad for months with their noise, dust/dirt, and constant (6 days a week) construction despite many complaints from the entire neighbourhood subject to their shite.

He's usually not around, so I'm guessing whatever his actual job is has been affected by the lockdown, so he's got plenty of free time now to hang around the house, especially at the holiday weekends. Just an ineffectual rant on my part, mainly bourne out of feeling my brains rattle whenever he cranks up that blasted stone cutter and drill.

ajsmith2

SCIENCE BOUGHT AND SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER
Many centuries ago the Catholic Church controlled science. Theirs was the final word. Those who questioned their scientific dogma (Galileo for example) where threatened with torture and imprisonment in some dank dungeon. Science was combined with fear.

More recently the Soviet Union controlled their own version of science. The Soviet state was infallible. They cut corners to save money and in the case of Chernobyl and no one was allowed to question it or raise flags of alarm. Doing so could lead to a gulag or a bullet in the back of the head. Science was politicized and combined with fear. It ended in disaster.

Those who constructed the nuclear power plants at Fukushima should have known their design would prove disastrously faulty in the event of a major earthquake and tsunami. The location was convenient and a lot of money was saved. They should have feared the inevitable, but big money influenced science.

Science is supposed to be about logic, reason, and possessing the freedom to pursue truth—no matter what the consequences. Yet even know science is corrupted. It has been politicized by the Deep State globalists to serve their agenda. Bill Gates knows little about medical science and yet he has used his billions to fund and influence medical organizations to serve his dark agenda. Big Pharma influences media, the medical institutions, and politicians to cover their tracks and increase their profits. Money and politics have ruined science no matter how hard the media attempts to spread the 'official' science dictates.

There are honorable scientists such as Judy Mikovits who speak the truth about vaccines, and as a result the corrupt medical establishment ruined her career, drained her of her life savings, and destroyed her reputation. Many scientists tow the party line in fear of losing their career and reputations. Science is still combined with fear as well as politics and money.

Bill Gates and Big Pharma want mandatory vaccines not only to pad their wallets, but in the case of 'Kill' Gates, he also wants the world population tagged, tracked, and controlled. They hold up science as the penultimate in truth. We are not allowed to question it—we are urged to worship it as if the people wearing the lab coats are high priests of truth.

Unfortunately science has been purchased and politicized by such globalists. Their vaccines can destroy DNA and cause far great complications that Covid-19 ever could. It has been very difficult to create a vaccine for Coronaviruses, and so if one is rushed out we should become even more suspicious. Covid-19 has a very low mortality rate. Vaccination is unnecessary and dangerous. If they make such a vaccination 'mandatory,' we must resist it even more. Will we then be threatened with imprisonment in some FEMA camp? When the people fear their government, we have tyranny. Welcome to the police state.

It's time to open up our country again. Forget what the dictator governors and petty dictator mayors are ordering. We The People have the final say—especially when it comes to control over our own health.

—Ben Garrison

sirhenry

Love how a shit cartoonist has decided he knows more about DNA sequencing, nuclear power plant construction and health crisis management then any known experts in those fields.

jobotic

The beauty is that the more people that disagree with you, the more there is a consensus from experts, the more proof that its a plot and the braver you are.

Do we think Garrison believes a word of this or is he another grifter, happy to have people die for his grift?

Dewt

I want to be injected with mandatory purple.

jobotic

bgmnts

Quote from: Dewt on May 22, 2020, 01:34:45 PM
I want to be injected with mandatory purple.

You sound like your mum.

buttgammon

How good of Ben to tell us that SCIENCE is depicted wearing a white lab coat! Again, making up for his poor cartoonery with those descriptive skills.

pcsjwgm

Quote from: Candace Owens
Thought America was bad? UK journalists are trying to get a man fired for going to see his parents.
In what godless, totalitarian nightmare do we give the government permission to punish people for seeing their moms and dads

Appalling. Disgusting. Gestapo-Media.

Guess who this powerless, vulnerable "a man" is.
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1263983930740543488

BlodwynPig

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: pcsjwgm on May 23, 2020, 11:57:24 AM
Guess who this powerless, vulnerable "a man" is.
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1263983930740543488

mmm candace guzzle that white man's asshole, that'll save you when your nazi pals decide to purge all the darkies

Imagine the journo pile on if a senior Labour figure did this.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Quote on May 23, 2020, 12:27:17 PM
Imagine the journo pile on if a senior Labour figure did this.

Exactly. Mind you, imagine the journo pile on if a left-wing or even Miliband-centerist Labour government had handled the pandemic the way the Tories have.

Wonderful Butternut

So after senior Civil Servants in Ireland discourage people from using the slight relaxation of the lockdown to have cans in the park a picnic with their mates, Leo Varadkar goes and has a picnic with his mates:

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1264900714721153025

Vintage Fine Gael really. Low calorie version of what the Tories have been up to.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 25, 2020, 08:14:24 PM
So after senior Civil Servants in Ireland discourage people from using the slight relaxation of the lockdown to have cans in the park a picnic with their mates, Leo Varadkar goes and has a picnic with his mates:

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1264900714721153025

Vintage Fine Gael really. Low calorie version of what the Tories have been up to.

FFS Leo

good thing I've been reminding myself I didn't vote for him and that he cares more about PR and spin than anything else so I'm not too disappointed:

oh btw WB I'd get a better source than a publication that's apparently swallowing the "Cummings just wanted childcare for his autistic son" narrative

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/varadkar-and-partner-living-at-farmleigh-lodge-during-pandemic-39231145.html

Gulftastic

Up here in Leeds, a bunch of cunts had an illegal rave last night. In the woods behind Asda on Kirkstall Road, for anyone who knows the area. The police helicopter was buzzing around for bloody ages.

Inspector Norse

Why are Big Pharma giving money away in Ben's doodle?

king_tubby

Quote from: Gulftastic on May 26, 2020, 07:20:05 AM
Up here in Leeds, a bunch of cunts had an illegal rave last night. In the woods behind Asda on Kirkstall Road, for anyone who knows the area. The police helicopter was buzzing around for bloody ages.

Oh, we heard the helicopter but didn't hear the usual dull trance they like to play. That'll mean the nature reserve will be full of litter and human excrement then, we'll have to take the child somewhere else for his walk.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2020, 08:50:15 AM
Oh, we heard the helicopter but didn't hear the usual dull trance they like to play. That'll mean the nature reserve will be full of litter and human excrement then, we'll have to take the child somewhere else for his walk.

No wonder England's biodiversity is the lowest in Europe

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 26, 2020, 12:24:06 AM
oh btw WB I'd get a better source than a publication that's apparently swallowing the "Cummings just wanted childcare for his autistic son" narrative

I'd seen it on Twitter a few hours before I posted and just went back and re-nabbed it for the thread without checking the person posting it.

A guy calling himself Guido Fawkes should've been a giveaway.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: king_tubby on May 26, 2020, 08:50:15 AM

I heard the chopper too. What is wrong with these wamkstains...who has a rave on a Monday anyway.