Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alternative Sources of Income

Started by drummersaredeaf, March 17, 2020, 12:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

have you tried selling all your possessions?

C_Larence

I got rejected from Rev too, despite also being extra careful. I think perhaps they didn't want me to label the distinct voices as separate speakers in the test, as that's the only thing I can think of where I would have gone wrong. Have to wait 6 weeks until I can reapply. Had much more success with Neevo, just waiting for the task I spent a while doing the other day to finish so I can get paid.

olliebean

Quote from: Dewt on March 31, 2020, 11:36:23 PM
Did they give any specifics? I'm surprised. You can retake the test. Maybe I should give you my account that I don't use.

No, the email said they can't give specifics but included a generic list of some of the possible reasons:

Typos, grammar mistakes, or not accurately typing what was said
    Incorrectly identifying speakers
    Omitting words or phrases

Odd that they include grammar mistakes as a possible reason for rejection, as their style guide explicitly says you shouldn't correct a speaker's grammar.

Dewt

Yeah, but you can still make grammar mistakes without correcting the speaker.

"I put the dog back in it's bed."

Camp Tramp

I did the Rev test, awaiting results

There is a bit near the end following the foreign language bit. I think I might have failed on it because I corrected the presenter's response to the question, replacing the 'and none 100% foreign' with 'if'.