Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Has Covid-19 been with us for longer than we currently think?

Started by Old Thrashbarg, March 17, 2020, 12:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Ken Morley says he had something last year that the hospital had no name for and said was "mainly affecting the local Chinese students at the time."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/coronavirus-ex-corries-ken-morley-21732677

Ferris

It really wouldn't surprise me, the more I think about it. We're testing the people who are staggering into a hospital and saying "ooh doc I feel a bit funny"*.

The idea that it is asymptomatic in the majority of carriers means one person without symptoms could have given it to loads of people (who then gave it to loads of people), and 1 in 10 got flu-like symptoms but didn't think anything of it.

Only way to know for sure is a test for whether you've had this rather than for if you still have it. Doubt anyone will bother coming up with one any time soon (or ever).

*Frank Spencer impersonators, basically

shiftwork2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 22, 2020, 07:24:36 PM
Only way to know for sure is a test for whether you've had this rather than for if you still have it. Doubt anyone will bother coming up with one any time soon (or ever).

Antibody test quite close apparently.  Helpful for healthcare and other workforce planning if the assumption is made that you're then immune.  Makes me think I just want to get this out of the way while there are ventilators going begging.

On February 17 I farted continuously for at least 30 seconds.  Phoned NHS 111, and their response was EXTREMELY odd.

Discovered afterwards I had dropped a trouser size.