Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

An ostrich running to Chariots of Fire theme.

Started by Glebe, March 17, 2020, 03:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Glebe on March 22, 2020, 01:55:16 PM
This has become a lifetime preoccupation for you, hasn't it?

Don't start a thread like this and then suddenly turn my priorities around onto myself.  The last thing I need to have as a priority is myself.

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on March 22, 2020, 02:43:38 PMDon't start a thread like this and then suddenly turn my priorities around onto myself.  The last thing I need to have as a priority is myself.

There is no need to be touchy. I am simple implying that you have dedicated your life to cracking this ostrich-Vangelis mystery.

pancreas

This reminds me of when biggytitbo and Steven had a fight about whose JFK conspiracy theory was right.

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on March 22, 2020, 04:50:33 PM
This reminds me of when biggytitbo and Steven had a fight about whose JFK conspiracy theory was right.

I'd like to be whichever one claimed that JFK never did shit himself to death and is instead alive and well in an episode of John Peel's Home Alone Capers starring McCulkin Culkin.

wosl

Can anyone help get me up to speed on the ostrich situation thanks

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Replies From View on March 22, 2020, 01:53:46 PM

Is there more ostrich running footage available from that source?

Loads but that's the only one you can really clearly visualize the sound of the theme from chariots of fire.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: pancreas on March 22, 2020, 04:50:33 PM

I'm #teamsteven btw

Replies From View

Quote from: wosl on March 22, 2020, 06:47:35 PM
Can anyone help get me up to speed on the ostrich situation thanks

Yeah sure

So there was an ostrich, right, and it was running in slow motion in the desert to the Chariots of Fire music.

I think that's about all you need to know

pancreas

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 22, 2020, 06:54:12 PM
I'm #teamsteven btw

OK. Now please adjudicate between RFV and Glebe. One will be disappeared down an oubliette and drowned in ostrich shit. The other will be crowned with ostrich feathers and we shall call him Lord God on High.

Replies From View

Okay good well I am going to be the Lord God on High one, obviously.

pancreas

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on March 23, 2020, 10:22:17 AM
Please don't try to prejudice the outcome.

Don't worry I will do it entirely subliminally.

Glebe

I wonder if the ostrich was cognizant of the fact that it was running to the sound of a classic film theme?

wosl

It was not only cognizant, it was beginning to feel drained, due to the fact that the only Vangelis people seem to want to have wildlife run about to is either the Chariots Of Fire theme or stuff off the ruddy Blade Runner OST.  On some pieces of footage you can clearly see it wearing an expression that says, 'Mate, can't you break out a bit of Spiral or L'Apocalypse des Animaux?  Go on, stick on Creation du Monde'.

Glebe

At one point I bet it stopped and said something like, "I'm tired of jogging along to this shite, lads. Isn't Hans Zimmer or summit available?"

pancreas

Quote from: Glebe on March 23, 2020, 02:29:43 PM
I wonder if the ostrich was cognizant of the fact that it was running to the sound of a classic film theme?

Certainly. Why else would it be running so slowly?

Replies From View

Quote from: pancreas on March 23, 2020, 06:51:18 PM
Certainly. Why else would it be running so slowly?

Auditioning for The Six Billion Dollar Man?

Glebe

Glebe

Can somebody do a video of an ostrich running in fast-motion to the Benny Hill theme?