Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How's your employer been?

Started by holyzombiejesus, March 17, 2020, 08:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Had an email from my boss earlier basically saying they'd had their meeting and decided they only had to agree to release one person per team, and as there's a willing volunteer in our team that's already been doing it for a few weeks then that's enough so no one else has to, but if anyone else wants to volunteer then they can. That does still suggest some level of obligation though which I still don't believe can be true as there's no way anyone should be made to do this kind of work against their will. I think my bosses just misjudged the response and thought more of their staff would be fine with it, then had to backtrack and come up with some facesaving bullshit when it became apparent not enough of us were and also knew we couldn't be railroaded into it.

Pinball

In light of the second wave, I think all bets are off, and people shouldn't return to the office for now.