Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:07:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaBers with Corona? [Merged]

Started by Sin Agog, March 18, 2020, 12:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

As I reported earlier in the thread, a colleague of mine and his wife both had it (they were tested as she's a critical worker and he's a senior in our region's emergency response team), and have now come out the other end.  He said it felt like a VERY mild cold or hayfever, whereas his wife was bed ridden for a good few days.  So that's two people in the same household with it having vastly different experiences.

steveh

Quote from: greencalx on March 27, 2020, 10:29:53 AM
Are you not even able to report these symptoms to your GP (even if they can't actually do anything about them)?

My GP (which has been in special measures until recently) has a message on their phone system that for anything Coronavirus-related to call 111 and as gout_pony says they don't want to know about milder cases - even if they don't feel mild to you.

imitationleather

I have that same totally shagged feeling. When I walked into town a couple of days ago I got a bit light-headed and couldn't get air in to me lungs properly.

It had improved when I went out again yesterday, which was a relief.

Pink Gregory

I've been having really odd, individual symptoms over the past week, seemingly changing day to day.

No coughing or temperature, but had a telltale sore throat for two days, then that went, and I seem to have got up today with blocked sinuses so I seem to have lost the lower range of my hearing.

Is something...happening?

hamfist

those weirdo neighbours of ours insisted on bringing round cake for us they made, actually knocked on the door and handed it over. Straight to bin.

My brother in law now has the RONA. NHS staff too, works at a hospital but not medical staff.

steveh

Talked to a relative over the weekend who is a doctor and he was saying that around day 10 seems to be the critical point. For the majority of people it won't affect their lungs, but when it does that's when it typically happens. If you're lucky and have mild symptoms you will get a couple of days of increasing breathlessness after which most people are unlikely to get any worse even if it takes them a while to start feeling that their breathing is improving. If you are unlucky then it's likely things will rapidly worsen over 24 hours and you will quickly need hospitalisation.

The breathlessness I also found has been affecting my heart rate which was then made worse by anxiety over not being able to breathe well. Talking through symptoms with the doc helped with allaying this panic.

imitationleather

That seems to be where I am. Every so often I find myself running out of puff and have a nervous few minutes of sorting myself out.

I can understand why so many people are ending up in hospital or dead.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 28, 2020, 10:39:08 AM
I've been having really odd, individual symptoms over the past week, seemingly changing day to day.

No coughing or temperature, but had a telltale sore throat for two days, then that went, and I seem to have got up today with blocked sinuses so I seem to have lost the lower range of my hearing.

Is something...happening?

I had that two day sore throat too. Started with slightly sore nostrils then gradually worked its way down to my epiglottis. Took one look at my lungs and fucked off. Not convinced it was Corona, to be honest.

hamfist

Brother in law got taken to a&e last night, not heard any more. He is in pretty good shape, must be pretty bad. I have not heard any more than that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on March 30, 2020, 11:04:53 AM
That seems to be where I am. Every so often I find myself running out of puff

Speak to Pancreas

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: hamfist on March 31, 2020, 10:40:57 AM
Brother in law got taken to a&e last night, not heard any more. He is in pretty good shape, must be pretty bad. I have not heard any more than that.

That's horrible, i hope good news arrives soon.

Barry Admin

Buelligan

With pancs?  I somehow doubt that.   Discrete as a glinner released on social media, that one.

I am scoffing at the thought, even now.

Barry Admin

Yeah. I couldn't actually remember why I asked pancreas if he wouldn't mind securing me a bit of weed from the dark web - at my cost - a few weeks ago, but after some thought it did come back to me.

After a particularly shit couple of months on here, someone went absolutely mental and tracked a members private email address down, then started sending him long rambling emails about how he was going to "stab him in the throat."

That kind of thing is quite unpleasant to deal with. Some may even call it stressful. It's a measure of how great this site is for me at the minute that it didn't come immediately to mind.

So I hope that part of the story wasn't left out.

Uncle TechTip

Coo, I'd happily chip in for a eighth or whatever for the big man. Then ask for the link...

Ferris

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 31, 2020, 10:33:34 PM
Yeah. I couldn't actually remember why I asked pancreas if he wouldn't mind securing me a bit of weed from the dark web - at my cost - a few weeks ago, but after some thought it did come back to me.

After a particularly shit couple of months on here, someone went absolutely mental and tracked a members private email address down, then started sending him long rambling emails about how he was going to "stab him in the throat."

That kind of thing is quite unpleasant to deal with. Some may even call it stressful. It's a measure of how great this site is for me at the minute that it didn't come immediately to mind.

So I hope that part of the story wasn't left out.

Crikey sorry to hear that Bazza

Buelligan

Oh my lord, that's just appalling.  I'm so sorry you were put through that Barry.  I don't have the words.

Barry Admin

Thanks, but much worse for the other guy, I'm sure. Just bringing it up here as that seems to be what Blodwyn is referencing. For some reason.

Pancreas said no, btw, forgot to add.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 31, 2020, 11:47:31 PM
Thanks, but much worse for the other guy, I'm sure. Just bringing it up here as that seems to be what Blodwyn is referencing. For some reason.

Pancreas said no, btw, forgot to add.

No, I wasn't referencing that just my intimate knowledge of Pancreas' general persona (not bad)

hamfist

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 31, 2020, 11:31:41 AM
That's horrible, i hope good news arrives soon.

He was admitted with low oxygen levels measured in his blood, and was given oxygen & antibiotics, and has been on it ever since. No need for ventilators or owt luckily. He will be released when he no longer needs the o2 and his lungs are able to collect enough by themselves. I am mostly shocked because he's quite a fit chap, coaches a football team, plays football himself and cycles a ton. I'm the same age (44) and run a bit (25km per week) but I have asthma and need to use an inhaler more than I should. Keeping well away from this virus now.

Twit 2

Diet of spliffs should see me through, I reckons.

Barry Admin

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 01, 2020, 12:50:13 PM
No, I wasn't referencing that just my intimate knowledge of Pancreas' general persona (not bad)

Seems highly unlikely but okay whatever you say. I know what seems a hell of a lot more likely to me.

Abnormal Palm

My mum's had it but she's absolutely fine now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Barry Admin on April 01, 2020, 01:19:51 PM
Seems highly unlikely but okay whatever you say. I know what seems a hell of a lot more likely to me.

Well you are wrong

Barry Admin

Glebe

How everyone and their family and friends and that are okay.