Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Server for Videogame: Day of Defeat

Started by Puce Moment, March 18, 2020, 02:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

I have set up a server on a game that I think most people probably have if you play servers and play on Steam. If not, I think it is available through various packages that cost little - in fact, I have never actually paid for it in my 8 years of playing.

DAY OF DEFEAT is a multiplayer 2-team game with allies vs axis. Usual settings.

Just an idea as it is a nice, anonymous space to play a low demand game with full chat and mic function with little draw on RAM.

CookdandBombdDoDS

H-O-W-L

Day of Defeat or Source? I own both but the distinction is important.

Camp Tramp

I have this too. Got threatened with a virus by a kid I killed with a shovel.
Fifteen years later his threat may come true.

H-O-W-L

Can you post the server IP, so it's easier to connect? I'll also post a short guide down here for when it's ready:

HOW DO I DO THIS THEN?
Do you have Steam installed? If not, go do that, and make an account.

Then, purchase Day of Defeat: Source, and install it.

Once it's installed, you can either find  Puce's server in the server browser, or, open the Options menu, go to Keyboard, then Advanced Options, then tick "Enable Developer Console". Then (provided you're on a UK keyboard) press the ` button (next to 1) or the ' button if you're in the US, and enter "connect <IPHERE>", with "IPHERE" being the IP he's posted after this post. I'll edit this post with the right IP once it's ready.

Then get ready to have some nazi-shooting fun. Or GI-shooting fun, you bastard nazi.

Puce Moment

Thanks HOWL!

So, this is an old game but it runs well and still has really active servers. It hardly draws on your RAM and does not need fancy graphics cards to run. It also has a simple chat and mic function. Maybe see you there.

Puce Moment

For those interested - I play as jamesmission [PKK] if you want to chase me down in some server like the 6th or 1st, or friend request me.