Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,401
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:17:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

STEAM Will Probably Get A Load Of New Subscriptions?

Started by Camp Tramp, March 18, 2020, 11:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camp Tramp

I'm going to fire up my Football Manager again. Probably have enough time to play it now.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

El Unicornio, mang

Unfortunately the strain of tons of people being online now has made my internet connection practically like dial-up, so online gaming is out for me.

machotrouts

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on March 18, 2020, 12:09:43 PM
Worms Armageddon anyone?

I downloaded the PC Worms Armageddon for the first time a few months ago, think I completed some solo missions and then forgot about it. Haven't played it against a human. I am a PS1 Worms World Party veteran, and have yet to get to grips with the stuff that was excised for technical reasons (fire, crossbows, remotely legible menu fonts).

peanutbutter

Reckon I can play Burnout Paradise Remastered on a 2015 laptop? They took the online support for the original version down last year

Pink Gregory

Does CaB have a steam group?

May I join?

I'm 28, of overweight build and am quiet.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: machotrouts on March 18, 2020, 01:17:54 PM
I downloaded the PC Worms Armageddon for the first time a few months ago, think I completed some solo missions and then forgot about it. Haven't played it against a human.

Not touched the game for ages til this week, but playing it online again is a lot of fun! Learning all sorts of tricks I wish I'd known 20 years ago.

As for playing humans, i've found all the pros tend to stick to private matches or the more niche stuff with ropes etc so just jumping in a standard game is more or less hassle free. That said , got some right arsehole taking it way too seriously and badgering us all for not being good enough but besides that...

Ambient Sheep

To answer the OP, just a bit.  I read this over dinner last night:

https://games.slashdot.org/story/20/03/22/2112202/videogames-are-setting-new-records-for-simultaneous-users

Quote- Steam, the most popular digital PC gaming marketplace, reached new heights Sunday, drawing a record 20,313,451 concurrent users to the 16-year-old service, according to third-party database SteamDB

OK, concurrent users is not quite the same as subscriptions, but I suspect they'll be going up too. :-)