Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Isolation Diets

Started by Cuntbeaks, March 18, 2020, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuntbeaks

I had a Fray Bentos for breakfast.

Baxters Lentil and Bacon soup for dinner.

Lasagne, garlic bread and salad for tea.

If the virus doesn't get me, obesity and/or diabetes will.

Anybody living like a fat bastard during these testing times?

Ham Bap

Mainly been crisps and vodka so far.
And loads of buttered rolls.

Perfect time to lose weight though really. Working from home, don't need to leave the house and don't wanna eat too much of the food in my cupboards in case society collapses. Just don't eat but stress + boredom = face stuffing.

From Monday onwards I'm getting a diet on though.

Sebastian Cobb

Monday made jackfruit and veg biryani, had it for lunch the next few days.
Tuesday cooked a massive chilli, 4 portions frozen.
Wednesday cooked chana massala, 2 portions frozen
Today cooked daal for lunch and had bangers and mash for tea.
tomorrow will have the rest of the daal for lunch, jackfruit madras for tea.

Will use the leftover tomatoes and some urid dal to make makhani dal.

If I get peckish I will make a gram flour pancake.

I am nearly out of oats and and bread. I also need corriander. I will probably stock up soon so I have a week's worth of food if I get ill. Although getting more food increases that significantly.

I think I can get enough to survive from the Lebanese spice shop near me though.

Buelligan

Menu

• Toast and Marmite (I have MARMITE!!!!!11!!) + juice + water + tea + a small fruit (little orange)
  • Sandwich of leaves and sometimes some cheese
  • Omelette and salad (today) or something like baked potato, salad leaves and lentils/chickpeas etc (yesterday) or pasta with olives or pasta with other things or eggs on spinach or sprouts, rice and spiced lentils, lots of things really

Noonling

Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Rice
Dinner: Nuts

I have run out of rice now.

Zero Gravitas

Double chocolate porter
Double chocolate porter
Double chocolate porter
Ham, cheese, celery salt, mace and cinnamon toasties with tamari and árbol chilli dipping sauce.

popcorn

Just had a pint in bed for some reason

Dewt

Ham Bap

Quote from: popcorn on March 20, 2020, 12:15:43 AM
Just had a pint in bed for some reason

Your bed is now the pub.
Your wardrobe the pub toilets.
Coat-hanger a barmaid. Chat her up. I heard you're in there.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on March 18, 2020, 03:00:12 PM
I had a Fray Bentos for breakfast.

Baxters Lentil and Bacon soup for dinner.

Lasagne, garlic bread and salad for tea.

If the virus doesn't get me, obesity and/or diabetes will.

Anybody living like a fat bastard during these testing times?

My appetite is fucked, luckily I have enough food in, but can't face eating

idunnosomename

those croissants you get in a big bag from aldi

Blue Jam

Lost 1.5 kilos so far because I've had no appetite but that's thanks to a cold, not Covid-19. Very convenient.

massive bereavement

There's a chap who lives down the road from me who's massively overweight, to the point where he can barely walk more than a few yards at a time, I often pass him on the way to the shops and he'll be leaning against a wall trying to get his breath. If he catches this virus he's done for, if he doesn't then he's going to have a real hard time with the food situation. I'm overweight but he must be eating at least three times as much as I do.

My problem is chocolate (and chocolate biscuits) plus a bag of crisps every day. Not had a problem finding those in the shops so far, part of me hopes they will run out.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Been doing the usual, diet wise, not even a slight change from the norm so far.

Dead by 45 that's the aim.

Blue Jam

Been on the "Healthy Black Forest Gateau" smoothies lately:

1 x bottle of Grenade Carb Killa protein shake (chocolate brownie flavour)- 330ml
Frozen black cherries- 180g
1 tsp almond butter

Chuck all of this in a nutribullet or similar, top up with water so you don't end up with something the consistency of baby food, blend.

Also got frozen pineapple and coconut alpro for when the cherries run out. That makes a nice smoothie, especially with a squeeze of lime, and if you put porridge oats in it'll keep you going for hours.

Sebastian Cobb

I've been eating more if anything, probably going to get fatter with more food + no cycling to work.

Went out for the first time in a 6 days to get supplies to make more chana massala, dal makhani, spinach and coconut cream dal, jackfruit and veg biryani and some refried bean burritos. Got stung because quite a few bits were from a tesco express, I couldn't be arsed going further afield to see decimated shelves.

Blue Jam

Might try cycling to werk on Sunday. Cycling on roads terrifies me but so does the prospect of sitting on buses right now.

Sin Agog

Went apoplectic at my diabetic, cancerous, low-immune, ye olde asthmatic mum when I overheard her being asked to go buy some marzipan for her total narcissist bourgie bestie.  How much of a rich idjut must you be to have a panic attack because you don't have enough marzipan at home?! 

It turns out she said diazepam. 

Cuntbeaks

Made a family sized pot of carrot and coriander soup, mainly to use up the carrots that were beginning to turn. First time ive made it, and it was great, even if i do say so myself.

Manage to nab a coriander plant in Waitrose, which had a lot more fresh stuff than Asda did at 8am.

Bence Fekete

I've already been on this ridiculous GAPS (Guts and psychology syndrome) diet which is essentially no carbs and no fun but is probably the best place to be right now. 

One (of many) positives to emerge is that I've taught myself how to use a mixture of honey, almond flour and cocoa powder to rustle up some reasonably healthy, immune-system proppin' chocolate cookies/cakes or fudge. And having something like that to look forward to occasionally can be enough to keep you on track. Particularly if you're restricting yourself.

I mix s/f organic vanilla essence with butter, sea salt and white honey to make a very passable butter icing (add more almond flour to thicken) that probably tastes weak and like piss to a normie but when your liver is starved of all the usual junk is more than adequate to please thy clambering face hole with the illusion of extravagance. I think that's probably the key to all dietary change: well thought-out subterfuge.

massive bereavement

A doctor I was watching earlier noted there was a disproportionate number of younger people in the USA being adversely affected by the virus compared to the rest of the world and speculated that this may be to do with their poor quality diet.

NattyDread 2

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 19, 2020, 10:14:36 PM
jackfruit

Any good, that gear? I have a tin of that and some banana blossom or some such thing. I occasionally wonder what the fuck to do with it.

Ferris

I realized I hadn't eaten in 3 days Monday to Thursday this week (except for a small packet of mini eggs on Tuesday and a cup of cold tea on Wednesday) which is massively unlike me. Combination of stress from work, and I also think I've been ill for longer than I was initially aware.

Dry cough, temperature, mild shortness of breath today.

DEAD SOON.

Capt.Midnight

I can confirm that three cups of coffee, a banana and a tunnocks tea cake do not help in reducing an anxious tight chest.

Danger Man

Avoid cupasoups. They are well shit, as I have just discovered.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NattyDread 2 on March 20, 2020, 11:46:58 PM
Any good, that gear? I have a tin of that and some banana blossom or some such thing. I occasionally wonder what the fuck to do with it.

The unripened stuff is an ok meat substitute. I'm still figuring it out, but it's worked well in biryani's and I made a veggie shwarma out of it. I've also lined it up for a madras.

It has a slight of of a taste to it, but it's very mild. The texture is similar to chicken, but it's a bit flaky, like salmon.

I'll deffo do the shwarma again:
https://mygoodnesskitchen.com/vegan-shawarma-roast-jackfruit/

If you have an instant pot, I used this recipe and used it instead of the potatoes (she has a similar chicken biryani)
https://myheartbeets.com/instant-pot-vegetable-biryani/

seepage

Sebastian Cobb

^ it's just got an unripe fruit hint of it.

Last night I made refried bean burritos. 2 is usually enough for a meal. I got stoned and eat 6. Woke up this morning with mild heartburn and I've had 3 big sit down jobs before 11.

Buelligan