Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Isolation Diets

Started by Cuntbeaks, March 18, 2020, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on March 19, 2020, 11:11:12 PM
Double chocolate porter
Double chocolate porter
Double chocolate porter
Ham, cheese, celery salt, mace and cinnamon toasties with tamari and árbol chilli dipping sauce.
There must be * some* song you can sing this too, Shirley?

kittens

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 23, 2020, 11:42:25 AM
I've had 3 big sit down jobs before 11.

that sounds horrible, i much prefer stand up poos.

Captain Crunch

Here's a tip, if you are going to start the 5 // 2, probably best not to read a load of Clement Freud food columns on day one. 

popcorn

Quote from: popcorn on March 20, 2020, 12:15:43 AM
Just had a pint in bed for some reason

I was tempted to repeat the "pint in bed" experiment last night but resisted.

We'll see how the week goes

Puce Moment

Absolutely demolished a Co-Up Chocolate Trifle yesterday. Amazing.

Blue Jam

Cheese, wine, crackers. Also loads of grapes to make it seem vaguely healthy.

Put on a big thick jumper and my big waterproof coat to go to the shops today. Both felt a bit looser that they did a few weeks back. That was nice.

Cuntbeaks

Lime pickle, riata, spiced onions, poppadoms. Just the essentials.

bgmnts

Thinking about baking some cabbage, might chuck balsamic on it.

Dex Sawash

Load of nigella seed or black mustard seed

popcorn

Are there any good online places to order food from? I'm getting bored of Tesco Express.

bgmnts

Stuffing pepper with couscous and mushrooms with a little bit of roasted parsnip soup.

alan nagsworth

Felt rather depressed yesterday so my mind automatically veered for the brownest possible meal. Veg sausage and hash brown sandwich with hummus and hot sauce, and a side of reheated takeaway curly fries covered in American style mustard. I sat on my living room floor and smashed it down with a can of cherry coke. The kind of meal you hate yourself not only for preparing but for shamelessly eating with such voracity. That shit was gone in less than 3 minutes.

timebug

Pretty much eating what I would normally eat,although I have rediscovered a fondness for dark chocolate!

seepage

Items only consumed during a pandemic:
Princes Salmon Paste: very dry, needs butter, 2/10.
Sharwoods Prawn Crackers: the only thing left on the shelf when all the crisps were gone, surprisingly enjoyable, would buy again, 8/10.
The Real Pork Crackling Co. Golden Pork Crunch: don't usually like aerated pork scratchings but these were alright 7/10.
Cambridge 1:1 diet Apple & Cinnamon Porridge: DNPIM 0/10.
Heinz Big Soup Mighty Steak & Veg.: jolly OK, 5/10.
Dairylea Cheese Slices: moist enough to not need butter on the bread. 4/10.   

Sebastian Cobb

Had a gramflour pancake with pataks madras sauce spread on the inside in lieu of lemon juice. 7/10 WB.

hamfist

We made a meal plan to cover each week, to help us shop once per week. Usually we get a bit in, then I bring home little bits during the week as we go. Not now though - every meal is planned for the whole week - this will stay after the covids have gone away, it makes it a lot easier. This respite has made it easier to catch up and get on top of things a bit.

Buelligan

Huge pile of spinach.  Bit of sesame oil, a teaspoon, if that, in large super-hot heavy-based pan, fresh tender spinach + grind of black pepper in, tight fitting lid on, switch off the heat and give it a couple of minutes, just cooking in the heat of the pan.  Ate it with some very nice walnut bread.  Didn't even need an egg, nicely poached on the top, although you could.

chveik

made an onion & pepper pie, with cheese and an egg. 10/10