Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Some Felicity Kendal to boost morale

Started by DoesNotFollow, March 19, 2020, 07:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Fancied her when I was ten, but seem to have grown out of her since; sorry.

You will have to take her back to the shop.

DoesNotFollow

I would encourage others to share any images and/or anecdotes they have of Felicity Kendal.

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Felicity Kendal was apparently the only entry in the 1986 Liza Minnelli Shit-a-Like contest and she didn't even win.

Glebe

I really wish I had been Briers. Not only would I have been a 'Nation's favourite' lovely comedy actor, but I would have lived with Kendal in a warm, hobbity Surbiton paradise.

ZoyzaSorris

Sad to think everyone involved in the Good Life is dead now.

I've heard anecdotal evidence she's a bit of a bitch.  Her publicity shots look like she's trying ultra-hard to look all cute and simpering and winsome.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 19, 2020, 08:52:59 AM
I've heard anecdotal evidence she's a bit of a bitch.  Her publicity shots look like she's trying ultra-hard to look all cute and simpering and winsome.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on March 19, 2020, 08:52:59 AM

My first proper girlfriend looked the spit of her and was definitely deeply sociopathic and mad as a hatter with all the warm generous heart of a velociraptor whilst acting all cutely coquettish and that so I reckon you could be right (I'm still vaguely on speaking terms with her quarter of a century later so I hope she's not become a Cabber).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on March 19, 2020, 08:46:58 AM
Sad to think everyone involved in the Good Life is dead now.

Penelope Keith' s still alive.

Glebe

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 19, 2020, 09:15:50 AM
Penelope Keith' s still alive.

I think most of them are, I was just being silly. It's the kind of thing people say about cats on youtube vids (and rightly so)

edit: no, a lot of them actually are dead. Mrs Mint Cake, if the rumours are correct, is just dead inside (and possibly, like much of the rest of us, dead soon.)

pigamus

Have you heard what's happened to Richard Briars? He's gone completely mad!

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on March 19, 2020, 09:09:50 AM
My first proper girlfriend looked the spit of her and was definitely deeply sociopathic and mad as a hatter with all the warm generous heart of a velociraptor whilst acting all cutely coquettish and that so I reckon you could be right (I'm still vaguely on speaking terms with her quarter of a century later so I hope she's not become a Cabber).

Quote from: Flissy KI struggled with my temper. What I loved most was to throw things round the house – jugs, mugs, anything. I once threw a cup and saucer through the window of the ground-floor flat we were living in and the following morning there was a ring on the doorbell and the porter, looking at the hole in our window, came back with all the little bits and said: 'I think these must be yours.' Luckily, Michael has very quick reactions so I never hit him.
Adorable.

ZoyzaSorris

Twonty Gostelow

Oh Chom... Chom. Leave the compost for now Chom and come to bed or I'll twat you with this trowel.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I was just being silly too, tbf. Are both the scriptwriters still alive?

JarrowMonkey

Paula Wilcox Man about the House era, I win

pigamus

Connie Booth in a tight T-shirt, no you don't

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: pigamus on March 20, 2020, 01:10:40 AM
Connie Booth in a tight T-shirt, no you don't

That's not what I'd say to Connie Booth in a tight t- shirt. It sounds more like what she'd say to me.

notjosh

I have a copy of this record in my Dad's attic:

I don't have a digital version, so if anyone wants to hear it I'll have to get a train up North and invade my Dad's quarantine, possibly risking his death. Please advise.

Glebe

I like portable 'Mini-Kendal' Normal-Sized Kendal is touting!

notjosh

Quote from: Glebe on March 20, 2020, 10:44:30 AM
I like portable 'Mini-Kendal' Normal-Sized Kendal is touting!

I have a couple of those too. Surprisingly useful.