Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,474
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Indoors hobbies WANK FREE THREAD.

Started by Fry, March 19, 2020, 12:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

---------------WANK FREE THREAD. IF YOU MENTION MASTURBATION YOU WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM THIS SUBFORUM --------------

My SO just bought a crochet set and a bunch of puzzles. I have my switch and a backlog of games, but wouldn't mind some other stuff to do. What indoors hobbies do you do?

---------------WANK FREE THREAD. IF YOU MENTION MASTURBATION YOU WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM THIS SUBFORUM --------------

Buelligan

If I have time, I do paint, although most of my paints are dried up now, it gets so fucking hot here.  Also sew in many diverse ways.  Write.  Draw.  Grow stuff.  Read of course.  I like to imagine things and spend time considering them, maybe even just pondering colours and what they mean.  And lots of time mending stuff and making/fixing stuff because my home is quite ruinous.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm going to install retropie on my media raspberry pi and see if I can get it to use my wiimote+classic controller as a controller. Then I will play the original Resident Evil with the dodgy voice acting.

I also have resident evil 2 on the n64.

I may also get around to completing Thimbleweed Park.

Finish off the turntable plinth I'm making, although that will require me to spraypaint it in the ventilated downstairs carpark.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on March 19, 2020, 01:06:32 PM
What colour?

I'm going with mostly black sides (about 2cm of white around the top) and white top to contrast with the black-ish deck (which I'll get resprayed properly from grey to black).

A bit like this but black on the sides.

Butchers Blind

Probably spend my weekend sorting through my numerous boxes of CD's seeing which ones I can get rid of to make space.[nb]I won't end up discarding any[/nb]

Kryton

I've got a backlog of books, bought myself some acrylic paints and canvas, some drawing materials. I'm teaching myself 3d modelling in blender. Making some music mixes in Reaper.
Installed some strategy games on my PC.

Wish I still had my old keyboard and guitar. Time's like this would be perfect to learn.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Tempted to buy some super expensive LEGO and Airfix, but feel bad about buying pointless shit online at the moment.

studpuppet

My list of sh1t to do:

- replace MacBook frayed charging cable because my spare one is stuck at work.
- take apart a Minox C camera and service
- reattach a sprocket to one of my bikes (sprocket threads have stripped slightly so it needs work)
- remove a bottom bracket on another bike and file down its width so I can install a cotterless crank
- take apart a NAD CD deck and work out why it suddenly stopped working
- solder a wire in a Polaroid Land camera that I've been meaning to do for a while
- service a Rolleiflex camera shutter

Needless to say, none of these are on the separate, but far more public list my missus has for me to do during my incarceration.

Emma Raducanu

I really wanted to buy a piano for our house, expecting to pay around £1000 but I can't bring myself to spend that now, knowing I may be destitute soon.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: studpuppet on March 19, 2020, 03:07:02 PM

- take apart a NAD CD deck and work out why it suddenly stopped working

I fixed mine a while back, the laser had burned out. It was a tenner replacement from ebay.

I just realised I bought a harmonica a while back because it had free online lessons.

Also might build a c-moy headphone amp.

Buelligan

Quote from: DolphinFace on March 19, 2020, 03:07:33 PM
I really wanted to buy a piano for our house, expecting to pay around £1000 but I can't bring myself to spend that now, knowing I may be destitute soon.

Aye, that's the thing.  I'm not even paying my water bill (water is appallingly expensive here even if you're very careful, which I am) for a bit.  I figure if the Post Office is closed, I can't post it and they're just going to have to whistle until I know I can buy groceries next month.

studpuppet

Quote from: DolphinFace on March 19, 2020, 03:07:33 PM

If you're after an upright, people are constantly getting rid of them for free or a nominal payment. You just need to be able to do the heavy lifting. They're like old cameras: cheap to get hold of, but it's the maintenance that costs the money.

Replies From View

Hello I am here to claim my free wanks please

Buelligan

Strictly DIY I'm afraid.  In other words a con to get you clicking.  That's the modern world wide web for you.

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on March 19, 2020, 04:46:53 PM
Strictly DIY I'm afraid.  In other words a con to get you clicking.  That's the modern world wide web for you.

I've never heard of a modern one, I'm afraid.

pancreas

Fry

I really wanna get into making something. Like airfix or whatever. What kind of construction hobbies are good?

buttgammon

Quote from: Fry on March 20, 2020, 09:23:30 AM
I really wanna get into making something. Like airfix or whatever. What kind of construction hobbies are good?

A guy I know is making very elaborate Lego creations with his kid and they look genuinely amazing. I'd love to do one, but they're really expensive.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Fry on March 20, 2020, 09:23:30 AM

Build something useful like a boat that could also serve as a coffin.

El Unicornio, mang

I always have projects on the go to keep me busy but I wanted something to do that gets me away from a laptop screen so I spent 200 quid (seems like a lot but that's 2-3 nights out in Newcastle which I won't be doing) on a load of Warhammer 40k figures and paints, going to spend the next few weeks/months putting them together and painting them, and learning the new rules so I can maybe play some proper games in future.

Coincidentally, half of the ones the box I got are "death guard" soldiers with names like Plague Marine and The Lord of Contagion, just so I have a constant reminder...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Caning Cricket 2019 right now, absolutely caning the cunt.

1 game a day, perhaps 2 if stressed. Makes me feel worse when I lose though. Lol.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Is sticking a finger up your arse classed as wanking? It's keeping me entertained anyway.

kittens

have you thought about joining a gym