Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:25:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[muso] cheapest/easiest way to get Cubase LE?

Started by lazyhour, March 19, 2020, 08:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazyhour

Hi team,

What with the likely large amount of time we're all going to have on our hands soon, I wanted to get back into music making. Unfortunately I'm on a new laptop so I need to get new music software. I have a load of unfinished stuff as Cubase files but can't find the cd I used to install it. It was just a LE version that came free with a midi controller about 8 years ago...

So my question is does anyone know the cheapest way to get a more up to date version of Cubase LE that will be compatible with these files? Is there a cheap bit of kit that comes with it, does anyone know?

lazyhour

Important update, as you're gasping to know what's going on:

Bought an activation code for £10 from a fella on eBay. Will see how this pans out...

PlanktonSideburns

nice! hope you make some bangers

im also finding more time for musicing, its great

Crabwalk

Could this be the genesis of another Hong Kong in the 60s record, lazyhour? I bloody hope so.

lazyhour

lazyhour

Crabwalk

Roy*Mallard

I've just realized who Mr. LH is. Great podcast, by the way, tho how much money does your mate have? Cos he's always on holiday buying tonnes of records.

As an addendum, i live in Hong Kong and there's a local charity shop selling a copy of No Parlez for about 12 quid.....shipping included....probably.

lazyhour

Omg, please take a photo of No Parlez in its natural habitat when you can!

My mate isn't remotely wealthy - he pretty much just spends all of his money on records and city breaks!